Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal since 1 May 2012 - 24yo woman in search for health, energy and shape page 2

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    The pizzas turned out well. It wasn't a meatza because my vegetarian friend was coming over. I used this recipe for the crust: Cauliflower Crust Pizza | RecipeGirl.com
    I experimented a bit to get a good result .

- Huge cauliflower. Grate it (or hack into small pieces).
    - Dehydration of grated cauliflower: on a carton and under a grill for 1 minute
    - Set in microwave for 2-3 minutes/ 400 watt or in oven while pre-heating
    - Mix with one big egg or 2 eggs, lots of herbs (i used 5 provencal ones, dille etc, without salt)
    - A little old grated cheese in the mix for the crust!

Prepare a pan or oven with olive oil, heat it firmly! Bake the crust in approx 7 minutes, turn if you like extra crunchy.
    Put tomato puree on top, use toppings of your liking: I put summer onion, fresh pepperbels, mozzarella, olives and artichok hearts on, and minced beef for the non-vegetarians. Set under grill or in oven for an additional 2 minutes.

Total preparing time: 20-30 minutes, depends on grating.
    Last edited by halfbunny; 06-03-2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: forgot a detail

Going strong and easy but social conventions and business conventions are difficult! I had to go out for dinner twice last week, managed to skip the business one of them by saying i would work a little longer/ eat later, and eat greek yoghurt while on the train, but second time i had to join in.

I picked the most primal food on the menu, but it was droused in potatoes and sugar crusty things after all. I was highly sceptical on the records on here of people who said 'i totally felt sick after eating a donut', but i get it now! I had some sweets later that evening, which didn't help.. And woke up with the feeling of an hangover, in fact, i was doubting myself of drinking too much, but i really only had cups of tea and one soda. A sugary hang over that was, and a good wake up call to take care of indulges! While one indulge is easy to stomach, this was too much of a bad thing. Next time i'll certainly skip the soda and the side cookies, that should eliminate the pain.

I need to remind myself i don't have to incorporate everything and perfectly.. I really need to stay with the basics as my body is not responding well, still have brain fog regularly and my belly isn't flat but protruding -allthough more squeezy than before, which could be a sign smth is going on-.

The only 1 on 1 correlation i can make -yet- from primal is my skin! Its so smooth and no red patches! I do get the occasional hormonal pimple, but i don't worry about that since my forehead and chin aren't looking RED and uneven anymore..

I eat quite some fruit daily and want to cut that down to 2 pieces or portions, not excessively like 5 kiwis, a banana and 2 oranges per day..

It may seem i don't like primal, but i DO! Because i looooove the food/ non guilt about fat, the skin and play. Changes on the long run aren't always visible at first, so i just continue feeling good and hope to lose some more bloating and a little belly fat along the way (may it be next month or next year).

What i changed since half April/ 1st of May:

- From 2-3 bag of chips per week to <0.5
    - From junk food for dinner at least twice a week to <0.5
    - Upping vegetables!! A lot!
    - From low fat yoghurt to greek yoghurt
    - Cutting out sugar
    - No more pasta or pizza, well to <0.5 per week
    - Bread only when completely unavoidable (due to social/ business conventions, that is at least once a week. I don't think i am very sensitive to it though).

Since June
    - Home cooking more = even more vegetables
    - Discovered bone broth!
    - Coffee intake was always 8-10 cups per day, i now cut down to 2-3 per day.
    - Chocolate is out except for 70+ % chocolate in moderation
    - I gratefully accept and enjoy offered food that is prepared with love, even when totally not primal (like the 'pasta salad' my niece prepared).
    - Try to eliminate fried food..
    - Upping my sleep close to 7 hours, aiming for 8+

Who am i kidding? When working in my home country, the bread lunches are seriously unavoidable. So sad! At least i know eliminate it to 1 bun per lunch maximum. In France, we usually go out to eat and its no problem to make that at least 95 percent paleo. But in such bread culture i am in.. no chance! The catering just dumps 2 baskets of bread on the table, usually one with meat, one with cheese and thats it. I do bring my own salad, but as these lunches are in a clean, business environment and not perceived as a break at all, i can't do that every time at the moment, just not my position! Will try to not eat lunch at all, which won't be a problem if its a man-only + me lunch: Women tend to really watch eachother and make comments

At least i'll have bone broth and salmon & cabbage salad when home, one bun can't spoil that

I don't fit in pant size 40 anymore btw, its loose!

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Well done on the loose pants, halfbunny! Sounds like you're really motivated to do well and have made a lot of positive changes. It must be difficult in work situations like that where you feel like you have to eat what is put on the table. Can I ask what country you are living/working in?

Sure Pineneedles, and thanks for the encouragement. I currently work in the Netherlands & France (and Brussels too)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Discovered today that one of my dearest friend is primal, too! She is a single mom of a 3 year old and as soon as i saw the little guy biting on a bone, i knew it . She has an artistic and educative job which allows for so much more freedom eatwise! But i shouldn't whine and work with what i've got. Already so many improvements made, and i am relaxed about results: my body didn't become this stressed and bloated in one day, so i shouldn't expect my body to relief and tone up in a month. That said, i had an awful headache this morning..

i first thought it was the grain carbs, as i had half a bun yesterday, but then a light bulb plpped: i didn't drink coffee yesterday! That is the first no coffee day since at least 10 years.. which sounds kind of sadly addicted. I decided i should drink a little cup and immediately felt better. Again: so sad, but surprised i could easily skip a day! I still want to limit my coffee intake, and cut down already a lot of coffees, but not ready to take the plunge hard core..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast