Thread: Greetings from Ottawa Canada !! 22 days in and loving it !! page

Dave 613 is offline Junior Member

Greetings from Ottawa Canada !! 22 days in and loving it !!

Just finished reading Marks 21 day blueprint book and I'm 22 days into the world of Paleo / Primal living..

Feb 2011 I weighed in at 365lbs and knew I had to make a change if I wanted to continue to be around for my family..So thru a ton of hardwork and normal nutrition I dropped 110bs. I also rediscovered my love for mountain bike riding..But even after the weight loss I felt that if I didnt excercise I would gain weight. Always felt like the boat was sinking..SO winter arrived and sure enough I gained about 30 lbs back..So once spring was back, I was back on the bike and the weight started to drop again but not as fast which meant my nutrition was the culprit..Of course I fell into the marketing hype of drinking the energy drinks before and after a 2 hr ride..Protein bars on the trail etc etc..Which all led me to question why I wasnt losing any weight..and how I found out about Paleo / Primal way of eating.
    So 22 days ago and after a ton of online research etc I decided to switch over to primal..Initially I chose to give it 7 days and go from there...Well that went so well I decided to go for 30 days. I feel great..Weight loss has been just shy of 20lbs and even better I am never hungry !! Cravings have been minimal..I just cant believe how easy it has been..I did notice a slight decrease in energy when I was on the trails..but that was after 2 hrs of riding..So I scaled back the ride duration for the 1st 2 weeks...But now I am back full speed ahead..
    My wife has now joined me in the primal nutrition as she has seen my results and wanted to give it a try.

All in all I never would of guessed it would be this easy but I am so glad I found it.

Cheers

Dave

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Hey Dave,
    Welcome!! I'm from Ottawa too.

I have created a Facebook page for us Ontarians, if you'd like to join. Trying to gather a good list of resources available throughout the province. https://www.facebook.com/groups/161012717363428/

Congrats on the success so far.

Dave 613 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks...and I've sent a request to join the group..

Cheers
    Dave

Metric is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Done