Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 35

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhawk View Post
    I have noticed that I feel more hungry after I eat fruit, so I'm going to cut down on the fresh fruit, too.
    That's because fruit, while a natural sugar, creates an insulin response and later insulin will drop, making us think we're hungry again. This is why I try to avoid fruit all together or eat it only in the evening (because I'll be asleep when the insulin drops and won't be likely to eat again).

If I eat fruit during the day, look out! I'm after anything I can stuff in my face.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    That's because fruit, while a natural sugar, creates an insulin response and later insulin will drop, making us think we're hungry again. This is why I try to avoid fruit all together or eat it only in the evening (because I'll be asleep when the insulin drops and won't be likely to eat again).

If I eat fruit during the day, look out! I'm after anything I can stuff in my face.
    Yow. Good to know! I typically have an apple or two daily -- at least one of those is with a T of almond butter. Hmm. Things to ponder!

Okay, ladies doing Whole 30 -- has anyone else had terrible cramps during their TOM? I was woken up by them at 3:15 this morning, which has never happened before, and I was so uncomfortable that I took 2 Advil at 3:34 am -- and the cramping came back this afternoon and was so intense that I again resorted to taking 2 Advil about 90 minutes ago.

islandwahine is offline Member
    Just finished my TOM and I had the opposite happen to me...It was calm and only lasted 6 days not my normal 7. I usually have extremely painful TOM as you are experiencing so this month was a shock and a blessing.

I think I might be having a UTI and that sucks...I was wondering if anyone has taken D-Mannose or Uva Ursi and if it worked? I don't want to go to the Dr.'s and get antibiotics or drink cranberry juice...Any suggestions?

If you think you've got an infection, you may want to go to the doctor.

As for me, ugh. I'm going to see if we have any magnesium supplements; if not, I'll have to head to the pharmacy.

silverfox is offline Junior Member
    Honestly I've never found anything that works quite as well as pure cranberry juice (not the sweetened version). Also make sure you're staying well hydrated. Possibly to to much information, but I highly recommend taking cranberry capsules as a preventative measure. I started taking them after sex, and haven't had a UTI since...

islandwahine is offline Member
    Looks like a trip to the store is in order...I hope I can find pure cranberry juice...if not going to the Dr.s will be a must...I haven't had a UTI in over a year...ugh..Might have to invest in some cranberry capsules as well Thanks slivefox

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info About the fruit. Ive been trying to scale back on the fruit lately... Butttt I've been freezing bananas like mad, cutting them up, sprinkling w cinnamon and indulging. Soooo yummy. Satisfies my sweet tooth. Honestly it makes me think about processed sugars and sweets; nothing compares to fresh fruit in regards to taste!

As for my reading the new whole30 book- I hid in my classroom (was supposed to be grading) and couldn't put it Down. Lots of nutritional info like PB, but it has whole chapters dedicated to dairy and other non PB topics. Haven't gotten to specific whole30 stuff yet. A bit sciencey, but doable. I definitely recommend it.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Good day, eggs and sausage for bkfast.
    Vital choice tuna with onions and a smidge of hellman's (yeah, I know), tomatoes, cukes, apple for lunch.
    Fabulous rib eye tonite on grill with arugula & yellow squash, strawberries and just 1 TBS cream.
    About to do 2 more miles on treadmill, swam and dog paddled around half hr this morning.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 13: B: Bulletproof coffee, my first time. Held me through to lunch at 12:30 without a problem. ~5 hours. L: leftover curry beef meatballs, radishes, strawberries. Afternoon snack: 2 apricots. Supper: baked whitefish with the bread stuffing scraped out and handed over to my son. I may have got a few crumbs of wheat, but not much. Also Greek salad without cheese. Tea this evening.

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast