Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 28

Bejelly is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaB View Post

I am frustrated that just changing to the paleo lifestyle did not 'melt away' my fat like I hear so much, I have been at it for at least a year and have lost 8-10 pounds (and very small measurement changes) clothes are still size 12 but they are looser than before. So I was really hoping that if I was even more strict (my changes are to give up chocolate, alcohol, cream and greek yogurt (only dairy I was still using)) I would see results quickly like everyone else here seems to be seeing. alas, I will carry on and see if another week will show some signs. Don't get me wrong, I will continue paleo lifestyle as a I love it I don't feel like I am 'missing' anything (until this experiment! which I consider a stricter temporary change, after the whole 30 I intend to have these things again but in a minimal fashion)

Anyway, I don't know why I am rambling on, I guess because I am not seeing/feeling changes yet. But it is only Day 6 for me, I shouldn't expect too much.

Hey! It is Friday, one workday away from the weekend!!!!!
    Everyone have a great day!
    When I first went Primal I lost 50lbs but the settled around a size 14. I did eat massive amounts of nuts though but even when I was absolute thinnest I was a size 10 (on low fat SAD diet). I'm not built to be a size 3. Good Luck on this journey!
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bejelly View Post
    Congrats Marthat!

I can tell that cutting my carbs is working as my clothes are getting looser and wow am I energetic but I have a tough time sleeping for the past 3 days. I had sweet potatoes last night for dinner and slept like a baby.
    I almost always have carbs with dinner, because they definitely help me sleep. I think a lot of people around here have noticed that carbs for dinner help them sleep and that going too low carb negatively effects sleep. I'm not trying to lose weight, but I don't think that some starch with dinner should be too much of a problem for anyone. If anything, getting the sleep will be better for weight loss.

islandwahine is offline Member
    That's awesome Martha! Very motivating!!!

Day 8
    B-3 eggs, bacon & green apple
    No lunch ate an early dinner
    D- Stuffed portobello mushroom w/ pulled pork, pineapple, onions & tomatoes supper yummy

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Wow - inadvertent 15.5 hour fast has been broken! Yowza.

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Weight this morning is back to lowest weight in almost a year. Wearing new jeans that fit like a glove, but are as comfy as pajamas - they are awesome and were only $10 at a vintage clothing store. SCORE!!

I'm on day 41. Have been 100% compliant with avoiding dairy, gluten grains (had a few tbsp rice once), legumes, probably 95% perfect with sugar and sweeteners. Down 9 lbs of real weight loss, 11.5 lbs from my artificially bloated starting weight. Happy, Happy, Happy!!
    FABULOUS!!! You're amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by islandwahine View Post
    D- Stuffed portobello mushroom w/ pulled pork, pineapple, onions & tomatoes supper yummy
    This sounds yummy!

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Day 9:

Had to eat dinner super early cause I'm meeting friends and didn't want to end up starving and surrounded by no-no foods.

Breakfast: Coffee with 1 T ghee and 1 T EVCO.

Lunch: Bone broth with meat and gelatin from the bones.

Snack: 1/2 sweet potato.

Dinner: A few raw scallops, a few sauteed scallops, dinosaur kale with ghee, 1/2 sweet potato with ghee, a banana with coconut milk and cinnamon for dessert.

Off to be a a normal 24 year old (except that I'll be sober - yay).

Ann- you use coconut oil in your coffee, not coconut milk? Interesting! I **still** can't find ghee near me (I'll probably have to make it), but once I get ghee, I'll give this a shot.

CaveCanem is offline Member
    I don't think I posted yesterday, pretty busy with a dress rehearsal on top of everything else. Anyway, I ate well and took two dog walks. For whatever's reason the only exercise I am doing is walking the dogs. I am having a had time making myself do the rest of my routine. I think at some point I might need to join a group class but am resistant to the idea because I consider myself to still be in recovery from adrenal fatigue.

9days in and the most telling improvement is zero back pain and a perfectly easy period. Yay! When I started I neglected to take some measurements so I did it today. Though by other folks standards I am a chunky monkey by my standards I am less than 20 pounds over weight, so at this point in the game I consider weight loss for me to be a vanity issue rather than a health one. What a relief after feeling out of control for my entire adult life.

MamaAdams is offline Member
    Day nine went great. Last night I had a binge and was feeling pretty bad about myself but woke up this morning ready to turn over a new leaf. I it so much easier to turn over a new leaf when you don't think so badly about yourself.
    B-2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon. It was so freaking good
    L-Skipped because of the big B
    S-Bannana
    D-Homemade sphagettie sauce with grass fed ground beef, mushrooms, broccolie, celery, onion, tomatoe and garlic. Mung bean sprouts on top. Very filling

Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast