Thread: Best Jerky Brand? Is Ostrim Good?

Best Jerky Brand? Is Ostrim Good?

Shop Now
    Hi all,

Before I begin, I'd like to take a second with my first post to thank Mark for such an incredible website with so much wonderful information. I'm thrilled to now be a member of the forum.

I'm in the process of transitioning to a primal diet and looking for the best brand of jerky to eat on a regular basis. I've always loved Protos Foods brand 'OSTRIM', particularly their Ostrich Jerky. I'm not totally sure what to look for though in terms of being a good, healthy option and was wondering if anyone could shed light on this product based on the ingredients and/or provide a better alternative.

Ingredients: Beef, Ostrich, Filtered water, Nonfat dry milk, and contains 2% or less of: Citric Acid, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Mustard flour, Potassium lactate, Black pepper, Garlic powder, Sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite, and sucralose.

Thank you in advance!

Sucralose means shit.

and that Citiric Acid is almost certainly derived from corn. Which isn't good.

Thanks. Know of any good brands? Mark never seems to ever have recommended any. I prefer the convenience of buying vs. making my own.

Got that... thanks Lorraine. Any brand recommendations?

Do a google search for grass-fed beef jerky and go with one that has as few ingredients as possible. Or-make your own!!
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Thanks tradawg... just found this brand doing what you said: Sophia's Survival Food

Grass Fed Jerky Chews - Paleo friendly beef jerky

Anyone ever try it?

Or Steve's Original? http://stevesoriginal.com/cart/Grass-Fed-Just-Jerky/
    Last edited by neophyte; 05-29-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Steve's Original is good as a snack, they are portioned that way and are easy to cary and eat on the go. They are a little tough and require you to chew them slowly and let them warm up and hydrate a bit in your mouth before you can really chew them, but they taste like a piece of steak. They also have their own paleo sticks, like a slim jim, which is also a great snack.

I also like Primal Pacs (primalpacs.com), they are larger portioned and I use these more as a meal replacement on the go. They are chewy and easy to eat and 1 pack will fill you up. They are very tasty but taste and feel more like ground beef than steak though.

Those are the best two I've found, and I eat them both.

Shop Now
    I found the best beef jerky .... Jacked Jerky

They smoke it, there are no preservatives or chemicals and all the jerky is made by hand.

It's a small company, so they go the extra mile.

YOU'RE WELCOME <3