Thread: Dropped paleo due to medical reasons. Comments page

Question Dropped paleo due to medical reasons. Comments

So I'm listening to the old episodes of 'Latest in Paleo' podcast, while also going through its show notes links, and I run across this blog, and especially the post titled farewell to paleo. Also look at his hunter-gatherer diet guide in the header.

What's your guys' take on this?
    I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    No big deal. He switched to a low fat paleo diet. it seemed to solve his problems. i'm ok with that.

i don't really see it as a big issue. i mean, i've moved my diet up into a higher carb range (up over 100 g), and it is working well/fine for me (i am active). Looks like most days now are 30% c, 30% p, and 40% fat. Some days i have more fat and some days I have less.

I think that if I decreased my fat down to 20%, the remainder of my calories would go to c and p, perhaps 50-30? That would be only 200 g of carbs total for my day. It's not a whole lot of carbs really. I mean, it would require a sweet potato or potato daily, probably, but otherwise? Should be fine.

I think he's moved towards vegetarian/vegan with potatoes and some grains. The way he went about it and the sudden direction he took was pretty weird but it seems to be working well for him. His blog posts are well worth checking out.

But he took out all the meat!

I think his wife moved him in that direction.

I was just browsing through her blog. Lol, maybe veganism can almost be tolerable by the looks of things.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    too sweet