Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 40

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Tonight I'm having some serious sugar cravings. I almost ate some fruit snacks and almost reached for the marshmallows. i ate an orange instead. It was a not-so-tasty orange. It was dry and not very sweet. But I think it was enough. I'm ok right now.

Day 15 has been a success.

B:
    4 sausage links
    1 egg
    vitamins

L:
    pkg hormel natural choice turkey breast
    1/2 green pepper
    almonds

D:
    2 chicken legs with skin
    beet sauteed in coconut oil
    field greens with ranch dressing (sorry)

S:
    2 serving can of pineapple (shared with my daughter)
    orange

Movement: walk with work friend
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Jackie, I hope you're feeling better today. Be sure you're getting enough folic acid. My neighbor told me her psych. told her to add saffron to foods and it really helped her.

I spent the day yesterday mostly reading Whole 30 (IT STARTS WITH FOOD) and making notes. As soon as DH drags himself out of bed, we're going to a you pick em org farm. I did get in a little housework, swam and walked on treadmill. Exercise will put me in a great mood, I think because I'm proud of myself and it does give my brain a fresh dose of oxygen.

Day 15 I ate eggs and uncured bacon, BAS with tuna for lunch and a huge grilled chicken breast, 1/2 sw. Pot, and spinach sautéed in ghee and parm cheese sprinkled on top.. So delicious. I'm giving up snacks because the delightful couple who wrote Whole 30 says to eat until you're full 3x daily, and if you're hungry in between it means you didn't eat enough at last meal. I drink a glass of filtered water when I start thinking snacks and it really gets me thru.

I can't stress enough how great their book is and how it makes you want to stay strong. I told DH last night as he was asking me to turn off the light, "this book is feeding my willpower"'.. he answered, "you are so dramatic". heehee

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Jackie, I hope you're feeling better today. Be sure you're getting enough folic acid. My neighbor told me her psych. told her to add saffron to foods and it really helped her.
    This. One of the drugs I was taking is Deplin, which is a megadose of Folate, but it's a folate that's already in the form that the brain uses. It helped significantly and very quickly.

The brochure I read though says that most people can't get enough folate from their diets or from supplements b/c their bodies are inefficient at changing it from folic acid (which is man-made) into the form of folate it needs to function properly.

Maybe instead of talking to your doctor about drugs, you can ask her about this supplement. It comes in doses of 7.5 mg and 15 mg. Ask your pharmacy for the generic form (l-methylfolate) because it's REALLY expensive in brand name form.

Scale was very friendly today! Broke out of the 200's into the 100's! 199 this morning! I haven't seen that number in 2 years!

I *heart* Primal and the Whole30!!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate the support and the advice. I'll get better about taking my omega 3s and my D3, and I'll add a B complex (as long as it has B12 and folic acid). I didn't break Whole 30 yesterday, so that's good. I'm going to stay away from nuts starting today. Went nuts on the nuts yesterday.

Day 15
    B - Black coffee, apple, macadamias, leftover homemade tuna salad w/paleo mayo, celery, carrot, onion
    Apple, water
    L - Take in! Thai restaurant - ga pow pai over rice, but without the rice: shredded chicken with thai chili w/string beans, red pepper, onion, in some sort of sauce that I'm sure isn't Whole 30, but at least I didn't have the rice, water
    Macadamias, water
    D - leftover homemade beef stir fry (definitely Whole 30 approved - coconut aminos and everything), water, macadamias
    dessert - apple, macadamias, water

No exercise; no vitamins

Okay, today is another day and all that jazz. Sipping coffee w/CM right now; about to make breakfast.

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    FYI folate and folic acid are different. I don't know too much about them, but just note, they're not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1217 View Post
    FYI folate and folic acid are different. I don't know too much about them, but just note, they're not the same.
    Noted - thanks! My B12 doesn't have folic acid, so when I run errands in a bit, I'll stop by the vitamin store. Thanks again, everyone.

CaveCanem is offline Member
    For those dealing with depression, anxiety and other similiar issues you might want to do some research on pyroluria. I was diagnosed with this disorder a few years back and it changed my life. It's a very straight forward urine test, but one you have to do research on to find a lab. Basically, I went from being house bound to normal just from taking the nutrients that were missing. In a nut shell, the disorder is caused by problems with hemoglobin production. Everyone makes a byproduct called pyrrole, some people make a lot of it. I don't remember the exact mechanism, but I do know that all that extra pyrrole running around binds up zinc and B6, both of which you need to make your brain work. My recovery took time, and the need for extra zinc and B6 is permanent, but it was worth figuring out. I went to Julia Ross's clinic here in California, but you can buy her book, The Mood Cure. She saved my life!

Thanks, CaveCanem! I'll look into pyroluria and The Mood Cure.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 16: Oh, my, what a day! An all day national teleconference for our church. about 90 people all day, from late morning to mid evening. And I was in charge of all the food. Spent all day keeping the food table supplied with sandwiches, fruit, veggies, chips, pickles, sweets and squares, beverages, coffee, tea, Because it was over 3 time zones, there were no meal breaks, so the food stayed out all day. I handled all the squares (must have been twenty varieties, including old favourites) and all the chips, all the sandwiches. I was totally compliant, happy to say! I took my own food (salmon salad leftover from my sandwich loaf contribution, mini cukes, radishes, and two chicken thighs cooked in ghee for supper. Nibbled at the veggie tray (no dip) all afternoon - green beans, cuke slices, grape tomatos, cauliflower, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if weight is up just based having eaten all day.

New low weight again this morning of 143.5.

Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast