Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 8

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm reading through "Eat like a Dinosaur" trying to find a dish my son will like. It's proving nearly impossible b/c he's not a fan of real chunks of meat. He's more of a ground up meat kind of kid.

My move-a-lot plan for tonight is to transfer all the stuff from my little refrigerator (21 cu ft) to my big refrigerator (28 cu ft). It echos when you yell into it! lol jk I haven't tried yelling into it, but I almost bet it would echo. And straightening up the kitchen overall. Might even be able to talk the kids into a walk after dinner.

Just have to figure out what dinner will be.... hmmm
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    I just made my first batch of homemade mayo ever! I haven't been eating mayo recently, because I can't find any without canola or soybean oil in it so I just bit the bullet and made my own. EVOO + coconut oil. It came out perfectly! Now I can enjoy my tuna salad without guilt! This will make my whole 30 much more enjoyable (as long as I don't get salmonella from the raw eggs.)

MamaAdams is offline Member
    I'm in if it isn't to late, will start right now although today has been pretty good, only thing that isn't whole 30 approved was some dark chocolate covered walnuts. I am trying to get my gut back in order and Milk Kefir is really helping me, would 4-8 oz each morning be okay or should I wait till the whole 30 is done (I make my own kefir so it doesn't have anything added to it)
    ?

What is kefir??

Kefir is a fermented probiotic milk drink. you use live kefir "grains" to make it by puting them into milk and letting it sit out for 12-24 hours depending on how sour you like it. I helps to get your gut flora back in working order.

The kefir grains do eat up the lactose (sugars) in the milk and seems to work well for me since I have an intolerance to lactose.

I don't think I'd be into sour milk... I use sauerkraut right now for gut health. I hope that's enough!

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    It's more along the lines of a thin yogurt, no?

It doesn't really that sour. Mine is probably more mild than a lot of peoples because i am just starting and I also don't think I would be able to drink it if it was that sour. I have read about people who let it sit out till it seperates to curds and whey and I could never do that. I would compair it to liquid plain yogurt.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    The Whole30 is supposed to be dairy-free, as dairy proteins are considered an inflammatory agent in many people. Making it into kefir doesn't change the protein at all. Would you consider trying to convert some of your grains into water kefir? It uses honey or sugar, but that's just to feed the little beasties - there's not much sugar in the resulting beverage, I don't think.

Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast