Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 2% Greek Yogurt Ok? page

neophyte is offline Junior Member

Is 2% Greek Yogurt Ok?

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

I know that full-fat Greek yogurt is preferred, but it only comes in plain flavor and I find the taste repulsive. Is 2% still ok or should I just avoid it all together if I can't eat full-fat? The 2% kind I've been buying is Chobani.

Thanks!

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    2% is not okay if it's not plain-flavored. Flavored yogurts are packed with sugar. If you don't like the flavor of plain yogurt, then just add some fresh berries to it.

neophyte is offline Junior Member
    Eh, yeah, there's definitely some sugar. Any other suggestions other than berries to mask the taste of plain yogurt? Honey I guess would work. Although honey has sugar...

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Generally, flavored yogurts contain sugar or some type of sweetner so I stick with plain. Full fat would be better of course, but 2% could be worse. The sad thing is I can't even find full fat and hardly any 2% where I live.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    Maybe some stevia? I'll do stevia and berries with cinnamon as a treat sometimes.

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    You could always just stop eating yogurt...

But if you really want to keep eating yogurt (but don't know why you would since you hate the taste) then you could 1) try any other fruit other than berries. What about bananas? They are delicious in yogurt. You could even drizzle a little bit of honey over it. 2) Sweet potatoes. I know this sounds weird, but I think it tastes good. 3) Nuts or nut butter

CE402 is offline Senior Member
    Raw honey + vanilla extract mixed in with yogurt is good.

Or the thawed frozen berries and some vanilla.

camel is offline Senior Member
    I love peanutbutter and cinnamon and stevia stirred in.
    Or just stevia vanilla and cinnamon.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    if you don't like yogurt without the sweetener, then its the sweet you like not the yogurt.

You could just not eat yogurt if plain doesn't work for you. Try different brands though. They all taste different.

I like my full fat plain (greek or not) yogurt with frozen blueberries and a little drizzle of honey.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I found that the only Greek yogurt palatable for me is Fage (pronounced "Fah-yeh") plain (either 0 or 2% because the markets near me don't get the whole-milk version), to which I add a cup+ of fresh (ideally organic) blueberries or diced strawberries or raspberries; sometimes I also add a sliced banana. All other brands don't taste right to me; no idea why. But if you haven't tried Fage plain with fresh berries mixed in, I highly recommend you try it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast