Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 54

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    hey guys, I'm still at the beach but doing good.. lots of seafood, meats on grill, eggs galore, veggies and fruits. I found a new market with mostly organic fruits and vegs, grass fed meats, was a dream come true. I've turned so many people on to IT STARTS WITH FOOD and Mark's books.. they say they love the weight loss, (I'm down 31 lbs since about Apr 25) but they want the good mood I'm always in now.. I swear it's the lack of sugars and grains. AND the increase in good fats!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Congrats for all the great news today, ladies! Martha, I'm glad you have a whole "new" wardrobe!!

Today, for me, was the exact opposite of Whole30. Lots of sugar, bad oils, etc. DH scolded me at one point and said "why the hell you drinking a dew?" I told him I'm doing the whole30 again starting either Sunday or Monday and he goes "ah, getting some cravings out of the way?" Yep.

I'll be a bit more behaved tomorrow, I think.

Everyone has done great and I'm so happy for all of you. I can't wait to see what the final weigh ins look like! Good luck all! Only one day left!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 29: B: bacon and eggs. L: leftover baked chicken leg quarter with skin, eaten cold, picnic style, radishes, black coffee. S: Chicken caesar salad, no cheese or croutons, made with more of the leftover baked chicken - just a drumstick, iced tea. Late supper (after son's soccer practice): Beef burger, barbecued, no bun or condiments, one pepperoni stick, mint tea.

Weight remains stable at 142.0, fourth day. Painting at son's apartment reno project. Up and down the stairs about 20 or 30 times. And it was trim painting, so spent most of the time crawling around on my knees. HATE trim painting!!

Well, June is over in 2 hrs and I feel pretty good about it. I didn't do as well as some of you in sticking to the rules, but I knew I couldn't do without cream in my coffee and a little on strawberries.. And I had probably 1/2 cup total of cottage cheese on several occasions with cantaloupe, one of my favorite things to eat anytime. Other than that, I'm happy with the weight loss, real happy about the addiction to the treadmill and swimming twice a day, no sugar or grains since apr 24, may have been 26th, but I'm down 31 lbs in 9 wks and it's all because of finding mark's book, then IT STARTS WITH FOOD, which I really adore, and realizing good fats make all the difference. Hope all of you are happy with your results.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Great job, Judy!

If anyone is interested, there is a Whole 30 for July thread. Come join us!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations to all for doing (or, cough, attempting) Whole 30 in June! You all rock, each and every one of you.

Day 30: B: Bacon and eggs, sauteed spinach, black coffee. L: BAS with a leftover chicken thigh and an avocado, olive oil. p.m.: 2 pepperettes and cherry tomatoes - car food on the way to the airport to pick up hubby from Germany. S: Lovely sushi restaurant - had salmon teriyaki, served sizzling on a bed of diced veggies. A perfect primal supper. Ignored the rice ball.

I actually exercised yesterday! Went with son to the brand new, only-open-a-week, Family YMCA. They have an indoor running track and tons of wonderful new machinery. I walked 0.3m, then ran 1 mile (ten laps), then walked 0.1 more. Then I did leg press, rows, chest press and lat pulldowns, plus a new ab machine. I'll be back.

Weight yesterday and today (the end) is 141.5. I'm down 6 lbs for the month of June, and was down 7 lbs for the month of May. Last night, as we were sitting down to dinner, hubby asked me, "Are you still eating no rice and stuff?" Well, last supper of the month - I could have thrown it away and eaten anything, but I so didn't want to. When the server brought the complimentary dessert of two little fried ice cream balls (dairy, sugar and wheat - AHHH!), I didn't even want to eat any. So I didn't. Couldn't have done that before!

So I'll say so long to this thread and move over to the July thread. I plan to loosen up a little for the coming week (Canada Day, my birthday, my wedding anniversary and a motorcycle trip with other couples), then get back to Whole30 until I reach my ultimate goal weight of 135 lbs.

BTW, hubby brought home several enormous chunks of cheese, hand made by the Austrian cousins at their little dairy in the Alps, with milk from cows grazed on high altitude pastures. Will likely be my first cheat!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Great job, Judy!

If anyone is interested, there is a Whole 30 for July thread. Come join us!
    Thank you, jenn. I know it's the food but exercising on a regular basis has never been easy for me, especially after pulling my sciatic nerve yrs ago, exercising even a little would inflame it like crazy. But this spring I decided to actually use the very expensive treadmill and the pool water heated up early for us this year.. And I had read when walking go from slow to very fast, back to slow, etc. So I would start at 2mph for a few mins, then go as long as I could at 4 mph.. Do that over and over for 2 miles, morning and night. That combined with the diet, wow, I have averaged nearly 4 lbs per week, and unbelievably good mood and sleep. 145 is my goal, about 6 lbs to lose, and I hope to maintain that, maybe get to add in a few more fruits, bananas even, more sweet potatoes and even some real ice cream now and then

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Yayyy congrats on making it through June! Il be honest. I'm having anxiety about "ending" the whole30 so I'm continuing on through July. Once I feel safer about letting go of the control of sage foods, I may branch out and have some cream in my coffee or something like that. For me, it's all about control and routine!!

Sadly, I never took my starting weight. I've never tried to look at numbers since I did have an ED growing up, but I did notice some changes in my body. Im so confident w myself, the strength I've gained from Crossfit, and my food choices. Amazing realizations during the whole30!!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, Day 1 of NOT being Whole30. At lunch, I ate about an ounce of organic cheese from Austria, made by relatives in their small organic dairy in the Alps. It was my first taste of dairy in 2 months - mouth flavour explosion! At supper, a Canada Day dinner party/BBQ, I had about 4 oz wine (heavily diluted by club soda), one bite of a pork tenderloin stuffing that contained boxed stovetop stuffing. The pork roast was delicious, the stuffing was mostly sausage meat, but the wheat component was there. And on the dessert table was home-made dark chocolate almond bark! I had 3 pieces. First chocolate or nuts in 2 months as well.

My contribution to the dinner was a big salad with toasted slivered almonds and bacon bits, plus a creamy avocado dressing that was to die for!! The recipe is here: Closet Cooking: Creamy Avocado Dressing (aka Guacamole Buttermilk Dressing) , but I substituted the buttermilk for coconut milk to make it dairy free. It was an amazing dressing, good enough to just eat straight with a spoon. I ate pork loin roast, smoked turkey, my salad, an awesome beet and apple salad, wine spritzer and the above-mentioned chocolate bark. I am still stuffed 4 hours later. It was an awesome meal.

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast