Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 4

grace2985 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Most definitely in!!

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in! No butter? *tear* I guess I'll survive.

silverfox is offline Junior Member
    I'm in as well. I've been wanting to do a challenge like this for awhile. The last month I was mostly sugar free, but I'm still struggling with it. The only modification I'm making is I am not going to eliminate dairy. I had to take antibiotics for a nasty bronchitis infection recently so I'm going through a period of eating yogurt. On the plus side it's homemade grass-fed and unsweetened. The other modification I will be making to the program is cutting out coffee. My coffee consumption has been gradually creeping up and today I got a headache when I didn't have a cup... I'd rather not be addicted to the stuff. Supper excited to see what I'll get out of this.

homunculus is offline Member
    I'd love to join!
    I've been trying to start this for the past 10 days but keep messing up, but hopefully a group will help me feel motivated c:
    “There is immeasurably more left inside than what comes out in words…”
    — Fyodor Dostoevsky

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I'm in

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by homunculus View Post
    I'd love to join!
    I've been trying to start this for the past 10 days but keep messing up, but hopefully a group will help me feel motivated c:
    Me too - scared to make the commitment because I am completely weak willed! but I started today with the full intention of lasting 30 days. Will have to make some long term plans though - we have a street party for the Queens Jubilee - what the hell am I supposed to eat there? it will be traditional triangle sandwiches and lovely cakes I'll have to sit eating salad - thats when it becomes hard...
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    Great idea - I'm in

Excellent timing as I was planning to start Primal again 1st of June anyway

6 month count down to Costa Rica - and I really don't want to feel squished into a minibus seat.
    1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
    Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveCanem View Post
    The hardest part for me will be the no red wine or dark chocolate. Worth it, but still a bigger challenge than I care to admit.
    Same exact situation for me! I am pretty strict in general, but my 77% cacao dark chocolate is the only added sugar in my diet and I eat a little (or sometimes not so little) square every evening with absolutely zero guilt. It sucks to give it up, but it's only for 30 days.

As for the red wine, after the last time I attempted a whole 30, I realized that red wine, though I love it dearly, makes me feel absolutely horrible the next day, even if I only have a glass. In fact, the stricter I am with my diet, the worse red wine makes me feel. This is one of the most depressing realizations that I have come to, but, alas, for me it's true.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    The June Whole 30 kicks off tomorrow! Remember to go food shopping if you haven't yet and stock up on veggies and meat/poultry/fish, etc.

Also, because Whole 30 strongly advocates not weighing/measuring yourself until after the program is done, you may want to get your numbers today. (I just did, and I'm sort of sad. But I'm getting ready for a month of eating clean and being dairy free!)

What are your Whole 30 goals?

Mine are: more energy, better outlook, and less weight/lose some fat from hips/bottom/thighs/waist.

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by TCates190 View Post
    I'm in! No butter? *tear* I guess I'll survive.
    You can have ghee (clarified butter)! It's butter with all the water and milk solids removed. It is delicious and better to cook with than regular butter, because it has a higher smoke point. In earlier versions of the whole 30, they said no butter, but they recently updated it to include ghee as it does not contain any of the irritants that regular butter contains (albeit in very small amounts).

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast