Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 51

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    **waves pom poms** You're almost there, folks!!!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    **waves pom poms** You're almost there, folks!!!
    How are you doing, Jackie? Better?

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    How are you doing, Jackie? Better?
    Yes, thanks. After a week of eating terribly, I began this week feeling better. So while I'm not on Whole 30, I am primal. And to help counter my binging tendencies, I have given myself the guideline of not eating after 8 pm (which is when I'm prone to mindless eating). The past two days have been very good in terms of energy and positive outlook. I've also begun taking more supplements, so now I'm up to 1 multi for women over 40, 1 D3 (5,000 IUs), 1 B complex, 1 acidophilus (however it's spelled; this is until I'm...shall we say, back to regular? Man, one week of eating terribly really wrecked my digestion!), triple strength fish oil/omega 3, and max strength magnesium.

And I've been in touch with a therapist. Even though she's booked solid, she's helping me find another therapist who would be a good match.

Last thing: Today I'm going to a new CrossFit gym near me. I'm cautiously hopeful, because while I really liked the few weeks of CF I did last year, that particular gym was way too advanced for newbie me. The trainer/owner of this new facility swears by safety first and working closely with members to ensure proper form and adequate weight. Fingers crossed...

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Day 27 (or whichever day it is for you)!

collegeprimalgirl is offline Junior Member
    Glad to hear you are feeling better Jackie! We are all rooting for you!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Day 27... I'm sad to see how close I got to doing the whole month... 23 days and I had to call mine off. Stupid antibiotics.

Looking for a good probiotic to build myself back up with after the antibiotics are finished. Once I finish the antibiotics, I fully intend to go back to dairy free. These last few days with dairy have left me feel oh so bloated!!

You guys are doing awesome! I can't wait to see your final results!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Is there a whole 30 for july thread started yet?

Quote Originally Posted by collegeprimalgirl View Post
    Glad to hear you are feeling better Jackie! We are all rooting for you!
    Aw, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Day 27... I'm sad to see how close I got to doing the whole month... 23 days and I had to call mine off. Stupid antibiotics.

Looking for a good probiotic to build myself back up with after the antibiotics are finished. Once I finish the antibiotics, I fully intend to go back to dairy free. These last few days with dairy have left me feel oh so bloated!!

You guys are doing awesome! I can't wait to see your final results!
    Jenn, I've been taking an acidophiles supplement to help get healthy bacteria in my gut, after a week of really poor eating habits. If you're not already, you may want to try adding that. Also, sauerkraut is full of probiotics, from what I understand. Hang in there! Kick the sickness, then you can return to Whole 30.

And I don't think anyone has begun a Whole 30 for July thread yet.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 27: Today my younger son and I drove 3 hours each way to a big city to visit older University Son. B: Bulletproof coffee. L: Beef Tenderloin salad at a Tony Roma. About 5 oz freshly grilled beef on a plate of greens and tomatos. Picked off the croutons, reluctantly ate the little bit of shredded cheddar, used minimal balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Was hungry by mid-afternoon (not enough fat) so was eating fresh peas and fresh raspberries in the car. Finally stopped and bought a pepperette for the fat content. S: Can of brisling sardines with olive oil and Mediterranean spices, black olives. About a dozen local fresh strawberries. Now a cup of tea.

Too many hours in the car. I'm bushed.

I have decided that starting Sunday, I am going whole30 again. I'm going to use the remaining time I have before my next whole30 to take care of any cravings I had while on the Whole30 last time - i.e. cream cheese pancakes.

I have enlisted the help of a refrigerated probiotic capsule to kick this candida overpopulation and no longer see the need for yogurt (thank heavens b/c it was making me bloated to beat hell!).

However, I am also dropping into "Last Supper Mode" where I eat/drink non-primal crap too - jelly beans from the office down the hall, mt. dew, hand made candies from the health food market (it's a very vegan store, so I highly doubt the candy is even close to primal), etc. Diet mentality. I need to get rid of it... but, there's nothing in the Primal Blueprint that says you can't enjoy a forbidden fruit once in a while - 80/20, right?

Anyway, I'll be starting up on either Sunday or Monday, I haven't decided just yet. I usually do my grocery shopping on Sunday, so it'll depend on whether not I get that done and have a whole lot of Whole30 approved foods on Sunday or not.

I'm so excited to see what everyone's end stats are! And I can't wait til the end of July when I'll have new stats to share too. This is so exciting to me b/c I lost 10 lbs in the 3 weeks I was W30, so I can just imagine what another 4 weeks will do!

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast