Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 24

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post

Stupid, stupid, stupid me, doing Insanity for 15 days a few weeks ago. Stressed my knees. And then, after a session with a personal trainer this Monday who believed in cardio w/weights and had me do many, many reps of 45 seconds of lateral drills up and down (sidestepping quickly) on an upside-down half-circle rubber ball thing, I really stressed my knees. So today in TKD class, my left knee started hurting. Now it's hours later, my knee is extremely unhappy, and the right one in joining in, possibly because it feels ignored. Ugh. Grrrrr. Meh.
    I hear you on the injuries, my shoulder is much the same, trouble is I don't rest it fully and keep trying to LHT thinking "it must be better by now". Rest, rest, rest.

Ate more fruit yesterday than I've eaten in a long time, blueberries, peach, pear and made wonderful banana ice cream, mashed banana with coconut milk in the freezer until just frozen but still soft YUM!
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Day 7 was good, my bday but I didn't cheat at all.
    Bacon and eggs for bkfast.
    Wonderful ribeye for lunch with big salad.
    Seafood platter, all grilled because I knew what it'd be fried in, broc & small salad, plain.
    No snacks, not enough water because I was not at home, but no bday cake, no sugar now since the end of march.
    Will try to do without any food at all today until 5pm.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Getfitt View Post
    Am I too late to join....?I will follow your food choices n see if I lose any wt...thanks for posting it....
    Not too late at all! Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    I hear you on the injuries, my shoulder is much the same, trouble is I don't rest it fully and keep trying to LHT thinking "it must be better by now". Rest, rest, rest.
    Poor you! Okay, I'll rest today. If I go for a walk, I'll go very slowly indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Day 7 was good, my bday but I didn't cheat at all.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You're giving yourself the best gift of all: excellent health! (Okay, maybe a new car would come close...)

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Day 7

Breakfast: Ground beef with 2 raw egg yolks + 1/2 avocado

Lunch: Leftover short ribs with gelatinous stuff that was left on the bones after bone broth.

Dinner: More ground beef with fried plantains. Strawberries for dessert.

It was a beefy day. I am all beefed out.

LeaB is offline Member
    Successful day yesterday:
    B: black coffee and few pieces of nitrate free salami
    L: huge salad with chicken thighs and mixed veggies
    s: handful of pistachios and grapes
    3 mile walk
    D: leftover chicken thighs chopped up and mixed with leftover veggies fried in bacon grease, strawberries.

so far I am not noticing a difference in look or feel. I was pretty paleo before so had already given up the grains and processed foods and most sugar. I find that I am eating more fruit and nuts than I used to and wonder if that is the problem (I had tried to limit them for weight loss) but now I am substituting them where I would have eaten some chocolate (above snack and after dinner). But I am a bit surprised that I don't feel thinner, clothes are not looser, etc. I feel no changes. That makes it hard to continue, but I will. The chocolate is actually a tiny bit easier to give up than I thought it would be, especially since it is in the house (husband is not going to do anything 'nuts' like give up chocolate, of course, he doesn't have 20 pounds to lose either )

I am frustrated that just changing to the paleo lifestyle did not 'melt away' my fat like I hear so much, I have been at it for at least a year and have lost 8-10 pounds (and very small measurement changes) clothes are still size 12 but they are looser than before. So I was really hoping that if I was even more strict (my changes are to give up chocolate, alcohol, cream and greek yogurt (only dairy I was still using)) I would see results quickly like everyone else here seems to be seeing. alas, I will carry on and see if another week will show some signs. Don't get me wrong, I will continue paleo lifestyle as a I love it I don't feel like I am 'missing' anything (until this experiment! which I consider a stricter temporary change, after the whole 30 I intend to have these things again but in a minimal fashion)

Anyway, I don't know why I am rambling on, I guess because I am not seeing/feeling changes yet. But it is only Day 6 for me, I shouldn't expect too much.

Hey! It is Friday, one workday away from the weekend!!!!!
    Everyone have a great day!

I really wouldn't expect too much after 8 days. I think it's really only after the full 30 days that you will be able to pinpoint any significant changes, which is why the program is the way it is.

I understand what you mean, though. Sometimes I feel like I do less healthy things on the whole 30 than I would off of it; for instance, I have a lot of fruit instead of a little chocolate and IMO chocolate is probably better, I've been eating nut butters when I don't usually eat nuts. I also feel like I'm eating larger portions of my normal foods because I'm making up for the lack of satisfaction that I feel without my wine and chocolate. But now that I think about it, that's probably it, and that's probably not so big of a deal.

On the other hand, I feel a lot better without alcohol, so that's good to know. I have definitely been sleeping much better, and I'm noticing some patterns with regard to my diet and how I feel.

I also think that while it is important to do one every now and then, the whole 30 is most beneficial for people transitioning from a SAD, and most of us are already doing primal/paleo to some extent.

On another note, I took a diflucan at the urging of a dermatologist (I was under the impression that anti-fungals were not particularly harmful, and I was also desperate to get rid of this acne that I've been experiencing) and it seems to have really screwed up my stomach, causing pain and bloating (feels like an ulcer) so I feel like I kinda screwed up my whole 30. I'm sure I would feel a lot better without this stomach BS. Hopefully it will subside over the next few days. In the meantime, I am loading up on probiotics and bone broths.

LeaB is offline Member
    I really wouldn't expect too much after 8 days. I think it's really only after the full 30 days that you will be able to pinpoint any significant changes, which is why the program is the way it is.
    yes, you are absolutely right. I should really put away the scale and the tape measure. I agree that it is making me focus on my body signals more too. Which is good. I hope to tame my addiction to coffee also, that is why I am continuing to do it black instead of making bullet proof, which is 'approved' but will keep me in the same mindset of drinking it all day as one long snack. Also, reaching into the chocolate cupboard was getting way too frequent, and a substitute for eating something healthier. I am going to try to limit my fruits to one a day though even during the whole 30 and nuts maybe every couple of days.

My real goal is to lose 20 pounds before I have to put on a swimsuit again, but any positive changes are good. Actually the fact that I have gone without chocolate for 5 days is astounding when I think about it. I don't know that I have ever done that. And I would just really wonder about the people that 'don't eat sweets' or 'have chocolate occasionally' now I think I could be one of those people! lol

Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast