Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 25

apple is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Alriiiight! Sleeping better, had the energy to go on a run this morning, and my stuffy nose is completely gone. I have stuck very closely to the whole30 guidelines, although I did weigh myself this morning. I think the dairy-free aspect is making a big difference in my energy levels and weight. My pants fit a lot better than they did 2 weeks ago.
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Today I feel like garbage. I have some kind of allergy thing going on that I've been battling for 4 weeks. It's causing a cough and that cough has my chest(ribs) and throat hurting. I am so tired of coughing. Dr offered to call in an antibiotic for me but I don't know if that's what I need. I think I just need a truckload of sudafed to dry up these nasal passages and stop the post-nasal drip so that I can finally get a break from coughing. It seriously hurts so bad. Laying on my side and stomach last night resulted in protests from the ribs. Throat is raw so even breathing is irritating. Someone told me to pick up some benedryl b/c it'll dry me up faster than Zyrtec or Claritin. I wish it didn't knock me out. I'd be all over the benedryl. Maybe I'll wander down to the PX and get some anyway. I wonder if they have any upstairs in the cafeteria... probably want $100 for it...

Anyhow, Day 7 went like this:

B:
    4 sausage links
    2 eggs
    vitamins

L:
    1 pkg Hormel Natural Choice Nitrate/Nitrite free Mesquite Turkey breast
    grapes

D:
    BAS with lots of turkey, pico, eggs, multiple veggies
    watermelon, grapes, pineapple
    too many almonds

Still up a lb. Hoping to change that soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I didn't have to take out a small loan to get some benedryl from the caf, so I took one. Hopefully I can remain conscious. lol Also picked up some Halls b/c my throat is so raw. Sadly, there is soy and sugar in them...

The Halls was nasty so I spit it out... benedryl is helping with the congestion, but I still feel like crap and now I'm tired...
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 06-08-2012 at 10:59 AM.

islandwahine is offline Member
    Wow! we are already on day 8..I feel great! Been 100% with both my nutrition and my workouts...I started the whole30 program at 167lb's..today I am 162.2lbs...Once a week weigh in will keep me on tract...

Day 7
    B- Leftover Salmon Salad w/eggs, bacon & olive oil
    S- Pear
    L- 2 eggs, bacon & Pear
    D- Lettuce wraps w/ ground turkey, tomatoes & salsa

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Kiddos, lay off the scales! Tisk, tisk, tisk!

There's no logical reason to avoid the scale. It's not going to improve the effect of the program.

collegeprimalgirl is offline Junior Member
    Day 7 went really well until gathering of friends, I had a bit to drink and that led to a slice of pizza that I'm pretty sure is still messing with me today. But back on wagon!
    Happy Friday everyone I love how awesome everyone is doing and the recipe ideas yum!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    There's no logical reason to avoid the scale. It's not going to improve the effect of the program.
    Read the site again to see the reason for no weighing and this is what it said:

One last and final rule. You are not allowed to step on the scale or take any body measurements for the duration of the program. This is about so much more than just weight loss, and to focus on your body composition means you’ll miss out on the most dramatic and lifelong benefits this plan has to offer. So, no weighing yourself, analyzing body fat or taking comparative measurements during your Whole30. (We do encourage you to weigh yourself before and after, however, so you can see one of the more tangible results of your efforts when your program is over.)

Since I already KNOW the way no sugar, no dairy etc feels, I feel I am safe to check weight loss results. I know this is about getting healthy, but i'm not "testing" the process like it sounds like this is geared toward - non-primal/paleo people "trying" it on for size before committing. I'm already commited. I'm using the Whole30 as a way to boost my already present weight loss (and to kick sugar). For me, it IS about weight loss. So, I'm weighing. Weighing isn't going to derail me and isn't going to cause me to eat garbage b/c I've lost a lb and it's ok. I'm beyond all that because of Primal. I just like to weigh so I can see where I'm at.

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Except that it's one of the rules of the program: "One last and final rule. You are not allowed to step on the scale or take any body measurements for the duration of the program. This is about so much more than just weight loss, and to focus on your body composition means you’ll miss out on the most dramatic and lifelong benefits this plan has to offer. So, no weighing yourself, analyzing body fat or taking comparative measurements during your Whole30. (We do encourage you to weigh yourself before and after, however, so you can see one of the more tangible results of your efforts when your program is over.)"

Not trying to be inflammatory here, but there are specific rules about the program that are there for a reason; according to Dallas and Melissa weighing yourself detracts from the benefits of the program. Maybe some people didn't read this website before they started.

Read the site again to see the reason for no weighing and this is what it said:

One last and final rule. You are not allowed to step on the scale or take any body measurements for the duration of the program. This is about so much more than just weight loss, and to focus on your body composition means you’ll miss out on the most dramatic and lifelong benefits this plan has to offer. So, no weighing yourself, analyzing body fat or taking comparative measurements during your Whole30. (We do encourage you to weigh yourself before and after, however, so you can see one of the more tangible results of your efforts when your program is over.)

Since I already KNOW the way no sugar, no dairy etc feels, I feel I am safe to check weight loss results. I know this is about getting healthy, but i'm not "testing" the process like it sounds like this is geared toward - non-primal/paleo people "trying" it on for size before committing. I'm already commited. I'm using the Whole30 as a way to boost my already present weight loss (and to kick sugar). For me, it IS about weight loss. So, I'm weighing. Weighing isn't going to derail me and isn't going to cause me to eat garbage b/c I've lost a lb and it's ok. I'm beyond all that because of Primal. I just like to weigh so I can see where I'm at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann1217 View Post
    Except that it's one of the rules of the program: "One last and final rule. You are not allowed to step on the scale or take any body measurements for the duration of the program. This is about so much more than just weight loss, and to focus on your body composition means you’ll miss out on the most dramatic and lifelong benefits this plan has to offer. So, no weighing yourself, analyzing body fat or taking comparative measurements during your Whole30. (We do encourage you to weigh yourself before and after, however, so you can see one of the more tangible results of your efforts when your program is over.)"

Not trying to be inflammatory here, but there are specific rules about the program that are there for a reason; according to Dallas and Melissa weighing yourself detracts from the benefits of the program. Maybe some people didn't read this website before they started.
    I read the site before I started and just now. Since I'm not doing this to switch from one lifestyle to the next, but rather to help me get away from sugar and boost my weight loss progress, I am going to continue weighing. For me, it won't add or take away from the experience.

Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast