Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal since 1 May 2012 - 24yo woman in search for health, energy and shape

Shop Now
    The pizzas turned out well. It wasn't a meatza because my vegetarian friend was coming over. I used this recipe for the crust: Cauliflower Crust Pizza | RecipeGirl.com
    I experimented a bit to get a good result .

- Huge cauliflower. Grate it (or hack into small pieces).
    - Dehydration of grated cauliflower: on a carton and under a grill for 1 minute
    - Set in microwave for 2-3 minutes/ 400 watt or in oven while pre-heating
    - Mix with one big egg or 2 eggs, lots of herbs (i used 5 provencal ones, dille etc, without salt)
    - A little old grated cheese in the mix for the crust!

Prepare a pan or oven with olive oil, heat it firmly! Bake the crust in approx 7 minutes, turn if you like extra crunchy.
    Put tomato puree on top, use toppings of your liking: I put summer onion, fresh pepperbels, mozzarella, olives and artichok hearts on, and minced beef for the non-vegetarians. Set under grill or in oven for an additional 2 minutes.

Total preparing time: 20-30 minutes, depends on grating.
    Last edited by halfbunny; 06-03-2012 at 02:38 AM. Reason: forgot a detail

Going strong and easy but social conventions and business conventions are difficult! I had to go out for dinner twice last week, managed to skip the business one of them by saying i would work a little longer/ eat later, and eat greek yoghurt while on the train, but second time i had to join in.

I picked the most primal food on the menu, but it was droused in potatoes and sugar crusty things after all. I was highly sceptical on the records on here of people who said 'i totally felt sick after eating a donut', but i get it now! I had some sweets later that evening, which didn't help.. And woke up with the feeling of an hangover, in fact, i was doubting myself of drinking too much, but i really only had cups of tea and one soda. A sugary hang over that was, and a good wake up call to take care of indulges! While one indulge is easy to stomach, this was too much of a bad thing. Next time i'll certainly skip the soda and the side cookies, that should eliminate the pain.

I need to remind myself i don't have to incorporate everything and perfectly.. I really need to stay with the basics as my body is not responding well, still have brain fog regularly and my belly isn't flat but protruding -allthough more squeezy than before, which could be a sign smth is going on-.

The only 1 on 1 correlation i can make -yet- from primal is my skin! Its so smooth and no red patches! I do get the occasional hormonal pimple, but i don't worry about that since my forehead and chin aren't looking RED and uneven anymore..

I eat quite some fruit daily and want to cut that down to 2 pieces or portions, not excessively like 5 kiwis, a banana and 2 oranges per day..

It may seem i don't like primal, but i DO! Because i looooove the food/ non guilt about fat, the skin and play. Changes on the long run aren't always visible at first, so i just continue feeling good and hope to lose some more bloating and a little belly fat along the way (may it be next month or next year).

What i changed since half April/ 1st of May:

- From 2-3 bag of chips per week to <0.5
    - From junk food for dinner at least twice a week to <0.5
    - Upping vegetables!! A lot!
    - From low fat yoghurt to greek yoghurt
    - Cutting out sugar
    - No more pasta or pizza, well to <0.5 per week
    - Bread only when completely unavoidable (due to social/ business conventions, that is at least once a week. I don't think i am very sensitive to it though).

Since June
    - Home cooking more = even more vegetables
    - Discovered bone broth!
    - Coffee intake was always 8-10 cups per day, i now cut down to 2-3 per day.
    - Chocolate is out except for 70+ % chocolate in moderation
    - I gratefully accept and enjoy offered food that is prepared with love, even when totally not primal (like the 'pasta salad' my niece prepared).
    - Try to eliminate fried food..
    - Upping my sleep close to 7 hours, aiming for 8+

Who am i kidding? When working in my home country, the bread lunches are seriously unavoidable. So sad! At least i know eliminate it to 1 bun per lunch maximum. In France, we usually go out to eat and its no problem to make that at least 95 percent paleo. But in such bread culture i am in.. no chance! The catering just dumps 2 baskets of bread on the table, usually one with meat, one with cheese and thats it. I do bring my own salad, but as these lunches are in a clean, business environment and not perceived as a break at all, i can't do that every time at the moment, just not my position! Will try to not eat lunch at all, which won't be a problem if its a man-only + me lunch: Women tend to really watch eachother and make comments

At least i'll have bone broth and salmon & cabbage salad when home, one bun can't spoil that

I don't fit in pant size 40 anymore btw, its loose!

Well done on the loose pants, halfbunny! Sounds like you're really motivated to do well and have made a lot of positive changes. It must be difficult in work situations like that where you feel like you have to eat what is put on the table. Can I ask what country you are living/working in?

Sure Pineneedles, and thanks for the encouragement. I currently work in the Netherlands & France (and Brussels too)

Shop Now
    Discovered today that one of my dearest friend is primal, too! She is a single mom of a 3 year old and as soon as i saw the little guy biting on a bone, i knew it . She has an artistic and educative job which allows for so much more freedom eatwise! But i shouldn't whine and work with what i've got. Already so many improvements made, and i am relaxed about results: my body didn't become this stressed and bloated in one day, so i shouldn't expect my body to relief and tone up in a month. That said, i had an awful headache this morning..

i first thought it was the grain carbs, as i had half a bun yesterday, but then a light bulb plpped: i didn't drink coffee yesterday! That is the first no coffee day since at least 10 years.. which sounds kind of sadly addicted. I decided i should drink a little cup and immediately felt better. Again: so sad, but surprised i could easily skip a day! I still want to limit my coffee intake, and cut down already a lot of coffees, but not ready to take the plunge hard core..