Breakfast: Cup of tea, preparing food
Second breakfast Goat cheese & leafy salad
Coffee + birthday chocolate - small piece
Lunch: Fruit salad, i was craving sugar.
Later: tomatoe & shrimp i prepared this morning
Dinner. Beet root steamed with leftover veggies, beef burger, fresh whole potatoe
Possible: Homemade dessert by a family member, dairy butter and sugar laden but delicious!
I really had to think what i ate today but it seems much better than what i used to eat, my gosh.
Happy birthday! Is it today? Hope the weather forecast for your picnic on Sunday is better than mine!
That's the nice thing about journalling - you can see how your eating patterns improve over time and also it's great to see the sheer variety of yummy healthy food we eat!
Thank you Pineneedles. Its on Sunday actually , but as i commute between 2 places and turn 25 = good reason to celebrate twice, hehe.
The weather is supposed to be almost no rain. Well, you know the kind of weather if you are living in London! Hope you'll be having great weather or otherwise a nice tree with rain-protective-abilities!
Pistache nuts, cacao + fresh berries + cream = Goodness!
I helped building a wall at a friend's lot = lifting heavy things! Carried at least 40 stones over 80 lbs (!!! yes, big ones).
I probably didn't think i would still be in by now, following the title of my journal thread '24 year old'!
Now i am a 25 yo and i have a year full of big changes ahead! I'll be at one place (roughly) every half a year instead of commuting all. the. fricking . time . and can work fulltime, i know since yesterday, at my best job which allows for much more freedom timewise and moneywise! Probably somewhere in a few months i get equipment so'll be able to work at home or in a park for part of the week = GREAT!
I do not do weighing but I lost weight on my belly and legs, (but nothing on my ass, junk in the trunk might very well be genetic). I started lifting heavy things 2 weeks ago, aiming at twice a week which i managed so far and think my body shape will become smoother, and i'll become stronger which is super important for overall longterm health .
I learned body shape is related to what you eat, mostly, which is logical, but i just seemed to refuse that simple fact untill recently.
I am happy, i want to play!
Pure chocolate + cream + strawberries.. WARM!
Endivia blended in an onion soup with left over chicken fat & bones.
The prospect of better times = times with more balance for free time is sooo gooood! But also overwhelming, i feel tired everyday.
No more lifting for me this week, joint pain is back, arrrg.
UPDATE after 2 months of primal (but with some days it didn't work out):
- Intake of bread from 12 slices per day to maximum 1 for conventional reasons. I don't seem to react badly to grains but i am super happy it went down!
- Intake of coffee from as much as 8 cups down to 1-3 cups per day, even had days i didn't have coffee, though that i felt later..
- Intake of leafy veggies went up to almost daily!
- I did not try very low carb, but generally seem to be around the 150 carbs per day, sometimes much lower, sometimes a little higher.
- Intake of fish twice a week, vegetarian mostly twice a week. Eggs or meat rest of the week.
- Dairy intake went down, though i like cheese in all its diversity
Recent changes, coming up:
- Conscious 12 hour "fast" daily + 15 hour fast twice a week. 12 hours is not really a fast, i know, but its more meant to give me peace of mind than burning fat.
- Keeping up the good food, experimenting with recipes, organising more dinners since i started to have a home i actually live 5+ days a week. Challenge: friend who has inflamation problems with night shades will eat at our place twice a week. I am very fond of potatoes/bell peppers/ tomatoes but will be glad to experiment.
- Experiment with chocolate recipes.
- SWIM as far as the weather allows..
Results this far NEW:
- My feet got smaller! I never realised they were swollen but i do now. I did not knock out joint pain in one of my feet, yet, but it is better! Reading up on inflammation provoking foods and 2-day-water-fasts to diminish inflammation.
- My calfs, knees and belly are not as bloated or swollen as they were before.
- Biggest improvement: my skin is clear, like, CLEAR! Except for the occasional hormonal pimple
- Clearly lost some weight as i fit my trousers from 3 years ago , though they are still a bit tight
- Got a little stronger already!
Seems i am getting more positive results on the primal blueprint than expected. I also consider buying the new book, though i already have my own excell sheet with some trackings
Last edited by halfbunny; 07-01-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Yes, improvement of my big toe joint. Don't think i can say its primal's reward, but I did take my rests much more than usual and eating leafy greens with olive oil or salmon makes me feel better inside . Still looking forward to October, when i'll only have one job on a 2weekly 40hours/ 32 hours schedule = so much time to rest, get sun light, enjoy nature..
That's great results halfbunny, and on such a busy schedule must be hard to keep stress down so that's particularly impressive. I'm glad you're pleased. Had never thought of feet getting smaller due to lack of swelling but now that you mentioned it I, too, have been more comfortable in a pair of shoes that used to pinch... My feet are tricky shape with bunions and joint pain too and I'm still looking for the optimal shoe solution. What shoes do you wear?
Tags for this Thread