Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 32

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yesterday I was rained in but got a lot done, rearranged furniture, bathed dogs and enjoyed myself overall. Ate good, 2 boiled eggs for bkfast, cantaloupe and a few walnuts around 10am,lunch was vital choice tuna, tomatoes, arugula, carrots & cukes, roasted a chicken with sweet potatoes and spinach for supper. Nothing else, I'm finding I don't need snacks like I used to. Wearing clothes I haven't worn in yrs, feel like I'm down at least 10 lbs, face is thinner and panties look like granny pants on me.
    The days I get 8 cups of water I feel better and in better mood. I didn't swim since it poured all day but walked on treadmill for 4 miles, 2 at 11am and 2 at 8pm.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    Its certainly getting easier. I just need to get over my weirdness around exercise. Sometimes I really like it and I know I feel better. I have demons I need to...face? Get rid of? Something, that makes me just sit on my couch and look outside or look at my exercise dvd collection. Sometimes, that face off can take 20 minutes or longer, of me just sitting there, working up the courage...or something.
    Its time to go back to therapy.

LeaB is offline Member
    ok. I am officially jealous. I am on day ten and not feeling any different. My clothes are not looser. I came into this very paleo (recap: been paleo for a year only have lost 8-10 pounds over that time, have 20 more to go- thought this would kick start something). I decided to give up the few things that were left that are questionable so the only dairy was greek yogurt, cream in my coffee (admittably a LOT), chocolate (also a lot), and alcohol. I have slipped up a couple of times with a drink, wine not beer and not sugary drink. I want to be able to say I feel thinner!!!!!!

ok, so sorry about the whining, but I am feeling frustrated, and while I know this way of life is right and I don't really struggle with cakes, cookies, bread, pasta, or any of that, so I don't feel deprived (until giving up the above cream and chocolate). And I am a past sugar addict to the extreme. This last year of paleo has been great to get rid of cravings for bad foods, etc (which still amazes me). But to still look and be flabby is very disheartening! I am saying 20 pounds but I am sure that I could lose 30 pounds without looking too thin. I am 5'3" and 152 pounds.

What I have noticed is that I am eating a lot more dried fruit and nuts than I have in 6 months. So maybe I am just substituting my food and actually being more calorie dense now?

sorry for the whine, and I am truly happy for all the success that people are seeing!!! I have been going for health first and looks second, but I am ready for the looks! I am 45 and want to look better at 46 than I did at 40. But I am starting to get impatient.

dragonjax is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaB View Post
    ok. I am officially jealous. I am on day ten and not feeling any different. My clothes are not looser. I came into this very paleo (recap: been paleo for a year only have lost 8-10 pounds over that time, have 20 more to go- thought this would kick start something). I decided to give up the few things that were left that are questionable so the only dairy was greek yogurt, cream in my coffee (admittably a LOT), chocolate (also a lot), and alcohol. I have slipped up a couple of times with a drink, wine not beer and not sugary drink. I want to be able to say I feel thinner!!!!!!

ok, so sorry about the whining, but I am feeling frustrated, and while I know this way of life is right and I don't really struggle with cakes, cookies, bread, pasta, or any of that, so I don't feel deprived (until giving up the above cream and chocolate). And I am a past sugar addict to the extreme. This last year of paleo has been great to get rid of cravings for bad foods, etc (which still amazes me). But to still look and be flabby is very disheartening! I am saying 20 pounds but I am sure that I could lose 30 pounds without looking too thin. I am 5'3" and 152 pounds.

What I have noticed is that I am eating a lot more dried fruit and nuts than I have in 6 months. So maybe I am just substituting my food and actually being more calorie dense now?

sorry for the whine, and I am truly happy for all the success that people are seeing!!! I have been going for health first and looks second, but I am ready for the looks! I am 45 and want to look better at 46 than I did at 40. But I am starting to get impatient.
    LeaB, I hear you!!! First, you're awesome for being primal/paleo for a YEAR. That's terrific!

Second, something that my Loving Husband reminds me of constantly is that being healthy and losing weight are two distinct goals. Sometimes, there's overlap. But not always. It sounds like you're in the "not always" part. Since foodwise you're already eating right for a while (a year), I'd think it's time to start tinkering. You mentioned eating a lot of dried fruit and nuts -- that to me sounds like a likely culprit. Many folks on the forum swear by limiting both fruit and nuts (some even to the point of elimination) when your goal is to lose weight. It's very easy to overeat nuts and dried fruit, so maybe that's what's happening inadvertently?

Right now, I'm also eating a TON of raw nuts and fresh fruit, and I'm fairly certain that's stymieing my weight loss, but I'm also newly back to primal/paleo, so my first goal is to eat the right foods, and then I'll start tweaking (say, no more than one handful of nuts and one fruit daily).

What nuts/dried fruit are you eating? Maybe you could make some substitutions? For example, instead of a handful of raisins, have an apple or a cup of raspberries? Instead of roasted nuts, switch to raw?

LeaB is offline Member
    Hi, Thanks Jackie, I have been eating dates and raw pecans, and some roasted pistachios. I just feel like when I used to reach for a square of chocolate, now I am reaching for a date or nuts. Before I wasn't eating either of those. So, I think that is the culprit. I guess what I need to do is to eliminate snacking COMPLETELY. I have been slacking on that while trying to adjust to the new restrictions of my favorite foods, but I guess it is time to do something more drastic.

Plan:
    2-3 meals period. no more. no snacking between, ever, at all.
    I need to hide the dates!!!
    (by the way, stuff a date with a few pecans and you have what I call a primal snickers bar. hee hee)

Do you think there is anything else that I should be considering? My goal at this time is to lose fat, look good. I don't care about being healthy anymore (hahah)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Welcome aboard, Rita298 and sajielaaa!

I'm about to have some raspberries in coconut milk.
    Rita and Saj are spammers.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Rita and Saj are spammers.
    Really? Aw. Now I'm sad.

And I'm guessing that Mariela301 is as well, because that account used the same exact message as Rita298 a few posts ago. What's up with the spamming?

Hey -- Ann1217, thanks for posting your bulletproof-Whole 30 recipe! I tried it this morning. Tasty!

I had Rita a Saj both post to my journal at some point between last night and this morning. It's annoying. I report it and then add them to my ignore list.

mariela is as well.

Day 11 ended with me eating 2 catfish filets sauteed in ghee and baked to doneness and some sugar snap peas. I was starving at like 9:30 so I made dinner. Brought the rest for lunch today.

Day 12 is going to be a heavy fluids day. Gained back 2 lbs (damned sodium) so I gotta flush. Then back to LC so I can reach ketosis again. It takes so long for me to get into ketosis and that's frustrating to me. 10 days of hard work to try to reach ketosis and I screwed it up. Oh well... today is a new day.

Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast