Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 36

islandwahine is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Couldn't find unsweetened cranberry juice so I bought some cranberry pills and been drinking a ton of water. I'm feeling a little better but I'll know by tomorrow if I need to see the Dr. Anyways besides my UTI issues today was good.

B- 3 eggs & bacon
    S- carrot sticks
    No lunch
    D- Laulau (Hawaiian dish with pork, beef or both mine had both wrapped in luau which is taro leaf seasoned with Hawaiian salt and steamed) It was awesome!!! Had more carrot sticks

Did insanity pure cardio today it kicked my butt

collegeprimalgirl is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone just checking in glad everyone is doing so well!
    I have been doing okay on the Whole 30 I will have some good days then a normal 21 year old life takes over I was really beating myself up over my "cheats" until I realized that with the exception of alcohol if I cheat it is primal!
    Also been playing with some IF to see if I can drop some pesky weight and I will let you know how it goes.
    Keep up the good work everyone!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Day 13

B - 3 eggs scrambled in bacon fat, onions, garlic, 4 strips uncured bacon, bulletproof coffee, small apple
    L - leftover homemade tuna salad from yesterday, spring mix of lettuces w/sheet of nori, 1/2 bell pepper, water
    raw macadamias
    small apple
    D - 1 cup Wolfgang Puck's organic chicken broth, handful raw macadamias, water
    desert - blueberries and small banana w/CM

Vitamins - took calcium/magnesium supplement last night to help with cramps. Don't know if it helped. Meh.

WOD - None, other than 1 set of squats (bodyweight) and 2 sets of basic pullups (feet on the floor, not hanging deadweight)

Meh. This TOM has been hell. Wonder if it's because my fruit has been so high? Hmm. I need to scale back my fruit.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Day 13 was a success.

B: (10 am)
    3 sausage links
    1 boiled egg
    vitamins

L: (1 or 2 pm)
    Pkg Hormel Turkey breast
    apple

D: (7:30 pm)
    2 butcher made brats
    1/2 cup sauerkraut
    1/4 sweet potato pan fried in coconut oil

I should have looked at the ingredients on the brats. No MSG, but seemed to be a lot of other stuff I don't recognize as being food. This saddens me. I love brats but can't find any that are not loaded with shit.

Sinuses are still kicking my ass, despite the antibiotics, but the rib seems to be feeling a bit better. Took another vicodin before bed last night. Daughter got me up twice, though. But on the bright side, DS stayed in his own bed all night long, which is a treat so rarely enjoyed.

Day 14 should be swell.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Day 13
    Meh. This TOM has been hell. Wonder if it's because my fruit has been so high? Hmm. I need to scale back my fruit.
    This may/may not be related, but I have found that libido has skyrocketed on the whole 30 - seriously I have never felt so horny I wonder if it is a normalisation of hormones? Giving up the milk seems to be sorting my skin and I know milk is chock full of hormones maybe they have been masking your bodies true levels?
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

CaveCanem is offline Member

Paleo for women PLUS breakfast without eggs

Day 14 already!

I have decided to avoid eggs since I have a mild allergy to them. They were very hard to give up, but so far so good. We will see if it helps. Since dropping them my stomach has been better and I woke up this morning and actually felt lively. Also, I have been reading the paleo for women blog and finding a lot of confirmation for things I have experienced myself. I am willing to consider that the better energy I felt this morning came from dropping IF. After years of failing at LC, I developed an aversion to starchy foods like sweet potatoes and beets, though I love them. I think her site fills in some of the blanks as to why I have failed to stick with anything.

My new breakfast favorite is blueberry bacon. I fry a couple slices of bacon and put them on top of a bowl of blueberries, melted ghee, walnuts and cinnamon. Fills me up and tastes like breakfast.

FWIW, I am still craving free, and seem to have freed myself from thinking in terms of being "good" versus cheating.

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveCanem View Post
    Day 14 already!

Also, I have been reading the paleo for women blog and finding a lot of confirmation for things I have experienced myself. I am willing to consider that the better energy I felt this morning came from dropping IF.
    Had a quick nosey -excellent blog and love the female-centric approach which is lacking in the paloesphere. Whilst I love the work of robb wolf, mark and Abel from fat burning man they do tend to be male focused and interview men about men whilst ignoring the woman hormone issues. Thanks cavecanem
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

CaveCanem is offline Member
    My pleasure, bad bunny! I liked what she said about research being slim to begin with and virtually nonexistent for women. When she described how women react to IF'ing she described me to a T. One more day to half way, eh?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Apparently you have created a flood of women going to that site b/c according to my computer the site is too busy for me to view... lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Day 14, feeling proud!! Gotta be the fat I'm eating because I haven't felt deprived at all.
    Eggs and bacon for bkfast, BAS with chicken for lunch, just finished hamburger patty, squash & onions & 1/2 sweet potato.
    Ate early since we have a surprise party to go to, taking a baggy of strawberries with me, will pass on creepy sugar cake.
    My willpower is strong, swam today, 2 miles on TM, probably all I'll do since we'll be out late.

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast