Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 38

LeaB is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    it is amazing but a few days with NO snacks (which were mostly dates and nuts) and I have started to see the signs! I find it amazing because I don't feel I was eating THAT much extra and removing the snacks is ok, not too difficult. and I am 2 pounds down. You might say that it is because I finally got that far but I can 'feel' it being different, if that makes sense. I have been eating paleo for a long time and not losing weight, (and whining about it), but I guess it is all in the 'tweaking' I have just been tweaking the wrong things! ha.
    well, so I ate out last night, completely successfully (no alcohol) felt like I ate past fullness a bit though, but not too bad.
    feeling great!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Girls, (and any guys, of course)
    The book IT STARTS WITH FOOD, Discover the Whole30 and Change your Life in unexpected Ways, by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig came yesterday and I was up to 1am reading. We got home after a party and I thought I'd read a chapter or 2, omg, it is so good, I couldn't stop reading. They make it all so easy to understand, even the science-y stuff is fun. I highly recommend it.

I still love Mark's book, Nora G is great even tho I felt like I was studying, but this one is simple enough to really grasp a very complex subject. I am reading this stuff to DH tonite if I have to duct tape him to a chair.

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    So I fell off the wagon Monday - Today is day 4... I hate starting over. Maybe i should stop cheating then...

Anyway, omlette with bacon, broccoli, and tomatoes for breakfast with a tiny square of 90% dark chocolate because I was having a craving. Going to try and wait until dinner to eat again, going to cook burgers by the pool with friends! Hope everyone else is holding strong and feeling good
    It is always too early to quit.
    Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
    http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c_bolton12 View Post
    So I fell off the wagon Monday - Today is day 4... I hate starting over. Maybe i should stop cheating then...

Anyway, omlette with bacon, broccoli, and tomatoes for breakfast with a tiny square of 90% dark chocolate because I was having a craving. Going to try and wait until dinner to eat again, going to cook burgers by the pool with friends! Hope everyone else is holding strong and feeling good
    Why are you starting over? Just pick back up where you left off. You only have to start over if you quit...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Day 14 was a success. I was supposed to have class last night but my professor cancelled for a family emergency, so I got to bed at a decent time.

B:
    3 sausage links
    1 boiled egg
    vitamins

L:
    2 brats
    1/2 cup sauerkraut
    1/4 sweet potato cooked in CO

D:
    2 slices watermelon
    about 10 chuncks of pineapple
    almonds

Bed at 10:30.

Movement: walking with Work Friend. Cut short b/c she got a blister b/c she wears goofy shoes.

Today is Day 15. I am officially down 6 lbs which was my goal for the whole month. Next week I will fall below 200 lbs and I cannot wait!

c_bolton12 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Why are you starting over? Just pick back up where you left off. You only have to start over if you quit...
    Have to start over if I want to complete a full Whole30, which is what I am trying to do. Normally I just do 80/20 and don't worry about it but it has been a while and I want to do a 30 day "clean" Paleo again.
    It is always too early to quit.
    Went primal- 02/25/12, height: 5'6", starting weight: 143.0, current weight: 133.8

"Doubt never stops. Neither do you."- Prove People Wrong.
    http://www.provepeoplewrong.com/

Oh. I got ya now. I had two days where I did poorly, but I didn't want to start over. This is my first Whole 30, and I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments so far despite the slip up.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Two weeks down...no chocolate. Yey me! Have been going up & down the same 2 pounds, so I guess I havent lost any real weight. But I freaked out my doctor when I told him I eat more than a dozen eggs/wk, and meat everyday! I told him I am off gluten to see if it will help some things (specifically, I want to "cure" my vitiligo) and he goes on about some carbs, especially brown rice and whole wheat (the whole grain BS speech) are better than white, and are needed....didnt he just hear me say I am off GLUTEN? Man, I just nodded and looked at him. I didnt want to waste time with it, he was clearly not listening to my valid points: too many carbs, hydrogenated fats and sugar is killing people. I told him that is what I believe. But I am staying low carb, primal (more paleo w/out the little cream and butter I was having). And gluten free.
    Oh, and because I dont eat dairy, he tells me to make sure and continue my calcium pills. At that point, I didnt feel like launching into the Bone broth, leafy greens, canned salmon bones thing...but I take some supplements anyway. So everyone is happy.Sorry for the rant..
    Good luck on the rest of the Whole 30 everyone!!
    Last edited by HopelessDreamer; 06-15-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    snipped
    Doctors can be so annoying sometimes! I got lucky. Mine is paleo, as are my two chiropractors, so I have a ton of medical support. It's too bad more doctors wouldn't read into Paleo and Primal and see what it's all about before telling us it's bad for us b/c obviously what they've been telling us to do all these years isn't working.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So cool that you have paleo doctors and chiros! Kind of jealous actually!

I've been hitting the gym pretty hard w Crossfit workouts the last few weeks, so I think this is attributing to the fact that I want to eat anything that isn't nailed down! I read on the Whole30 blogs (which are amazing, check them out if you haven't already), that after 2 wks on the whole30 you'll have boundless energy and feel amazing in the gym.... Today I felt great after a truly grueling workout. I didn't want to overdo it but wow! Love how I'm feeling lately.

Hope you guys have gotten over the hump as well

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast