Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 33

Bejelly is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Much better today, although, I can't kick the HWC. I just can't.

B - 2 eggs + Breve
    L - Stir fry of chicken, mushrooms, red onion, and zucchini
    D - Slow cooker pork chops with sauerkraut and apples

E - Went to the zoo and walked around for 2 hours.

I went with a friend and she could tell that I've lost some weight so that was nice
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

Bejelly is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    It was nice to see that my marathon running, RAGNAR relay finishing, Paleo doctor finds the Whole 30 to be tough.
    This makes me feel better Thanks for sharing.
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

zizou is offline Senior Member
    So i sorta broke my whole 30 today. I had a glass of Kefir as i'm craving some probiotics.

Now i have the task of monitoring for reactions but i haven't exactly healed my gut to the point that i'd expect minimal reactions. Hoping to get an indication of how i react to dairy, which will be in the form of acne or some sort of bowel problems. Does it take 3 days for reactions to appear roughly?

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Picked up "It Starts With Food" today! I had preordered through Barnes and noble. It's dedicated to the Whole30 and walks you through a lot of the issues "we" all seem to be having!!! I've started reading it and can't put it down. I've read all the
    Paleo books out there so I'm excited to see what this one has to offer.... Especially since we're in day 13 of the whole30!

I'll let you guys know within a few days if it's worth the 30 bucks!

LeaB is offline Member
    Picked up "It Starts With Food" today!
    Interested to see what you think of the book, especially since you have read a lot of paleo books already. I have started reading 'change your life in 30 days' but am finding myself skimming through it, thinking 'I know that already' but I am not far into it. I have read Robb Wolfs book and the Primal Blueprint.

Today: ate twice, 1pm and 7pm no snacking (unless you count black coffee)

we will see how that goes.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 12: B: Chicken salad made with leftover baked chix breast, mayo, sweet onion. Coffee with CM. L: the rest of the chicken salad, fresh local strawberries, radishes, tea. S: Meatball curry (I know, sounds weird, but it was really good). Made meatballs with just beef, seasoning and eggs, baked them, then dropped them into a curry sauce of onion, stewed tomatos, curry paste, and green peas. Mine was served with leftover roasted cauliflower, the guys h ad leftover rice. Grocery shopping this evening, have eaten 4 fresh apricots since coming home - man, they're good! Now I'm making mint tea before bed.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Day 12

Bulletproof coffee w/1 T ghee and 1 T CM blended -- wow, awesome!

Broke 15 hour fast at 12:30 - made a paleo beef stir fry using grass-fed skirt steak, coconut aminos, coconut oil, 2 zucchinis, 2 heads of broccoli, 1/2 large bell pepper, 1/3 onion, garlic, ginger powder, salt, pepper, and 1 T cooking sherry. It was magnificent. And I have leftovers for tomorrow. Nom! Also: water

Snack - apple, raw macadamias; water

Dinner - 2/3 can wild planet albacore tuna w/paleo mayo, spicy mustard, celery, carrot, onion, black pepper and dill; spring mix of lettuce; water

Dessert - raspberries mixed with chilled CM

Vitamins - 2 omega 3s; 1 D3 (5,000 IUs)

WOD - Started Convict Conditioning! Very excited. 2 sets of 10 wall pushups; 2 sets of chair leg raises. Also: TKD class.

Very excited, because today was the first day when I felt really good. Lots of energy; positive outlook. And OMG, portion control!!! I was going to eat more during lunch and dinner...but I didn't want to! And it wasn't like I was forcing myself to hold back. I simply didn't want any more food. I feel like I'm starting to pick up on my body's signals. All in all, it was really an excellent day. (My TOM hasn't kicked in yet, though. Hmm.)

islandwahine is offline Member
    Day 12

B-3 eggs & bacon
    S-Green apple
    No lunch
    D-Turkey burger, 1 egg & half a small avocado
    S-banana (felt like I needed the carbohydrates)

I feel like I am getting the carb flu now is that normal? I feel great in the morning but by 1:30-2pm I am tired and tend to take an hour nap and feel pretty good when I get up. Anyone else feeling this way?

Made enchiladas for my family and decided to workout while they ate so I wouldn't get tempted. It worked out perfect by the time I was done even the dishes were done.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Day 12 was good. Eggs and bkfast steak, big salad with chicken at noon, 10 walnut halves and apple, nothing else. I'm blown away by not wanting to eat anything at night if I have a nice snack around 4pm, and I have to put a good dinner in front of dear hubby at 6:30pm every night, but i don't even want to taste anything.

It was sunny again so got in a lot of swimming and did my treadmill routine. I think the exercise along with so much water is really keeping me from cheating. I do put a TBS of cream in coffee every morning and some parm at times on my beloved spinach but planning on doing this again in July, Whole 30 book on way from amazon, and I'm completely cutting out everything they say, just to see if I can do it for 30 days and to what effect it'll have on me.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    I feel like I am getting the carb flu now is that normal? I feel great in the morning but by 1:30-2pm I am tired and tend to take an hour nap and feel pretty good when I get up. Anyone else feeling this way?
    For the past 10 days, totally. Yesterday was the first day when I felt completely energetic. And that got blown to hell for today because I slept terribly. (Terrible, terrible cramps woke me at 3:15. Sigh.) So sure, it may be the LCF, or maybe you were just tired yesterday. Either way, I bet it will pass.

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast