Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 55

LeaB is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I am going to report the results of my attempt at the whole30. I lost about 4 pounds, which is amazing for me, as I lose super slow. I lost about 1/2 inch off each thigh!!! and about 1 inch off belly. I am satisfied with that as I did not fully comply with the rules but I did try hard! (already being primal, my big changes were alcohol, chocolate and cream). I drank gluten free alcohol several times and had a bit of cheese here and there when I forgot to order without. But I did go without chocolate or cream in my coffee for 25 days which is nothing short of mind boggling to me me. I binged on some chocolate over the weekend, and am feeling gross even thinking about it now.

I added some cream to my coffee this morning and found that using 1/4 of what I used to use is plenty, and delicious. I feel bloated after this weekend, and of course don't know if it is the chocolate, cream or alcohol. good grief.

I want to start again/ continue with the whole 30 into July, so I will be switching threads. I just bought the book 'it starts with food' this morning (it is available on nook now), despite the fact that I have already read The Primal Blueprint, and Robb Wolf's book. But I heard on this thread that it is good, so I will read. I like the writing style so far.

Although I considered myself pretty strict paleo when I started (85/15) I feel I learned to listen to my body better, especially with not eating after dinner, I found that I used to eat that chocolate out of habit not hunger. I find that the alcohol in social situations is the hardest for me. I am not sure how to address it.

So anyway, I really enjoyed this thread and will hop over to the July one now.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I'm up 1.25 lb after yesterday, a result of three possible factors.
    1. Much larger than normal supper meal, with a small amount of non-Whole30 components.
    2. Cheese at lunch.
    3. No poop yesterday.
    Those were the only changes. I have not done the weekend weight jump in the past 2 months, so this is an obvious change. Nothing major happening today. I'll eat Whole30 compliant and see what happens tomorrow. I think I'll make BP coffee for breakfast...

Touchdown is offline Junior Member
    I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've been a lurker for a few weeks and decided to register today so I could share my results.

I started my Whole30 on June10 and just finished it up this past weekend. I was pretty strict on it and did not have any alcohol, sugars (apart from some trace a mounts in bacon), dairy, etc. Starting weight was 298lbs. I'm a 39.5 year old male.

Got on the scale on Day 31 and was VERY pleased to see a 24lb drop in weight. I knew I was down a significant amount as my pants were sagging pretty bad. Weight on day 31 was 274

My energy levels were very high throughout the month, work outs were great.

On Day 31 I did have allow myself to have a "cheat" and had 3 gum drops, some fudge, and 3 slices of pizza. I felt HORRIBLE after that and had a headache the rest of the night.

After that one day cheat, I'm back on the Whole30 plan again as I still have lots of weight to lose.

Good luck everyone!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Touchdown! Great results on your first Whole30!! I find myself in a world of hurt too when I bring those things back into my diet. I'll likely remain mostly whole30 until I reach my goal. Best of luck to you for the rest of July! I'm so glad you feel so much better!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Deadnskinny is offline Junior Member
    Ok, I'm new. I'll say that right off so tell me if I'm totally wrong.

I read the Whole30 page, having never heard of it, and my question for you is ... is it a lot different than what's outlined in Primal Blueprint? Without delving too far into it, it didn't seem that unlike what Mark outlines in the book. Is it just a total, no cheating, no 80/20, you're-going-to-do-this commitment for 30 straight days?

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Awesome touchdown!!! Way to go... Lesson learned w that cheat meal

Deadnskinny, primal is a less strict version of paleo, and the whole30 is a stricter version of paleo to some people. The whole30 is absolutely 100% paleo. No alcohol, grains, legumes, dairy etc. does that make sense? There's a new whole30 thread for July if you're interested!

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455