Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal since 1 May 2012 - 24yo woman in search for health, energy and shape page

halfbunny is offline Senior Member

Primal since 1 May 2012 - 24yo woman in search for health, energy and shape

Shop Now
    After scrolling several journals, I need to start an accountability track for myself as well!
    Here I am, 24 yo, working 2 jobs at the moment because i did not find a proper one yet (i am living in one of those EU countries where it is HARD to find a job, so i shouldn't complain!) and finishing my Msc studies..

At the 1st of May, i was ready for a change! I did not know i suffered from stress, because really, it is difficult to piss me off so i thought the jobs - study situation wasn't a stressor.. but it is! I am always either on a train/ bus or on my desk. I realize now the bus/train thing is good, because i definitely sprint everyday!

I munched on carbs, especially bread (10-12 slices "healthy" whole grain daily, at least) and crispy evening stuff. I am not overweight by CW, but gained around 10lbs during the last year and feel bloated. I still feel a little bloated but begin to see progress, so I will keep track from here on:

Situation:
    5'7", 150 lbs, pant size EU 40
    Acne, lack of energy, water retainment on arms, legs and boobs.

Goal: same height , lbs don't matter, pant size EU 38 and later 36.
    Resolving skin problems, energy, stress, shape.

Of course, the stress will be resolved by finishing my studies, not by eating, but I guess i should already start my new life by being healthy!

New regime: Play whenever possible; meet nature during the weekend (walks, frisbee, football); only taking bread when unavoidable (business meetings where i have no chance to not eat atm); cut out sugar amap; Eat full fat yoghurts/cheese/meat and VEGGIES! I love them, so lucky me.

Sorry, long opening post. Please feel free to give advice!
    Last edited by halfbunny; 07-01-2012 at 06:29 AM.

ETA: I have this evening off and will be meeting 2 friends in the park to play frisbee and talk (probably there will be some red wine involved later)!

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Bunny. Good luck with primal!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!!
    Starting Weight: 208 lbs
    Current Weight: 166.8 lbs

Thank you Hedonic & Metric! I am new to the forums, took me a while to decide I should participate after scrolling the blog archives for 2 months. I will become more active on the forum next week, when one of my 2 jobs comes to an end.

The last days have been good 70/30: I only had one grain indulge i couldn't refuse, a lovely chocolate bun at a small meeting. I enjoyed it but didn't crave for more afterwards.

I losely tracked my calories and found out i am currently on a 2000 average, which used to be a 3000 average for months on end.. oops! Although life is better with the paleo fat & veggies approach, i will be preparing for a 20-24 hour fast when i feel my body is ready for it.

I already practice 12 hour 'fasts' almost everyday since a week, which must sound ridiculous for many people to think of that as a fast, but i used to eat smth as late as 11pm and again as early as 6.30am! You can tell my body needs the break!

Breakfast: 2 eggs crumbled in left over coconut milk + coffee with a little too much full fat milk (not raw, next time coconut milk or dab of oil)
    - Chocolate bun for work reasons.
    - Coffee
    - Jerky (finger long)
    - Fruit juice for work reasons, but it was pure, fresh and tasted great!
    - Large serving of endivia & kale steamed in the rest of the coconut milk/ghee

I am feeling satisfied and full, don't think i will eat anything more this evening. Tomorrow is a meat day, i guess. I try to have at least 2 days per week without meat for personal reasons.

My face started to clear up since this weekend. The sun also plays part in that, i suspect, though my face is really shining!

Nibbler is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on your primal journey halfbunny!

Thanks Nibbler, i am just a beginner, really.

I had the leftover banana pancake for lunch, following your recipe, and it tasted well enough cold , kept me satisfied for the long commute home! Which is very important because that is when i stock up on random bad junk.

Now preparing a califlower pizza crust for primal pan pizzas, a good friend and my boy are coming home soon.

i am making quite some money atm, but from next week on will be out of my best job because the company closes down. Not a surprise, so have been saving and budgetting..
    - 1 euro huge califlower
    - combined with big amount of organic minced beef, 2 euro (on the date)
    - fresh mozzarella on-the-date = 30 cents
    - 2 eggs, 2 cans of tomatoe puree = 45 cent tops
    Adding spices and olive oil, of course.

You can tell i buy 'on the date', happen to live next to a market! Great when i happen to arrive home on a sane time for those last scavenger deals. I will have to do that more often.

Nibbler is offline Senior Member
    Love the scavenger deals! I try to time my shopping visits for when my local grocery store marks stuff down. So are you making a 'meatza' stretched by diluting with cauliflower?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast