Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Primal since 1 May 2012 - 24yo woman in search for health, energy and shape page 4

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Pineneedles!, I am glad you are finding out your feet are less swollen as well!

I preferably wear sandals, I found a pair that is meant for hiking and still quite female looking (note the 'quite') and I sometimes wear 'ethnic' sizes of shoes, which are usually broader at the front (don't know why they are labelled etnic, quite insulting, i think every women is etnic and every person would like to wear fitting shoes).

That said, i am still looking for a solution for 'professional/stylish shoes'. Do you have any suggestion? I usually wear pumps with a short wooden heel, quite comfortable.

I had to weigh in for blood donation and happy to report i lost 4 lbs since the 1st of May! I also got stronger and all my blood levels and blood pressure are excellent.

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    I haven't seen any shoes marked ethnic sizes here but anything that's broader at the front would be great - although I have been unwilling to go for the "old-lady" styles of shoe that often come in wider fits. If I can't have pretty shoes I'd rather have something unisex than something grannyish...

We don't have a dress code at work so I could get away with wearing sandals or trainers but mostly wear Vivo Barefoots which are smart enough to go with a tailored skirt or trousers. Just bought a pair of these this week as I found them reduced price on Amazon. They have a wide fit. I love my VB trainers too. The only complaint I have that on the most recent two pairs I've had have worn holes through the sole in less than a year's use.

Back here after a very non-primal conference lasting one full week. All that was served was baquette, baguette and.. baguette again for dinner. With the occasional side dishes (yes, not the other way around, though it was presented differently).

The first 2 days i bloated up, but the last days it was really ok, the bread was nice and did not hurt me nor my skin (yet). I did go back to primal today with a serving of full fat greek yoghurt for breakfast and just now prepared a big salad for the upcoming lunch.

I think it helped that i did not snack at all, tons of bread was my only non-primal food and i tried to not overindulge. I realise i am young and can eat whatever and have energy nonetheless, but i will go on being primal untill i knock joint pain out and keep my skin flare up down!

Pineneedles, shoes continue to be a difficult thing for me too, my wonky feet fit by far best in a pair of sport sandals which are just a no-no on the job (i tried, didn't work out)..

I have one pair of office-suitable shoes that fit nicely but i cannot find the brand nor a picture, it reads 'M O X'. They are getting old so i will be desperately looking for new ones! Thanks for your link

As for the food, i prepared pork liver again on a bed of fresh purple onions and crispy sellery on the grill stand of the oven. Great taste with tomato pulp, left-over salad, including great olives and almonds and a bit of hard mozzarella.. Jum jum!

I just heard my uncle needs knee replacement because of arthritis, scary! I hope he tried everything to avoid it, but dont seem so (overweight, bad eating habits, not enough movement at all). Than again, i don't want to judge, because you never know for sure what caused it and i cannot feel his pain. I just hope he will be recovering well and taking care of himself better.

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for stopping by my food journal and for your very kind words. I'm glad that you are enjoying my journal.

^ You are welcome Metric. The journal section here is overwhelming so i just picked a few journals i skim through every now and then, and one is yours .

Meal for today:
    - huge mackerel, fresh from the sea (!).
    - Fennel cut in big humps (one big fennel, including the leafs which i used for garning! Its fennel season here )
    - Some leftover greens
    - Oven on 120 C for 1 hour, put everything together in an oven bowl (prepare the fish by slicing out the gut/ beheading) including olive oil, squeezed lemon and fresh ginger = delicious!

This is enough for 3 persons, or 5 if you include a starch side dish. a VERY satisfying meal!

i am not a loyal journal writer, but i am still on it for.. pffff, 50/50 at the moment. Stress is taking its toll, out of my control unfortunately, though I do everything I can to handle it well. And because i am stressed, i should eat much better!

21-day challenge! These are my 21-day feel-happy-rules

- Sleep at least 6 hours every night, allow for 9 hours at least 3 times per week.
    - Walk and cycle to work, take a break when the weather is nice to observe and take a nice route.
    - Preparing a good salad lunch for myself, every day, without bread, ignoring my only-male colleagues.. (IT crowd )
    - Movement: I move at least 7 hours per week doing my daily routine, so i want to include Lifting Heavy Weights again! Twice a week.
    - Taking care of breathing, laughing
    - I will be kind in traffic, develop some patience.
    - Love my fiancÚ and friends, showing them love by words, smiles, picknicks, attention.
    - Reading a good book, when I really cannot sleep, or preparing a delicate tea.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And rewarding myself with a massage at the end of September!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast