Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 27

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You're giving yourself the best gift of all: excellent health! (Okay, maybe a new car would come close...)
    Thank you, sweetie.. I am actually looking to buy a new car this year, probably October

I've had a great day!! Had nothinggggg all day until 5pm and then had a huge grilled chicken breast, squash and onions, sautéed spinach in ghee, cukes and tomatoes, olives, green tea with lime.. At 7pm strawberries and cream, walked 2-4 mph on treadmill for 3 miles, swam and dog paddled around for 35 mins, wore shorts today I couldn't get my butt in last summer and they felt good.

PandaRose is offline Member
    Sorry to have to ask...what exactly does whole 30 mean? Sticking to strictly primal diet everyday in June?

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Day 8 done.

movement: walk with work friend.

B:
    4 sausage links
    2 boiled eggs

L:
    whole green pepper
    nitrate/nitrite free turkey breast

D:
    salmon filet sauteed in ghee
    cabbage and broccoli slaw steamed with sesame oil
    bowl of grapes

Cough is kicking my ass again. Might be time for some benedryl and hopefully bed soon. 5k walk in the AM to benefit the United Way.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaRose View Post
    Sorry to have to ask...what exactly does whole 30 mean? Sticking to strictly primal diet everyday in June?
    The Whole30® Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    jenn26: try something called "chestal" which is an all-natural cough medicine. its made by Boiron, I think. its Homeopathic, but it does work.
    Thank you. Where can I find it?

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Thank you. Where can I find it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    jenn26: try something called "chestal" which is an all-natural cough medicine. its made by Boiron, I think. its Homeopathic, but it does work.
    Did a search and found I can get it at my local Walgreens. Thanks for the suggestion.

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Have been feeling great and my sleep has improved a ton! Tonight went out for my grandfather's birthday to a steakhouse.... Waiter screwed up my order. I had major anxiety about this but was at a table full of people and stayed relatively calm haha.

I've been primal/ paleo for about 18 months but I still hate when people continually ask if you want some of their food or bread or appetizers. If I say no thanks, please leave me alone and dont make me look like a brat!!! How do you guys deal with this!?! My old school Italian family thinks I'm crazy as its for eating how I do.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Day 8

B - Water, black coffee, 3 eggs scrambled in bacon grease w/onions, 4 strips of bacon, apple

L- 2 hot dogs (uncured), sauerkraut, spicy brown mustard, water

S - apple; raw macadamias

D - out to eat at Smokey Bones - BAS w/lettuce, cucumber, hearts of palm, grape tomatoes, bacon; full platter of pulled pork (no added sauce); water

dessert - 1 banana and 6 strawberries sliced, in a bowl with coconut milk drizzled over it; raw macadamias

Didn't take my vitamins

No exercise today

Annoyed that my left knee is still aching from Thursday night; hope I can do TKD class in the morning.

Finding that when I stop eating a serving, it's still very easy for me to eat more. (Thus the macadamias tonight.) I'll work on being more mindful about that. OTOH, I shouldn't have any problem doing TKD on an empty stomach!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 8: B: leftover half beef sausage and leftover half beef burger, eaten cold, dipped in garlic mayo. Coffee with CM. L: BAS with avocado and tuna in olive oil. Four enormous franken-strawberries and an apricot. A bunch of melon chunks from the work lunchroom table stuff. Resisted the sandwich platter (egg salad - my fave!), dessert tray. Afternoon snack: All natural pepperette, radishes, strawberries. S: Spinach sauteed in sesame oil, grilled portabello mushroom, one large Eurpean-style weiner (from local butcher - probably not 100% Whole30 compliant, but we were in a rush). Evening: Our Friday evening martini (intentional cheat).

Weight this morning is back to lowest weight in almost a year. Wearing new jeans that fit like a glove, but are as comfy as pajamas - they are awesome and were only $10 at a vintage clothing store. SCORE!!

I'm on day 41. Have been 100% compliant with avoiding dairy, gluten grains (had a few tbsp rice once), legumes, probably 95% perfect with sugar and sweeteners. Down 9 lbs of real weight loss, 11.5 lbs from my artificially bloated starting weight. Happy, Happy, Happy!!

Bejelly is offline Junior Member
    Congrats Marthat!

I broke down yesterday and had a Breve. When I gave up sugar, whipping cream became my new fix and man, it is hard to go without it - uggg. I can tell that cutting my carbs is working as my clothes are getting looser and wow am I energetic but I have a tough time sleeping for the past 3 days. I had sweet potatoes last night for dinner and slept like a baby.

Yesterday:
    2 eggs + breakfast sausage + Breve
    2 hamburger patties _ sauteed spinach and mushrooms in coconut oil
    Spicy Italian sausage with sweet potato pasta
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast