Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 49

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jenn, do what you have to do to get healthy again. Whole 30 will always be there.

Folks, I want to thank you all again for being so supportive. No call back from the therapist yet; if there's no return call by end of business Monday, I'll call someone else.

And I'm particularly stoked, because I found another CrossFit gym near me. I'd tried CF last year, October - November, and while I really enjoyed the weightlifting, the classes were too big (and too advanced) for beginner-me -- I wound up hurting my back due to either poor form or too much weight (or both). But this other location -- along with being hundreds of dollars cheaper -- makes a point of putting safety first, with the trainers not allowing more weight until the individual is ready to move up. I have a freebie session this Wednesday to check it out and chat with the trainers. I have a good feeling. Fingers crossed!

In terms of food, so far today, so good: I didn't eat until after 11 am (slept in!), and I had 3 pieces of bacon with 3 eggs, bell pepper, mushroom and scallions, plus a mug of black coffee and 2 glasses of water to wash down my vitamins. In a little bit, I'll be biking over to the town pool with my sons. Tonight, we're going to grill -- I have 2 grass-fed hamburger patties, a ton of Applegate Farms uncured hot dogs, and sauerkraut, plus all the fixins for a big-ass salad.

I hope everyone is enjoying (or has enjoyed) their weekend!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Wow, this sounds great! An entire head of garlic? Yow! How many lamb shanks?
    I cooked two, as there were only two of us home. One per person would be about right.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Hope everyone is feeling good this hot Sunday afternoon.
    Company came and went; always good to see 'em, even better to see them backing out

While everyone else was building giants sandwiches, I had the meats and salads. When they were making banana splits, I spread walnut butter on organic apples, never felt deprived even once and that used to be my major problem. It's the ghee with eggs instead of spraying Pam, the fat on grass fed steaks instead of cutting every single bit off, heavy cream in my coffee (I know) instead of low fat coffeemate, never any nuts because of that horrid fat. OMG what a difference in my BRAIN, which is where all diets live, ya know!!!!

Anyway, I've done great all w/e, meats, salads, veggies & fruits. Pool and treadmill workout.. Zipping to the coast when DH gets thru with his packing; I was up at dawn organizing my stuff while everyone else slept. Amazing how the wrong foods weigh u down in more ways than one. Stay hydrated, everyone!!

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Lots of family parties this weekend.... This usually comes along with lots of gross foods. I stuck w veggie platters, fruits, and nuts yesterday. I rewarded myself when I got home with a nice bowl of chili (recipe from ISWF). Felt great. Woke up this am hit up an early hot yoga session! Met the family at dreaded IHop. It's the one thing my 85 yr old grandpa loves, getting us all together. And he loves IHop. Sooo I sucked it up. Had a huge fruit platter and black coffee. Everyone asked 1000 questions so I just said to the waiter "so sir, what oil do you use to cook w in the back" "oh I have no clue" " um exactly, fruit for me". That kind of shut everyone up. I have to be blunt w these loud Italians. Haha

Can't believe we'll be on day 25!!! Way to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    I cooked two, as there were only two of us home. One per person would be about right.
    Awesome. Thanks! **getting ready to dash to The Meat House**

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Well, the unthinkable has happened. I have come to actually prefer my coffee black! While doing this Whole30, now on Day 56, I had to give up my Carnation Milk/cream habit. I've used generous amounts of Carnation Milk (evaporated milk) for decades and love it. When away from home, I would have coffee with double cream. During the Whole30, I have been using coconut milk when at home and having coffee black in my work thermos or if purchasing coffee out. This morning as I was having my second cup of coffee with CM, I realized that I really wasn't enjoying it that much and that I really just wanted to pour it out and refill my cup with black coffee. So that's what I did!

I think that when this is over, I will try staying with black coffee, unless it's VERY strong or really bad and needs the moderating effects of cream to get it down.

In other news, I survived a family picnic potluck supper with my Whole30 integrity intact this evening. Lots of potato salads and macaroni salad type stuff, but also sliced ham and sliced cold roast beef, deviled eggs (YUM!) and a fresh fruit salad. I took my own unsweetened iced tea. My 86 year old aunt looked at my plate and said, "Is that all you're eating??" I said yes and chowed down. Too low fat to be really satisfying, but I've had a bowl of berries and coconut milk now that I'm home again to bump up the fat.

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    Up for July?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Really? You can only report one post in a 60 second time frame??? That's crap... Lots of spammers today.

Danielfire, I am thinking about a Whole31 for August... I'm on my 3rd course of antibiotics and need the probiotics in yogurt for at least the next 10 days. Otherwise, I'd be game for July.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Well, the unthinkable has happened. I have come to actually prefer my coffee black! While doing this Whole30, now on Day 56, I had to give up my Carnation Milk/cream habit. I've used generous amounts of Carnation Milk (evaporated milk) for decades and love it. When away from home, I would have coffee with double cream. During the Whole30, I have been using coconut milk when at home and having coffee black in my work thermos or if purchasing coffee out. This morning as I was having my second cup of coffee with CM, I realized that I really wasn't enjoying it that much and that I really just wanted to pour it out and refill my cup with black coffee. So that's what I did!

I think that when this is over, I will try staying with black coffee, unless it's VERY strong or really bad and needs the moderating effects of cream to get it down.

In other news, I survived a family picnic potluck supper with my Whole30 integrity intact this evening. Lots of potato salads and macaroni salad type stuff, but also sliced ham and sliced cold roast beef, deviled eggs (YUM!) and a fresh fruit salad. I took my own unsweetened iced tea. My 86 year old aunt looked at my plate and said, "Is that all you're eating??" I said yes and chowed down. Too low fat to be really satisfying, but I've had a bowl of berries and coconut milk now that I'm home again to bump up the fat.

Couldn't agree more about the coffee situation! Was just telling my husband the same thing! Would have never guessed I would actually enjoy my coffee black. I occasionally use the canned coconut milk, but don't need it!

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast