Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 26

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sorry, I had posted that before I read your response. You're obviously making a conscious and informed decision to weigh yourself, which is totally fine. Was just concerned for people who may have started a whole 30 perhaps not knowing exactly what it is and what the guidelines are. Cause if you're not following the whole 30 rules, then it's not a whole 30, it's just your own personal version of paleo, which is fine, but different!

I am a stickler for rules, though, probably borderline OCD about them...

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    As long as everyone doing the program keeps in mind the bigger picture -- that is, eating as close to Whole 30 as possible, for an entire host of reasons -- then daily/weekly weighing isn't a big deal, in my opinion. Some are more encouraged when they see a loss from Day 1 to Day 30, others are more encouraged when they see daily numbers. Whatever works -- as long as it works.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann1217 View Post
    Sorry, I had posted that before I read your response. You're obviously making a conscious and informed decision to weigh yourself, which is totally fine. Was just concerned for people who may have started a whole 30 perhaps not knowing exactly what it is and what the guidelines are. Cause if you're not following the whole 30 rules, then it's not a whole 30, it's just your own personal version of paleo, which is fine, but different!

I am a stickler for rules, though, probably borderline OCD about them...
    well, technically, this is just strict 100% paleo/primal... the scale thing is just an extra rule they created. As long as I'm eating the way I'm supposed to, I don't see the harm.

I understand not weighing for people NEW to Paleo/Primal. Feeling the changes that take place is very important for motivation to keep going, especially since there's no guarantee that you'll lose any weight in the beginning (I have a friend who's on her 3rd week being primal and she's gained 4 lbs - she's very frustrated). Anyhow, I see the point, but don't think the point benefits me - most likely this is the case for the other weighing girls too.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

BUT THE RULES, JACKIEKESSLER, WHAT ABOUT THE RULES?????

Kidding...

As long as you don't weigh yourself with a loaf of bread in one hand and a vat of margarine in the other.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    As long as you don't weigh yourself with a loaf of bread in one hand and a vat of margarine in the other.
    That's an option??? Lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    BUT THE RULES, JACKIEKESSLER, WHAT ABOUT THE RULES?????
    In my secret heart, I'm an anarchist.

islandwahine is offline Member
    I know the rules...before whole30 I weighed myself every single day I was obsessed!!!..I wanted to stop this habit and knew that I wouldn't be able to go the entire 30 days without weighing myself so I decided I would do a weekly weigh in...100% other wise so I'm an happy gal...

Day 8

Breakfast: Coffee with coconut oil and ghee. Bone broth with three raw egg yolks in it.

Lunch: 3 Grass-fed hot dogs, 1/2 an avocado, a tomato. Some strawberries.

Dinner: Shrimp with homemade cocktail sauce, salad, steamed sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    jenn26: try something called "chestal" which is an all-natural cough medicine. its made by Boiron, I think. its Homeopathic, but it does work.

MamaAdams is offline Member
    Day 8 didn't go as well as planned. Had 1 1/2 slices of canadian bacon for breakfest, skipped lunch then was hungry to the point of nausea when I went out for grocerys at 2, ended up eating a gluten free coffe cake not a good decision. Son knocked his plate on the floor by accindent at dinner, got annoyed and ended up throwing my dinner away so only ate a couple bites of steat (pan cooked and wasn't that good anyway) and about 5 green beans. just a frusterating day. will do better tomorrow.

Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast