Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 546

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 48

  1. #471
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,315
    Primal Fuel
    Well, after a week of overeating junk foods...yesterday, my stomach started hurting. This morning, I'm slightly nauseated. It's time for me to stop this binging and get back to being healthy. What's upsetting is that for the first time in a long time, I've been eating emotionally -- eating when not hungry, purposefully eating bad foods, you name it. It's terrible. I have to get a grip.

    I think I also have to draw the line with my CW/all-things-in-moderation SAD family and say "I can't have these specific junk foods in the house." They can keep the chocolate and cookies and ice cream that I don't eat - but the kind that I do? It's time for those things to be gone, seriously gone. I'm sure they would agree to keep their Oreos and ditch the Breyers.

    And I left a message for a therapist yesterday. And had a talk with my husband. I used to be on Zoloft for bipolar, and more recently Lexapro for depression - and I think the manic/depressive tendencies have returned, with a vengeance. While I'm not keen on the thought of medication, I realize that I deserve better than to be constantly cycling through the can't-get-off-the-sofa/can-clean-the-whole-house-in-an-hour thing. It's exhausting and unhealthy. Anyway, he's completely supportive, whether or not medication is involved. He, like me, isn't a fad of meds, but he wants me to be better. The therapist I left a message for is a psychologist, not a psychiatrist, because I **really** don't want to resort to meds -- but I figure this is a start, right?

    Anyway, sorry about the dumping. I'm really proud of everyone here for sticking with Whole 30. You guys are inspiring, and I hope that you're getting everything from Whole 30 that you were looking for.

  2. #472
    marthat's Avatar
    marthat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,053
    And I hope you get everything from therapy that you are hoping for. You deserve a happy life - we all do. It is a big first step to recognize and acknowledge the problem, formulate a plan and take a step along the path to that plan. You have done all those things already. Best wishes to you in your journey to mental and spiritual health.

  3. #473
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,315
    Thanks, marthat. I'm looking forward to finding me again, if that makes sense.

  4. #474
    TLoRu's Avatar
    TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    And I hope you get everything from therapy that you are hoping for. You deserve a happy life - we all do. It is a big first step to recognize and acknowledge the problem, formulate a plan and take a step along the path to that plan. You have done all those things already. Best wishes to you in your journey to mental and spiritual health.
    This goes for everything in life. Love this piece of advice marthat!

    Whole30 has been going well over here! Flew through it starts with food. Tried some of the recipes in the back. So quick and easy! I definitely recommend trying some out! Workouts have been going really well. Energy is still off the charts anddd I'm sleeping like a baby! Thinking I may just continue past the 30!

  5. #475
    CaveCanem's Avatar
    CaveCanem is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    77
    A friends daughter has been recently diagnosed with bi polar at age 13. The psychiatrist told my friend that every untreated manic episode causes damage and that if left untreated you can end up in a place where treatment becomes harder and harder. Take care of yourself. And get the help you deserve! Sending you good vibes!

  6. #476
    marthat's Avatar
    marthat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,053
    Oh, man!! I just had lamb shanks slow-cooked in a Mediterranean sauce for supper. OMG GOOD!! I scored local lamb shanks at the farmer's market this morning. They were so simple to make.

    Chop one big onion and spread over the bottom of the crockpot. Arrange lamb shanks on top. Add rest of ingredients - half of a big can of diced stewed tomatos, about half cup red wine, about 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar. 1 full head garlic, peeled, but left in whole cloves (you squish them later and use as meat topper), about a tbsp of an Italian herb blend (my friend gave me one and I don't know exactly what's in it, but the usual stuff, I guess), and about half a cup of sliced green olives (or whatever kind you have kicking around). Turn on high and walk away for 4-5 hours. The meat is amazing, the sauce is amazing - my son was slurping the sauce up from his plate - luckily only the two of us home tonight! We scooped and sucked the marrow out of the bones, too, first time for that. I'm feeling very nourished this evening.

  7. #477
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,697
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    And I left a message for a therapist yesterday. And had a talk with my husband. I used to be on Zoloft for bipolar, and more recently Lexapro for depression - and I think the manic/depressive tendencies have returned, with a vengeance. While I'm not keen on the thought of medication, I realize that I deserve better than to be constantly cycling through the can't-get-off-the-sofa/can-clean-the-whole-house-in-an-hour thing. It's exhausting and unhealthy. Anyway, he's completely supportive, whether or not medication is involved. He, like me, isn't a fad of meds, but he wants me to be better. The therapist I left a message for is a psychologist, not a psychiatrist, because I **really** don't want to resort to meds -- but I figure this is a start, right?

    Anyway, sorry about the dumping. I'm really proud of everyone here for sticking with Whole 30. You guys are inspiring, and I hope that you're getting everything from Whole 30 that you were looking for.
    Feel better my friend. I know what it's like to reach a point where you feel out of control of your mental health and how difficult it is to turn to drugs, but sometimes it's nice to just give up the fight and let the meds do the work for a while. Best of luck to you and please keep us posted.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  8. #478
    jenn26point2's Avatar
    jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,697
    As for me... I am going to have to cut my Whole30 short. After two weeks of antibiotic therapy, I think my pro-biotics are suffering. I'm showing the initial signs of yeast infection and no matter what I take for this rib pain, it makes me feel incredibly nauseated. I've NEVER had a reaction to Vicodin before and tonight it's making me feel sick. The only thing I can think of is the loss of gut flora. So, since I felt sick a bit ago, I ate some yogurt for quick pro-biotics.

    I exceeded my goals with this round of the Whole30 and fully intend to participate again! I lost 10 lbs in the 22 days I completed. I went from a size 16 pants (loose at the time) to a size 12!! So amazing!

    Once I get healthy again, I'll be back for sure! I'll still check in with everyone, but I'm going to switch back to Primal til I feel better. Thank you for the awesome challenge, everyone!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)




  9. #479
    marthat's Avatar
    marthat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,053
    All the best in feeling better, Jenn.

  10. #480
    dragonjax's Avatar
    dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Oh, man!! I just had lamb shanks slow-cooked in a Mediterranean sauce for supper. OMG GOOD!! I scored local lamb shanks at the farmer's market this morning. They were so simple to make.

    Chop one big onion and spread over the bottom of the crockpot. Arrange lamb shanks on top. Add rest of ingredients - half of a big can of diced stewed tomatos, about half cup red wine, about 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar. 1 full head garlic, peeled, but left in whole cloves (you squish them later and use as meat topper), about a tbsp of an Italian herb blend (my friend gave me one and I don't know exactly what's in it, but the usual stuff, I guess), and about half a cup of sliced green olives (or whatever kind you have kicking around). Turn on high and walk away for 4-5 hours. The meat is amazing, the sauce is amazing - my son was slurping the sauce up from his plate - luckily only the two of us home tonight! We scooped and sucked the marrow out of the bones, too, first time for that. I'm feeling very nourished this evening.
    Wow, this sounds great! An entire head of garlic? Yow! How many lamb shanks?

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •