Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 52

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For the record...I've dropped three pounds in three days, from eating primally, watching the portions, not eating after 8 pm, and exercising. OK, yes, this has got to be water weight/bloat from eating crap all last week. But I'm feeling good.

I even tried liverwurst this morning, to attempt to get some offal into my diet. So far? Not a fan. :P

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    sounds like everyone did well, even with health issues! i had no problems, but i lost only 2 pounds. i am 5'6, and i weigh 151.8 lbs. not heavy, i look slim. (but i'm not a size 2!) i wonder if i will see the 140's again....i just lose weight really slowly. I feel really good, so I guess my body is where it should be. I keep telling myself the extra 5-10 lbs is all muscle!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    HopelessDreamer, I'm also 5'6" and started my weight loss at 155 lbs or so. At that weight I had over 33% BF and definitely looked overweight. But I have a very small bone structure and that's what makes the difference. I have a friend, same height, and 25 years ago, when we both weighted 135-140 lbs, she looked slim and I looked flabby and pear-shaped. She wore a size 9 engagement ring and I wore a size 4. that's the difference that bone structure can make.

Now at 52 yrs old, I'm thrilled when I'm anywhere in the 130's. Ah, how times change!

islandwahine is offline Member
    Is my carb intake too low?
    I have been tracking my food intake with FitDay and this is yesterdays numbers.

Cals 1018
    Fat 82.3 9g
    Carbs 17.3g
    Prot 54.1g

I felt really good all day yesterday but had the worst nights sleep...I decided to cut out fruit after eating way too many grapes these past few days ...I think I need to add some carbs but what should I eat...grapes and nuts are trigger foods for me...any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    Is my carb intake too low?
    I have been tracking my food intake with FitDay and this is yesterdays numbers.

Cals 1018
    Fat 82.3 9g
    Carbs 17.3g
    Prot 54.1g

I felt really good all day yesterday but had the worst nights sleep...I decided to cut out fruit after eating way too many grapes these past few days ...I think I need to add some carbs but what should I eat...grapes and nuts are trigger foods for me...any suggestions?
    Not only are you Very Low Carb, you're also not eating enough calories. What did you actually eat yesterday?

Hey Jackie

This is what I ate yesterday

B-3 eggs and 3 slices of bacon

L- Salad
    1 cup of lettuce
    1/2 cup of carrots
    1 boiled egg
    olive oil salt & pepper

D-salad
    2.5 cups of lettuce
    1 slice of bacon
    1/2 cup of shrimp
    1 boiled egg
    1/4 cup mushrooms cooked
    1/4 cup zucchini cooked
    olive oil salt & pepper

Dude, where's the beef? Seriously, five eggs and some shrimp are simply not enough meat. Add some beef, poultry, and fish. And you're not getting enough quality fats -- the bacon is fat, yes, but you'd be so much better off adding an avocado to your salad. Olive oil is fine, but I'm assuming you're only using a little on your veggies and not really enough to get adequate fat from it. For breakfast, consider scrambling the eggs in coconut oil and add in some diced veggies, like bell peppers, onions, garlic and mushrooms.

Thanks Jackie...I ate beef the night before and just wasn't in the mood to eat it again...I'll add more MEAT to my meals and better fat..Our avocado tree is almost ready to be picked . . I love coconut oil and use it regularly for my eggs. I added some veggies in my eggs this morning I enjoyed it...going to be tweaking my food choices and hope I can sleep better!!!

Awesome! It sounds like you're making thoughtful choices. See how your sleep is affected on days when you eat more (especially more animal protein) to see if there's a connection. Good luck!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    Our avocado tree is almost ready to be picked
    An avocado tree of my own would be my dream!! Alas, not in central Ontario, Canada. I've seen them in Central America - how lovely.

Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast