Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cooking Fails page 7

DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    You're supposed to eat the strawberry greens. They're good for you - seriously. I don't do it all the time, but it is a different way to get your "salad greens" in.
    Right there whicha!! When making a smoothie I ALWAYS throw in the greens. Unfortunately, while blending the pop base, the coconut mixture got really foamy so I stopped the BlendTec WAY before it could emulsify the green caps. So, green leaves in everything!
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeilaMiah View Post
    When making a smoothie I ALWAYS throw in the greens.
    Okay - I don't have this happen to me very often, but I just had an "Ewwwwww!" moment.

Seriously, you two? I love anything green, but I have never heard that strawberry caps are edible. How did you both find this out? Kitchen accident? Poverty desperation? (Don't be angry - my family was on welfare for a long time... we did some stuff...) Were you taught by your moms? My mom has always eaten the apple core when she eats a fresh apple, but I just thought that was some eccentric village-German craziness (my mom is an immigrant to this country). Now I hear people are eating strawberry tops!

jes1014 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    My mom has always eaten the apple core when she eats a fresh apple, but I just thought that was some eccentric village-German craziness (my mom is an immigrant to this country).
    My DH eats the core too and he is neither German nor a recent immigrant... just a little peculiar
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160

jes1014 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a whole pan of boiled eggs explode on me last week. I had turned them back on for a few minutes when I realized they were way too runny, forgot they were on, and went downstairs to watch our nightly show. 45 minutes later, I heard weird banging noises and thought the cats were up to something. Went upstairs and smelled the most horrible smell while the eggs exploded in the pan. Luckily, the lid was on so it contained the first few bursts but the house reeked the rest of the night and I kept waking up because I thought we had a fire.
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567