Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 7

apple is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm in. Really looking to kick the dairy off the table with this.

Made a bunch of chicken thighs cooked in a little olive oil, chopped bell peppers (of all colors), onions, paprika and cumin. VERY southwestern for not having any chili powder. Also, very tasty. Will be eating leftovers today.

I have been making water kefir to drink to add some probiotic power in my diet without looking to yogurt. Sugar is a big ingredient in water kefir, but it mostly gets fermented out, so I won't worry about drinking this daily all month. Also will be making chicken bone stock to have every day.

Gonna get this gut healed, gonna kick the dairy once and for all, and gonna feel great doing it!
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

DharmaBunny is offline Junior Member
    I'm in.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I made ghee last night. I put one tbsp into ice cube trays and refrigerated it... then wondered how I would get it out, so I froze it in hopes that I could get it to pop out like ice cubes... we will see if I was successful in my efforts or not. If that doesn't work, I'll suspend the tray in hot water for a quick second to soften the edges of the ghee so I can get it out. If THAT doesn't work, I'll melt the whole shittin' works again and pour it into a storage dish. lol

Breakfast this morning was 4 Jone's All Natural Fully Cooked Mild Sausage links (the ingredients say there is sugar, but there is no sugar in the nutrition info for one serving so it must be less than 1 gm per serving so I'm not going to sweat it) and about 3/4 of a cup of sauerkraut for probiotics. Plus my mountain of vitamins. Off to a great start.

I am NOT looking forward to the sugar withdrawals, but I know it's necessary for me to reach my goals.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

shelleyldale is offline Junior Member
    can I join for support if I'm not doing it perfectly strict? I'm 12 weeks pregnant and getting back into primal after a hellacious first trimester. I'm doing mostly whole30 rules, but I am not completely quitting dairy yet (sticking with raw cream, grassfed butter, organic raw hard cheeses, grass fed butter, kefir and yogurt) but in way less quantities.
    I'm going to eat the local, organic potatoes that come in my coop.
    And honestly, if I'm starving and away and it's eat something less than perfect or not eat til I get home, I'm going to eat something less than perfect because the alternative is morning sickness and it's just not worth it.
    But I ate out a TON the last 8 weeks, barely cooked, ate lots of carbs, GF baked stuff, crap crap crap, because cooking made me vom, smelling food made me vom, and going longer than one hour without food made me vom, so this is a ginormous improvement.

Can I play? pwease?

Other goals- walking 3 times a week. Daily yoga (not intensive every day, but I'm in yoga teacher training and a 40 day practice is part of my "homework" that I'm starting today) resuming my supplements and herbal infusions.

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    Me too - scared to make the commitment because I am completely weak willed! but I started today with the full intention of lasting 30 days. Will have to make some long term plans though - we have a street party for the Queens Jubilee - what the hell am I supposed to eat there? it will be traditional triangle sandwiches and lovely cakes I'll have to sit eating salad - thats when it becomes hard...

Sometimes when I think the food choices will be too tough on me I just don't eat at all. I do this so regularly that now it is easy, it's my new mode for social events. The old mode was to pig out on all the worst crap. Maybe it's too black and white and I should learn to eat responsibly in public but I really don't care. How long will the party last?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Question... is fruit ok? it's loaded with sugar and we're supposed to avoid sugar, so I was curious.

or is it just "Added" sugar? And does fruit count as added sugar when you add it to a salad?? lol Silly questions, but this inquiring mind wants to know.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

silverfox is offline Junior Member
    My understanding is that fruit is allowed on whole 30. Those of us who limit our carb consumption typically restrict fruit to some degree. It's very hard to keep carbs under 100g without restricting fruit. That being said whole 30 isn't really a low carb diet so if you're not limiting carbs then fruit should be fine.

marthat - I just noticed that we're the same height and are going for the same goal weight. I'm at 140 now hopping to drop down to 135. Good luck!

My goals for this month are to reduce my sugar cravings and get myself of caffeine. If I lost a little fat I wouldn't say no to that, but it's not my primary objective since it's mostly a vanity goal.

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, fruit is absolutely fine. It's added sugar (as in cane sugar and other isolated sugars) that are not allowed on the whole 30.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Today's been great! I had an omelet with broc, peppers, onions & cheese, 4 strawberries.
    Lunch was 6 scallops, BA salad, green tea.
    Grilling later: small ribeye, spinach, parm, coleslaw, tiny tangerine.
    Swam and dog paddled around in the pool for 35 mins, 2.5 miles on treadmill.

Best tips I can think of:
    keep a clean kitchen, write it all down, move around as much as possible, start a good book.

silverfox is offline Junior Member
    Well, so far so good. I kicked off day one of this challenge by walking 2 miles to the store to get pumpkin seeds for the salad I'm having later in the day. Breakfast was bacon (no nitrates) with broccoli and asparagus. Also had some frozen berries. Excited about my ultimate game this evening.

Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast