Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 41

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We were out for most of the day but I stayed with the plan. Had eggs and uncured bacon before we left the house, DH went thru fast food for 'country breakfast', we hit the farmer's mkts and a pick your own organic farm which was fabulous! I bought everything under the sun except for the peas, white potatoes, etc.. but got some beautiful berries, cantaloupe, watermelon, vidalia onions, squash, and hubby picked out some jelly for his toast, of course, and his PB&J's.

Lunch was a stop at a very nice steak house which offered grass fed beef, I chose an organic salad greens with steak and I mixed up some butter and lemon juice for a dressing. Rolls, of course, were the first thing put on the table and they didn't bother me at all. Amazing. Had to stop by a friend's house and she was pissed that I wouldn't eat chocolate pie. Tonite we had leftover chicken, DH had baked beans and mashed potatoes, I had squash and onions and spinach, my 2 fave go-to sides. Drank unsweetened tea at lunch, loads of filtered water after getting home.

Took forever picking up a storm door we had ordered at Home Depot, head didn't know what the tail was doing, normally I'd be so ticked off at that but I was actually pretty calm, DH said he was impressed that I didn't go over the counter after this dopey woman. Several days now that I haven't reached for any snacks. I have macadamias and olives ready but haven't needed them.
    Only exercise was 35 mins in pool tonite, no time at home for treadmill but I'll do it after black coffee in the AM.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Better day today; still had moments of utter bleakness, but I was able to distract myself/pull myself out of it.

Day 16

B - coffee w/CM, 3 eggs scrambled in ghee, 3 strips uncured bacon, water
    skipped lunch (late breakfast, then ran errands)
    snack - apple
    D - out to eat! 10 oz sirloin (well, about 8 of the 10) w/some sort of butter sauce, steamed broccoli, mixed veggies w/some sort of cajun spice mix, black tea, water
    dessert - homemade kale chips w/olive oil and salt, 12 farmers market strawberries, nom!

WOD - biking w/the family - to and from farmers market, and then an additional 6 miles to/from elementary school to ride up and down hills and scream our lungs out.

Vitamins - D3, B12, fish oil/omega 3

Tomorrow I'll start taking the folic acid supplement, and tomorrow night I'll take my magnesium supplement, along with the D3, B12 and fish oil.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Better day today; still had moments of utter bleakness, but I was able to distract myself/pull myself out of it.

Tomorrow I'll start taking the folic acid supplement, and tomorrow night I'll take my magnesium supplement, along with the D3, B12 and fish oil.
    Wishing you inner sunshine in your dark corners, Jackie. All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Wishing you inner sunshine in your dark corners, Jackie. All the best!
    Thanks, marthat. I really appreciate it.

CaveCanem is offline Member

Travel tips?

I am going to need some ideas. So far i have done really great with the whole 30, but starting Wednesday I am driving to Arizona for my son's baseball tournament. I have always been so bad around food in the pat while traveling. Sort of a what happens in Vegas type of problem.

It would really help if there was a palatable protein powder I could use. I know it's not primal, but neither is the hotel restaurant. Also, the food is really expensive. 13 dollars for the breakfast bar, ouch! We will have a mini fridge but no micro. I am planning to call the hotel tomorrow to ask for a microwave in the room, but a mini fridge and a microwave don't make a kitchen. I hope there is a grocery near by, if there is I can buy a couple precooked chickens at a time and nuke some sweet potatoes to go with the chicken.

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    You could order Mark's primal fuel...overnight!

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    but a mini fridge and a microwave don't make a kitchen.

you can make hard-boiled eggs in the micro. you can bring or get a few bowls for making salads and veggies. canned fish works well, since it stays fresh until you open it. maybe find or make beef jerky to take along, and go shopping for fresh foods when you arrive. bring a can opener, too!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 17: B: 3 slices bacon, 3 small eggs (friends have a new young flock, eggs are still kinda small, but deep yummy goldy-orange yolks), spinach sauteed in bacon fat. Coffee with CM. L: BAS with chopped chicken breast (commercially roasted bird), avocado, olive oil. Fresh local strawberries. p.m. snack: a hardboiled egg. S: Beef Short Ribs in the crock pot, Mediterranean style with red wine, stewed tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, herbs. Absolutely amazing taste and texture - my new favourite food, I think. And green beans with ghee.

Recovery day after the all day marathon church conference yesterday. Unmotivated to be too energetic about anything. Back to work and the regular routine tomorrow. Four more work days then I'm on 2 1/2 weeks of holidays - can't wait! I will break the Whole30 on Canada Day, July 1, with a party at a friend's house (where they are doing pork roasts and smoked turkey, so lots of good meat available, anyways), then my birthday 2 days later and my anniversary 3 days after that. And a weekend motorcycle trip with three other couples. It will be a whole week of "occasions" that will test my resolve to pretty much stay true to this way of eating.

CaveCanem, while traveling, I would try to be Whole 30 but would default to primal if needed. Stress doesn't help -- actually, it hurts -- so I would just do my best and shrug if it wasn't possible. But I may not be the best person to give advice.

marthat, I hope you enjoyed your recovery day! Sounds like you've got a lot of wonderful things to celebrate in the near future -- very cool!

Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast