Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 47

marthat is offline Senior Member
    My copy of "It Starts With Food" arrived by UPS about 2 hours ago. Gotta love Amazon. I ordered it less than 48 hours ago, Tuesday evening. Arrives Thursday before supper - wow! Now that the ribeye is inside me (well, to be honest, only about half of it - I couldn't finish it), I'm starting to read. So far so good.

Day 21 has been great. B: 3 slices bacon, 3 small eggs, spinach sauteed in bacon fat, coffee with CM. a.m. black coffee. L: leftover coconut curry fish fillets and broccoli, a whole half pint container of fresh raspberries (they're on sale!), tea. After work snack: about 2 oz leftover liver, shared with the neighbour's cat. S: Aforementioned ribeye, BBQ'ed, tomato balsamic salad. Homemade iced tea (no sweetener). I'm stuffed.

Hit a new low again this morning. Love that the weight keeps moving downwards.

Happy Summer Solstice, everybody!

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Great strategies, CaveCanem! You've got this travelling thing nailed!!
    Thank you Marthat. Each day is a new day with the same potential for good or bad choices, so I'm not letting my guard down yet.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I had a good day yesterday; didn't eat much as I was frantic getting ready for a load of company coming, unexpected.
    I had 2 boiled eggs and 1/2 org apple with walnut butter for bkfast.
    I grilled lbs of meats to have on hand and had 2 chicken legs and a salad for lunch, strawberries and cream.
    Last night all I felt like eating because I was exhausted from cleaning was cantaloupe & cottage cheese.

I'm all set to eat right while company is here but then to beach house for about 10 days, maybe 2 wks. What I'll have to watch down there is all the homemade ice cream neighbors and friends insist on every single day. I'll do the strawberries and cream, slightly frozen, but we have a neighbor down there who makes a famous potato salad that will melt in your mouth, will watch that.

I did weigh because 3 perfect weeks this month and I did quite well in May, started primal end of April and have officially lost 25 lbs. Shorts actually zip, bathing suits look good, if you can get your mind off bread and sugar, this is the easiest way to lose. I think swimming and never missing a day on the treadmill kept me in a mood that wouldn't let me quit.

Judy! 25 lbs lost! Great!!!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Great job, Judy! I'm at 24 lbs since March 5. I can't wait til I hit the 25 lb mark! 25 lbs is a milestone if I've ever seen one!

Today I'm a bit concerned about food choices. A guy I work with is leaving on a new assignment so we're having a luncheon for him. No one has announced where we're going yet, but the guy who is leaving has specifically asked for a place that does salads and no Mexican food. He's supposedly "paleo" but he's making a lot of amendments if he is b/c I see so many errors in what he chooses for food. He tried to tell me oats were approved and knowing better I questioned the logic considering oats are a grain that has to be processed in so many different ways just to be edible. He said they're allowed in "Crossfit Paleo"... whatever... anyhow, I hope we're going some place where I can get a juicy steak and some steamed veggies.

I can't wait til this month is over so I can have cream cheese again. I miss my cream cheese pancakes! If it doesn't hurry up, I might be tempted to pull the rug out from under this whole 30 and go my separate ways. It's been a great experience and it's been very beneficial at helping boost my weight loss, but I miss dairy and white potatoes.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

collegeprimalgirl is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    My copy of "It Starts With Food" arrived by UPS about 2 hours ago. Gotta love Amazon. I ordered it less than 48 hours ago, Tuesday evening. Arrives Thursday before supper - wow! Now that the ribeye is inside me (well, to be honest, only about half of it - I couldn't finish it), I'm starting to read. So far so good.
    My copy of the book comes soon I hope! Can't wait to start reading it!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, everyone.. Yes, the book is so great and easy to understand, and it's not a subject that is "easy"', IMO.

You guys have been so good about the dairy. I just couldn't give up cream, I don't use much but I felt like I would fail if I had to drink black coffee and I haven't brought myself to the point of butter in coffee yet.

I want to lose 10 more lbs by labor day, I think I can do it by staying primal but watching the carbs along the way. I am so convinced it's the healthy fats Whole 30 folks and Mark wrote about that made it possible to stay with this program. I'll never go back to grains and sugar. I don't miss the bread anymore and fruits that are so wonderful have taken sugar's place.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    I want to lose 10 more lbs by labor day, I think I can do it by staying primal but watching the carbs along the way. I am so convinced it's the healthy fats Whole 30 folks and Mark wrote about that made it possible to stay with this program. I'll never go back to grains and sugar. I don't miss the bread anymore and fruits that are so wonderful have taken sugar's place.
    i was just considering yesterday what it is about this program that has kept me from straying. Normally I last something like 3 or 4 weeks then I give up on something and try something else - or I don't see the results I expect and give up - or I let my weekends derail me no matter how hard I try to be "good". For some reason, this method has not resulted in any of that. My weekends have been just as perfect as my weekdays. I've lost a shit-ton of weight (24 lbs) and I've NEVER lost anything more than 12 lbs on ANY program.

I don't know what it is that's working so well for me, but it is and I love it so I'm sticking to it.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Day 22 of the June Whole30, Day 54 of the whole thing. Weight continues to drop, I continue to cruise along without cravings. I just got home from an Italian themed dinner party (pasta, lasagna, pizza from an outdoor brick oven - you get the idea). I had eaten before going over, we missed the main course eating time because of soccer practice, and so I was able to avoid eating anything. I took a bottle of my home-made iced tea over and had about 2 oz wine, then switched to only the iced tea. The only food I ate was fresh fruit chunks. It went really well.

For me, it's all about the fats. The diet is so satiating with the high fat content. For lunch today, I had leftover ribeye steak, probably about 2-3 oz, cold, sliced into thin ribbons and each slice dipped into garlic mayo. Other than that, I ate a few radishes and a few raw, unsweetened strawberries. And I was full and satisfied for almost 5 hours. That's almost magical in my experience. For supper, I had 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced in half and spread with goose liver pate (gotta find other options than crackers, right?). They were high-fat and delicious. And held me through that whole Italian dinner party thing.

LeaB is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You are an inspiration Marthat! 54 days and cruising along is really a statement to how this is a great lifestyle (versus the dreaded diet), and proves it is sustainable.
    I too am completely amazed even after a long time of eating paleo and really not having sugar cravings anymore. It is amazing because everyone knew I had a 'sweet tooth' my whole life. I never had a dessert that was 'too rich' or 'too sweet' I really couldn't understand what people were talking about! But NOW I feel that way. truly weird. but I love it. I love the freedom!
    And it is also really interesting that hunger itself feels different. The processed food hunger made me crabby, now I just feels different and I can acknowledge it and say 'ok, I have to take care of fueling my body when I get a chance' not 'WHERES THE SNACKS???!!!!'
    LOL
    Anyway really enjoying this journey much more than I thought I would, but I do truly miss the cream in my coffee. bullet proof is ok with coconut oil and ghee, but I still prefer a good dose of cream. Wondering if I will gain when I re introduce it??? I can't imagine living without it long term.

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast