Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 30

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Day 10: B: 3 slices bacon, 2 eggs fried in bacon fat, coffee with CM. Lunch was annoying as I had to cook several things for others, none of which I could eat. I ended up with one slice of Dutch meat loaf ( a deli loaf from a good German deli), fried in bacon fat, and an avocado. It was really hot and no-one felt like eating much. In the end, I ate an avocado. We went to a friend's for an art in the garden show. It involved brick oven pizza, which I resisted. I did have a slushie made with a ginger/lime elixir (sweetened with honey) and coconut milk. Other than the honey, it was Whole 30 compliant. And super delicious on a hot afternoon. Supper has been snacking around the house, an orange, radishes, a piece of pastrami, then 2 hard-boiled eggs. It's almost too hot to care about eating.

Was 145.5 again this morning. Hoping to drop into the lower 140's this week.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Well, I caved. I had a cupcake and wasn't impressed, so I had another. Really? Then I had two peanut butter cookies... again, not impressed. I think this sugar and the lack of impression caused a sugar binge b/c I later had a Mt. Dew and a sugar cookie from the gas station with a grossly sweet icing on it, half a chocolate chip cookie with caramel pieces in it and half a monster cookie. My tummy is very unhappy right now. But I think that's a good thing. The intent was to binge on sugar so that I'd get that sick to the tummy feeling and hopefully remember said feeling so I don't do this again.

But, I'm not giving up. I'm going on again. Day 10 was not a success, but Day 11 has great potential.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Welcome aboard, Daniel295!

JudyCR, you're right, that's a great idea - baggies of healthy snacks are perfect.

jenn26point2, good for you for not giving up! I bet Day 11 will be superb.

We're 1/3 through the Whole 30!!! Everyone ROCKS OUT LOUD!!!

Day 10

Breakfast 1 at 7 am - black coffee, apple, almond butter. (Discovered that my almost-19-year-old cat likes licking almond butter remnants off of plates. Hmm.) Then went back to bed.

Breakfast 2 at 10 am - more coffee, 3 eggs (farm fresh!!! pasture raised!!!) scrambled with bacon, in bacon fat, with onions and garlic. Twas nom! Plus 1/2 red pepper, because I wanted something sweet.

Snack at 12:30 pm - apple and raw macadamias

Afternoon - Lots of water; banana; 1 carrot

Dinner at 7 pm - 2 servings of BAS (lettuce, cucumber, scallions, carrots) with bacon, hardboiled egg and steak

Dessert at 8:30 pm - plate of strawberries and blueberries w/CM, coffee w/CM

WOD - Went bicycling w/my family; wound up biking 6 miles slowly. Had a blast!

I'm fairly certain the steak was marinaded in non-Whole 30 stuff, and the bacon definitely had "cane sugar" listed as one of the ingredients. Oh well. Doing the best I can. Meanwhile, I'm reading CONVICT CONDITIONING, and it's absolutely engrossing.

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Day 10

Breakfast. 3 eggs cooked in ghee plus coffee
    Lunch 1/2 a small rotisserie chicken from whole foods and a little carton of raspberries, more coffee
    Dinner homemade pork chorizo cooked with a huge pile of collards and eggs plus a little mango coconut milk purée

Snack while watching mad men a small handful of frozen pineapple and a small handful of frozen raspberries. I guess the heat. Today made fruit sound good.

Cant believe I am still craving free.

islandwahine is offline Member
    Day 10
    B-3 egg omelet w/ bacon, zucchini & tomatoes
    S- Green Apple
    No lunch
    D- Homemade ground turkey & beef burgers severed with cauliflower rice

Did P90X Chest & Back for 30mins...then did more pull ups and push ups with the hubby & kids..we had lots of fun!!!

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    thoughts on coconut water after a crazy workout or bikram to help with hydration? is this whole 30 compliant?

Quote Originally Posted by TLoRu View Post
    thoughts on coconut water after a crazy workout or bikram to help with hydration? is this whole 30 compliant?
    Read the ingredients. If the only ingredient is coconut water, then you are fine.

apple is offline Senior Member
    Craving fudgey brownies today...

Just started reading the Paleo for Women blog. It's convincing me that I do need more carbs and less dairy in my life. So in place of my typical cheese snack that I have in the afternoon, I have been having some fruit. I wonder if it's causing brownie cravings. Ohhh I just pictured nutella on strawberries and now I'm ready to cave.

Life is hard. First world probs, yo.
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Life is hard. First world probs, yo.
    **snort**

I hear you on the carbs. I've been having a lot of fruit these past few days. Don't know if it's TOM-related or what. But I figure that I'm in this for the long haul, so with trial and error, I'll eventually figure out what works best.

Thanks for linking to that blog. I've been having a lot of berries and bananas lately -- but also apples. And maybe I'll bump up my sweet potato.

Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast