Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 43

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    drink seltzer with lime wedge - it looks cool, but no one has to know it's alcohol-free. sip it, so you always have it in hand if someone offers you another drink: you already have one.

LeaB is offline Member
    But I LIKE to drink, the pressure is from myself I guess, not others. I have successfully done what you said sometimes but most times I want a drink. I have given up beer (sigh, my FAVORITE) but can't seem to give up the rest of it. boy, that sounds like I have a bigger problem doesn't it? hmm.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    but a mini fridge and a microwave don't make a kitchen.

you can make hard-boiled eggs in the micro. you can bring or get a few bowls for making salads and veggies. canned fish works well, since it stays fresh until you open it. maybe find or make beef jerky to take along, and go shopping for fresh foods when you arrive. bring a can opener, too!
    ^THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    In the meantime,husband is majorly jealous of my whole30. He stays primal as much as he can in Afghanistan. I give him a ton of credit! I don't think it's nearly as hard for me as it is for him. I just think of that when I'm hurting!!!
    I would agree that your husband has it way harder than you in regard to remaining primal. He can't go shopping and select his own foods - he's fed what the Army feeds him, and from experience, while it's better than some options, it's certainly not primal! I feel for him - both b/c he's overseas away from family in a danger zone, but also b/c he cannot easily feed his body the way he wants to. Kudos to him for even attempting!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

The weekend is behind us! What amazes me is that in the past, I would struggle with weekends. I'd do amazingly well during the week and then totally fall off the wagon on the weekends and run to catch up come Monday and finally catch up come Wednesday, only to fall off again come Friday.

This hasn't happened but maybe 2 times since switching to the Primal Blueprint March 5... It has happened once since doing the Whole30. Lost my bearings, ate cupcakes, cookies and boneless buffalo wings. Paid the price too. Oy, was it bad.

I love how easy it is to remain on track with this lifestyle. It's so easy!

Today, the scale read 198. That's a 2 lb loss over the weekend alone. In my history, I would typically gain 2-3 lbs every weekend and spend most of the week losing them again. Not anymore. Now I can officially say that I LOSE WEIGHT over the weekend.

I love it! I may actually keep my whole30 going into July. Haven't decided yet. I do miss my cheese.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    The weekend is behind us! What amazes me is that in the past, I would struggle with weekends. I'd do amazingly well during the week and then totally fall off the wagon on the weekends and run to catch up come Monday and finally catch up come Wednesday, only to fall off again come Friday.

This hasn't happened but maybe 2 times since switching to the Primal Blueprint March 5... It has happened once since doing the Whole30. Lost my bearings, ate cupcakes, cookies and boneless buffalo wings. Paid the price too. Oy, was it bad.

I love how easy it is to remain on track with this lifestyle. It's so easy!

Today, the scale read 198. That's a 2 lb loss over the weekend alone. In my history, I would typically gain 2-3 lbs every weekend and spend most of the week losing them again. Not anymore. Now I can officially say that I LOSE WEIGHT over the weekend.

I love it! I may actually keep my whole30 going into July. Haven't decided yet. I do miss my cheese.
    This is awesome! Great job!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Had to stop by a friend's house and she was pissed that I wouldn't eat chocolate pie.
    People do get pissy, don't they, when you don't eat their sugary treats! But good for you for sticking to what's working for you!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

islandwahine is offline Member
    Had a horrible weekend...the antibiotics I'm taking makes me nauseous. I tried to eat whole30 but after not being able to hold anything down my hubby bought me crackers and ginger ale...after feeling better I began to eat whole30 again but it didn't last...I feel terrible but I know that I will need to finish out my antibiotics before I can continue back on whole30...In the mean time I will be doing 80/20 as much a possible...I hate to undue the good I've done...

Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    Had a horrible weekend...the antibiotics I'm taking makes me nauseous. I tried to eat whole30 but after not being able to hold anything down my hubby bought me crackers and ginger ale...after feeling better I began to eat whole30 again but it didn't last...I feel terrible but I know that I will need to finish out my antibiotics before I can continue back on whole30...In the mean time I will be doing 80/20 as much a possible...I hate to undue the good I've done...
    What about bone broth? or soup made with bone broth? Broth is soothing to an upset tummy just as much as crackers and ginger ale, which allowing you to remain Whole30.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    drink seltzer with lime wedge - it looks cool, but no one has to know it's alcohol-free. sip it, so you always have it in hand if someone offers you another drink: you already have one.

This!!!! Did this last weekend! No one questioned me... Worked like a charm!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    wow, u guys could be in my head.. I feel the same about drinking alcohol, I absolutely lovedddd it, all kinds, but couldn't stop at 2 like most people, I wanted 5, too.. heehee So I finally gave it up completely. Also the weekend problem.. I had no worries sticking to any kind of diet during the work week, but let the weekend come and all hell was let loose. It was like work was over so let's party.. so I'd eff up any good I'd done watching every calorie/carb during the week.. so depressing come monday morning, plus most of the time I'd feel physically ill.

This whole 30 is so awesome, it's gotta be the fat that I used to watch so carefully, also the fruit allowed that atkins and low carbers always frown on, but the weight is coming off.. I haven't weighed but I know what pants I can zip now so I'm sure since reading Mark's book, starting the very next day, end of April, I've lost probably 18, maybe even 20 lbs. I'm doing Whole 30 again in July and going exactly by the book, which I loveee and highly recommend. By labor day I'd like to be at ideal weight, 145, the number my strict doctor told me to be, well, she said 150ish but 145 sounds better I'm 5'9" and always thought I was 'big boned' but she put her fingers around my wrist and said, no, you're 'average boned'.

Have got my swimming in today and did 2 miles on TM, will do 2 more at 8pm, makes me sleep greattt. Exercise is really helping me stay in a good mood and helping me stick with it. I think I'd feel deprived and would reach for one of those frozen dove bars in the freezer, instead I just reach for more frickin' water

Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast