Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaB View Post

I am frustrated that just changing to the paleo lifestyle did not 'melt away' my fat like I hear so much, I have been at it for at least a year and have lost 8-10 pounds (and very small measurement changes) clothes are still size 12 but they are looser than before. So I was really hoping that if I was even more strict (my changes are to give up chocolate, alcohol, cream and greek yogurt (only dairy I was still using)) I would see results quickly like everyone else here seems to be seeing. alas, I will carry on and see if another week will show some signs. Don't get me wrong, I will continue paleo lifestyle as a I love it I don't feel like I am 'missing' anything (until this experiment! which I consider a stricter temporary change, after the whole 30 I intend to have these things again but in a minimal fashion)

Anyway, I don't know why I am rambling on, I guess because I am not seeing/feeling changes yet. But it is only Day 6 for me, I shouldn't expect too much.

Hey! It is Friday, one workday away from the weekend!!!!!
    Everyone have a great day!
    When I first went Primal I lost 50lbs but the settled around a size 14. I did eat massive amounts of nuts though but even when I was absolute thinnest I was a size 10 (on low fat SAD diet). I'm not built to be a size 3. Good Luck on this journey!
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

Quote Originally Posted by Bejelly View Post
    Congrats Marthat!

I can tell that cutting my carbs is working as my clothes are getting looser and wow am I energetic but I have a tough time sleeping for the past 3 days. I had sweet potatoes last night for dinner and slept like a baby.
    I almost always have carbs with dinner, because they definitely help me sleep. I think a lot of people around here have noticed that carbs for dinner help them sleep and that going too low carb negatively effects sleep. I'm not trying to lose weight, but I don't think that some starch with dinner should be too much of a problem for anyone. If anything, getting the sleep will be better for weight loss.

That's awesome Martha! Very motivating!!!

Day 8
    B-3 eggs, bacon & green apple
    No lunch ate an early dinner
    D- Stuffed portobello mushroom w/ pulled pork, pineapple, onions & tomatoes supper yummy

Wow - inadvertent 15.5 hour fast has been broken! Yowza.

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Weight this morning is back to lowest weight in almost a year. Wearing new jeans that fit like a glove, but are as comfy as pajamas - they are awesome and were only $10 at a vintage clothing store. SCORE!!

I'm on day 41. Have been 100% compliant with avoiding dairy, gluten grains (had a few tbsp rice once), legumes, probably 95% perfect with sugar and sweeteners. Down 9 lbs of real weight loss, 11.5 lbs from my artificially bloated starting weight. Happy, Happy, Happy!!
    FABULOUS!!! You're amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    D- Stuffed portobello mushroom w/ pulled pork, pineapple, onions & tomatoes supper yummy
    This sounds yummy!

Day 9:

Had to eat dinner super early cause I'm meeting friends and didn't want to end up starving and surrounded by no-no foods.

Breakfast: Coffee with 1 T ghee and 1 T EVCO.

Lunch: Bone broth with meat and gelatin from the bones.

Snack: 1/2 sweet potato.

Dinner: A few raw scallops, a few sauteed scallops, dinosaur kale with ghee, 1/2 sweet potato with ghee, a banana with coconut milk and cinnamon for dessert.

Off to be a a normal 24 year old (except that I'll be sober - yay).

Ann- you use coconut oil in your coffee, not coconut milk? Interesting! I **still** can't find ghee near me (I'll probably have to make it), but once I get ghee, I'll give this a shot.

I don't think I posted yesterday, pretty busy with a dress rehearsal on top of everything else. Anyway, I ate well and took two dog walks. For whatever's reason the only exercise I am doing is walking the dogs. I am having a had time making myself do the rest of my routine. I think at some point I might need to join a group class but am resistant to the idea because I consider myself to still be in recovery from adrenal fatigue.

9days in and the most telling improvement is zero back pain and a perfectly easy period. Yay! When I started I neglected to take some measurements so I did it today. Though by other folks standards I am a chunky monkey by my standards I am less than 20 pounds over weight, so at this point in the game I consider weight loss for me to be a vanity issue rather than a health one. What a relief after feeling out of control for my entire adult life.

Shop Now
    Day nine went great. Last night I had a binge and was feeling pretty bad about myself but woke up this morning ready to turn over a new leaf. I it so much easier to turn over a new leaf when you don't think so badly about yourself.
    B-2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon. It was so freaking good
    L-Skipped because of the big B
    S-Bannana
    D-Homemade sphagettie sauce with grass fed ground beef, mushrooms, broccolie, celery, onion, tomatoe and garlic. Mung bean sprouts on top. Very filling