Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 31

Bejelly is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ug, my weekend was pretty horrible food wise. We went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch and I had a couple of corn chips, some beans and a corn tortilla. My heart started racing and I started to feel all spacey afterwards. I have been eating clean most of the week,so from that, and how much energetic and balanced I've felt, I know I should continue eating this way permanently. I don't think I could ever live without heavy whipping cream though. The thought just makes me want to cry. I also had to recreate a recipe this weekend that uses cream cheese for my blog so, um, yeah I tore it up. Oh well. Honestly, I can't remember what I ate this weekend besides the crap so I'll post today's food:

B - 2 ggs + bulletproof coffee
    L - Stir fried chicken with asparagus, mushrooms and red onion
    D - Skipping my crockpot meal and having salmon cakes with coconut carrot.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 11: Drumroll, please!! My weight this morning is 144.5, finally into the "lower 140's" and 10 lbs lost in the 6 weeks of Whole30 so far. I'm thrilled!

So, on to the food. B: Half of 4 HB eggs as egg salad, coffee with CM. Lunch: Egg salad (I know, eggs again, using them up.) with sweet onion and mayo, radishes, an avocado, fresh strawberries (local, REAL berries, not transcontinental Franken-berries), tea. After work, more radishes. S: Baked chicken breast (with bone and skin, but still dry, dry, dry!), baked cauliflower. Off to quilting this evening, then likely just tea when I get home. I have lots of chicken left for chicken salad tomorrow.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome, marthat! Congrats!

I've been eating a TON of food today, and battling a severe melancholy. Really, really blue. Expecting my TOM any moment now, plus I'm pretty sure that I'm perimenopausal. Emotional mess, that's me. Well, at least I'm gorging on Whole 30 foods. O_o I hope that the blues pass soon.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Way to go guys! keep up the great work....

So my daytime meals are pretty skimpy. I think I need to add a bit more and make sure I'm eating enough! tonight I went for sushi. Ordered a great salmon avacado salad sans dressing and a tuna avacado roll.... Instead of rice they wrapped it in 5 layers of cucumber!!! It was unreal. Missed the soy sauce a bit, but got over it with some ginger! Sooo good.

Thought I'd share. Never knew that was an option til tonight!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Ok, Day 11 has been less than superb... I had lunch with DH at Buffalo Wild Wings and for whatever reason, did not consider the traditional wings... Not sure what my thinking was there - didn't even look at them! I, sadly, chose boneless wings instead and yes, ate some wedges. But, that's all I've had to eat today. I'll eat the rest of my watermelon tonight in hopes of loading up on water so that I can pee out the sodium and crap that came with the BWW and deal with the repercussions of PUFAs and wheat tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll be back at work and back in my normal element so I think things will definitely be better by far.

That being said, the scale still read 201 this morning and after BWW I went to the doctor and it only said 203... with any luck, I can bring it back down to 201 before tomorrow. I'd feel terrible if I screwed up my weight loss b/c of this one (ok, two) mistake.

My doctor asked me about my Whole 30 today. We're "friends" on facebook so she's been following. I told her about yesterday and today. She laughed at my logic yesterday... the first item was disappointing, so I had a second. Second was disappointing, so I moved on to cookies. First cookie was disappointing, so lets try another... Ok, that was disappointing too, and I'm still craving sugar, so let's go to the gas station and get a dew and some more cookies and eat til we feel like total crap. She laughed at me and said she could understand the logic.

She also confessed even she thinks the Whole 30 is hard - her hardest battle being sugar and giving up dairy - more specifically her morning whey protein shake. It was nice to see that my marathon running, RAGNAR relay finishing, Paleo doctor finds the Whole 30 to be tough.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Welcome aboard, Rita298 and sajielaaa!

I'm about to have some raspberries in coconut milk.

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member
    I'm working on it! I had some moments of weakness over the weekend and some banana bread today but am eager to try a Whole 30! So far, its been a week and I've lost 3lbs.

Day 11

Ugh. I ate EVERYTHING and then some.

B - Black coffee, banana, 3 eggs scrambled in ghee w/onions and garlic
    S - Apple
    L - 1 can Wild Planet albacore tuna w/paleo mayo, celery, carrot, onion, water, macadamias
    S - Apple w/almond butter
    D - 1/4 free-range chicken, baked at 375 for 45 min w/skin in ghee, garlic powder, kosher salt and paprika; sweet potato salad (sweet potatoes, scallions, cranberries, walnuts, olive oil); water; macadamias
    dessert - blueberries, small banana, coconut milk

No exercise today; no vitamins

Lousy day. Felt very blue. Now I feel blue and overfull. Ugh. Hope my TOM gets here soon.

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Day 11. Went great . Vthe cupboards were bare so I decided to cook for the week. Today I made pork carnitas, chicken vindeloo, sausage soup, ratatouille, roast beets, roast sweet potatoes, and marinated some sirloin steaks to cook tomorrow for making steak salad. You can make a really delicious salad dressing out of mint and cilantro by blending them with lime juice and a chili pepper. I plan to make it tomorrow.

Breakfast. Bacon and eggs with raspberries and coconut and walnuts

Lunch bunless burger

Dinner sausage soup, sweet potato with ghee, blueberries and cinnamon. Also a little carnitas so I could see how yummy it is.

islandwahine is offline Member
    Day 11

B-3 eggs, bacon
    S-Green Apple
    No lunch
    D-Baked Salmon w/ sauteed mushroom and zucchini
    S-Banana (body sore)

In Hawaii today is Kamehameha day and my hubby got the day off so we packed up the kids and went to the beach. We spent the morning swimming, body boarding and enjoying the sunshine. Came home and took a nice nap.Woke up did my insanity workout and cooked dinner. After dinner we watched the movie Act of Valor. I had an amazing day!!

Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast