Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 37

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    This may/may not be related, but I have found that libido has skyrocketed on the whole 30 - seriously I have never felt so horny I wonder if it is a normalisation of hormones? Giving up the milk seems to be sorting my skin and I know milk is chock full of hormones maybe they have been masking your bodies true levels?
    Hmm. Could be! Maybe I need another Whole 30 to see if it gets all sorted out. Hmm. Whole 30 part deux -- which would allow red wine once in a while?

Day 14!!!

B - Black coffee; 3 eggs scrambled in bacon fat w/onions and garlic; 3 strips of uncured bacon; water

Out to eat! Meeting w/my boss at a coffee shop: Coffee w/shot of vanilla (ugh!!! I thought it would just be flavored coffee! My bad. And way too sweet!)

L - Out to eat! Salad of lettuce, cucumber, grape tomato, freshly ground black pepper, and 3 jumbo grilled shrimp; mucho water. Easy enough to pass on the bread basket, and staying paleo for lunch was a snap -- salads are our friends! (Plus the shrimp was warm, which was nice.)

small apple w/almond butter; handful of macadamias

D - 2/3 can of wild planet albacore tuna w/homemade mayo (last of the batch), spicy brown mustard, celery, onion, carrot, dill and black pepper; water; spring mix of lettuces

dessert - strawberries and banana w/CM; water; macadamias

WOD - 30 min stationary bike (moving slowly); TKD class

Vitamins - 2 omega 3s, 1 D3, 3 magnesium/calcium combo

Much better today overall, but cramps still lingered. Had a headache on and off today; resorted to Advil before TKD class. Maybe I need more water throughout the day.

Separately, I'm dying to make the grilled eggs and chorizo recipe that Mark posted on Saturday. Where the heck can I get the dried chilies??? Does anyone know? My supermarkets don't seem to have them.
    Last edited by dragonjax; 06-14-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Look at that: spam, apparently, is primal.

islandwahine is offline Member
    Day 14
    B-3 eggs & bacon
    S-2 small banana's with cinnamon & carrot sticks
    D-Laulau & Green apple

Mood = blah....just one of those days
    WOD- just washing and polishing my car...took the kids to the pool but didn't get it.

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Apparently you have created a flood of women going to that site b/c according to my computer the site is too busy for me to view... lol
    I wonder if she will notice the bump in traffic?

Today's the halfway point!!! How's everyone doing?

Mood-wise, I'm better. TOM cramping has passed (huzzah!). My energy is still dicey, but that could be to poor sleep, and yesterday I was hit with headaches -- which could be part of the low-carb flu, I suppose. I'm down two pounds and a half inch on both my waist and hips. (Yeah, I know, we're not supposed to measure/weigh. Shhh.) Considering that I'm doing this to get used to eating paleo (and primal) and not yet for the goal of losing weight, I'm pretty happy about this. I'm pretty sure once I rein in my fruits and nuts, I'll get back down to a more comfortable weight. (I want to lose 11 pounds. They are very difficult pounds to lose. I think they're co-dependent!)

Realistically, I won't sleep well until my almost 19-year-old cat is no longer with us. She gets very loud starting around 5. Whenever I keep her in my home office overnight (with her litterbox, food and water, and the chair that she sleeps on), she destroys it. Pees all over, craps outside of the box. It's tough. I love my cat, but man, I will sleep like a saint when she has moved on.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 14: B - 2 small slices bacon and 2 large eggs, sauted spinach, coffee with CM. L: BAS with avocado and leftover baked fish. Tea, fresh strawberries, 2 apricots. S: Ground beef stir-fry hash with zucchini, cauliflower, red pepper, cabbage. Greek salad, minus the feta. Eve: tea and 2 slices German salami. Great day, hit a new low weight - 144.0 lbs. And weight has remained at 144.0 this morning, too. I am still hoping to be into the 130's by my birthday in 2 1/2 weeks - that has been my long-range goal. I plan to stay with pretty much 100% Whole30 until Canada Day.

I'm off to my first day of looking after the neighbour's chickens, who are communal chickens. Three households sharing the care (and the eggs) from our little flock of 14 girls. They will start laying about August, apparently. Can't wait!

I am almost out of my raw macadamias. I think this is a sign from Up On High. Once I'm out, I won't replenish my stash. Let's see what happens over the second half of Whole 30 when I don't have nuts. (That will be including nut butter -- every time I have almond butter with my apples, it's good, but I keep thinking to myself, "That looks like stuff that comes out of a baby's rear end.")

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Damn, fell off the wagon hard yesterday. Am I disqualified?
    Today for breakfast:
    1 Moroccan lamb sausage,
    Some green pepper,
    Some mushrooms,
    3 eggs,
    Fried in coconut oil! (I'm a little hesitant on coconut oil. I like coconut but I see it as a sweet flavor, not savory and am unsure how it will taste with meat. Its ok today but I prefer ghee or butter. )
    Tea.
    Last edited by Asmodeuskraemer; 06-15-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeuskraemer View Post
    Damn, fell off the wagon hard yesterday. Am I disqualified?
    Heh. Nope.

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast