Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 46

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh.. Hand me my rifle.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Yow. I hope you get rid of that cough ASAP, Jenn. And again, sympathy on the cracked rib. But HUZZAH on the weight loss!

Everyone's doing so well -- rock on!

I'm feeling significantly better mentally/emotionally. I'm going to continue with the relaxed eating -- having rice and, when the mood strikes, Ezekiel bread -- but will begin dialing back the junky stuff (ice cream, nom) in the next day or two. Will also get back onto a workout schedule; I think I did much better in many ways when I was exercising regularly. By yesterday evening, I was feeling almost manic by the time my tae kwon do class rolled around. I used to be on medication for bipolar disorder (Zoloft, many moons ago), and I have to wonder if I've gone back to that manic/depressive place. Talk therapy is still very much on the table; I have a feeling I'll be following up on that this week. I'd like to avoid medication if possible.

Anyway, baby steps. Still aiming for 80% primal.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Dr prescribed Tramadol for me last night for rib pain. On the plus side, the rib pain is gone. On the down side, I have felt nauseated all day long and finally gave in and got a 7UP. Little sips seemed to help a bit, but not for long. Found myself in the bathroom a bit ago voiding my stomach. At least now the nausea is gone. I need to take my antibiotic again (not convinced that this didn't have something to do with the upset stomach, but a majority of the stomach upset came after the Tramadol) but the thought of food right now is anything but appealing. It says I can take it with or without food, but the pharmacist said it may cause upset stomach and to take it with food. Too bad they didn't say the same about the Tramadol.

I'm so fed up and frustrated with this cough. I give up. I quit. I'm done. Pack up your things and go away b/c I'm done playing with you, Cough.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Most delish omelet this morning: browned in ghee, onions, red pepper, broc, squash, added 2 org eggs, cooked, omg, so good.
    Lunch was 4 chicken strips sautéed in ghee and orange juice & zest, boiled cabbage & Tom/cuke/arugula salad w/sauce from pan.
    Dinner was hamburger patty on grill, 1/2 sw. Pot & broc. Lots of water, 1 green tea, went swimming & did treadmill 4 miles total.
    Everyone commenting on my weight loss so I turn them on to IT STARTS WITH FOOD. Looking forward to beach trip coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    IT STARTS WITH FOOD
    Agreed!!

Day 20 was a flop since I was so sick. I will not be taking the Tramadol again. Yesterday was a nightmare!

The only thing I kept down yesterday was 3 pudding packs. I know, I know... but when you can't keep anything else down, what are you supposed to do? I tried bone broth but that was repulsive to me for whatever reason.

Day 21 is starting with grapes. We'll see if I can keep them down today.

Scale read 196 but given yesterday was an unplanned, inadvertent 24 hour fast, I won't claim the weight unless it is still there tomorrow. Hoping today is a better day! Stomach is still queasy but nothing like yesterday.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    21 days! I had some white rice this week - my son made nori rolls w/ avocado, carrots and smoked salmon. and rice. I only had 2-3, but hard to turn down! Most of the things he cooks are not primal, so its nice for me to be able to eat something he made.
    and it was good!
    dont think I lost any weight, I have some odd congestion in my ear, but otherwise this is going well. Today is the first day I didnt think about eating chocolate. Maybe its partly the 90+ degrees outside! I mostly feel really good!

Day 21 is almost over. I'm so happy with my progress. For S&G, I measured my bicep b/c a shirt I'm wearing today has room in the sleeves and I don't ever remember that before. I think my bicep is down an inch. Can't say for sure b/c my notebook is at home... I also measured my thigh and think it's down an inch too. will check when I find my notebook.

Tonight, I'm going to make myself some salmon over a bed of cabbage. DH is normally home alone with the kids on Thursday nights so he'll be making them a boxed pizza thing. At least he'll use real meat (deer burger). I won't be partaking. Salmon sounds MUCH better to me.

Lunch was Hormel Natural Choice peppered turkey, some cucumber slices and some almonds.
    Breakfast was almost 2 sausage links and a bunch of grapes and vitamins.

Tummy is much happier today, but feeling a bit hungover like it's still not quite 100%. Hopefully tomorrow, but the Snak Paks I ate yesterday "may contain wheat" and must b/c they ravaged my gut today. Might could be down another lb simply for that. Will see and will likely observe the weight but not count it til it sticks after a day of re-feed on Primal goodies.

I hope all are having a good day. I'm feeling pretty good, despite the slight icky feeling in the tummy.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Today, when I walked out of work, I started 17 days of holidays. And my son finished his high school year today, too. I picked him up after school to save him having to take the bus (he hates the bus) and we stopped by the local butcher shop to pick ourselves a special supper. Settled on ribeye steaks. They will be going on the BBQ in the next half-hour - YUMMY! Tomato salad on the side - life is good!!!

CaveCanem is offline Member

Reporting from the road

My son and I are 150 miles from Phoenix on the way to his tournament. I decided to put the whole thirty on hold for this week and shoot for being as primal as possible. As I said before, traveling seems to trigger a what happens in Vegas type response in regard to food. So if you all don't mind, I am showing up here for some accountability.

Breakfast went super. We ate at this great little diner and I had the best omelet ever. The waitress even brought me a salad instead of the hash browns and toast. In the car I have cherries from a roadside stand, nuts and jerky. The jerky is gluten free, but other than that it's crap. I had just a small piece to keep me going on the road. Also, I had some dark chocolate this morning while driving. I have never driven so far solo and need to keep myself alert.

We stopped for a late lunch/early dinner at Sizzler. I did really well. Instead of ordering of the lunch menu and getting a small steak with salad bar, I got a big dinner steak with no salad bar. Who knows why could go wrong if I am allowed near all the crap up there! This was a know thyself moment. I KNOW I was better off with a baked potato.

I would say that given the circumstances I did great today. The plan for the rest of the day is to make a protein shake in the hotel room if I get hungry before bedtime.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Great strategies, CaveCanem! You've got this travelling thing nailed!!

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast