Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 21

Bejelly is offline Junior Member
    B - 2 eggs + bacon
    L - 1 banana, brat + mushrooms + spinach sauteed in coconut oil - 1 tbsp of sunbutter
    D - pepper steak + coconut carrots.

Exercise - none - light stretching as my back is bugging me.
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

zizou is offline Senior Member
    I think i'm approaching half way point ( i think i started about 2 weeks ago now) and looking forward to day 30. Never though it'd be possible but i am getting sick of meat!

Need a good veggie receipe that is filling with allowed foods. Just to mix it up.

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Breakfast. Coffee

Lunch tuna salad and a baked sweet poato dressed with ghee, blueberries cinnamon and walnuts. Cuke slices

Went to a pot luck and ate 2 chunks of lamb and a chicken thigh. All paleo!

Dinner homemade carnitas, carrot sticks and a banana

Exercise 45 minutes of walking

badbunny is offline Senior Member
    I have been 100% so far, this is day 8 for me but the temptations are dreadful. I am on holiday this week from work and we went to some local caves yesterday with lunch out, I so much wanted the BBQ spare ribs and chips that my daughter had instead I had another salad with smoked salmon. I also missed out on the ice-cream, I feel good for being compliant but really feel like. Am missing out . Not bothered about grains because I haven't really eaten them for a couple of years, it's the chips and the cheese that's the hardest.

However.......

On a plus note my stomach is as flat as a washboard - yay!

Tired though, I have boundless energy during the day but come my bedtime I am tired and I sleep solid, something I haven't done for a while, but I cannot get up in the morning I feel dead! it's a good job I am not at work this week I have slept through hubby's alarms every day and have only been groggily opening my eyes at 9am! That isn't me, I'm usually up at 6 fired to go......

Anyway, well done everyone, you seem to be doing so well. Keep up with the motivation I am SURE it will be worth it..
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
    Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    I think i'm approaching half way point ( i think i started about 2 weeks ago now) and looking forward to day 30. Never though it'd be possible but i am getting sick of meat!

Need a good veggie receipe that is filling with allowed foods. Just to mix it up.
    I sometimes make a veggie stirfry with shrimp as a lighter feeling alternative. Cook veggies in coconut oil or sesame oil - onions, peppers, zucchini, shredded or very thinly sliced carrot, any kind of green veg, shredded cabbage, mung been sprouts - whatever you have - lots. Then add a bag of frozen peeled shrimp (raw is best, cooked will do), and salt, pepper, curry powder and/or curry paste, then throw in about half a can of coconut milk. Let simmer together for just a few minutes until shrimp are cooked. I eat mine in a bowl to get all the yummy sauce, but my men eat theirs over either rice or ricestick noodles.

LeaB is offline Member
    when you say that you are using coconut milk in your coffee. Are you pouring the liquid out of the can and only using the solid, or blending the liquid in and using it?

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Day 6

B - black coffee

Water

L - Out to eat! Salad of kale, mango strips, walnuts and grapes drizzled with lemon juice (holy cats, TASTY); 2 HB eggs; water

Black coffee

D- Out to eat! 1/2 roasted free-range chicken w/skin, au jus, w/sauteed mushrooms, green beans, onions; water

Snack - Apple

Snack - 3 servings of raw macadamia nuts (oops)

WOD - Holy cats, WALKING. Tons of walking. And based on how heavy my backpack and shopping bag got, LHT!

So I'm feeling somewhat righteous. I was at Book Expo America* yesterday (one of the three largest book trade shows in the world) in NYC, and I stayed as close to Whole 30 as I could! No time for breakfast; for lunch I tried this wacky pre-fabbed salad from this high-scale cafe, and wow, it was tasty! (See above.) I ordered the 2 eggs to go with it so that I'd get some protein. And then dinner. Ah, dinner. I think I blew it. Even though I ordered the free-range chicken and ate it w/the skin, I forgot to say "gluten-free," and I have a sinking suspicion there may have been some flour in there somewhere -- and who knows what was used to roast it and get the skin so crispity? There was probably butter involved, or oil. I did say "no potatoes," at least. And I couldn't remember if green beans were okay or not, but I only had a few. That being said, I didn't go hog-wild, and even though the drinks were flowing, all I had was water. Huzzah! (I did feel a little bad on the way home, wondering if I blew it, and then I said, "Feeling bad changes nothing, and heck, I did my best, so enough with feeling bad about it." And then I had macadamias. So there!)

So, lessons learned:

1. ALWAYS request a gluten-free menu when dining out.
    2. If you forget to ask for gluten-free and have ordered something as close to Whole 30 as possible, don't sweat the small stuff.

* At the Javitz Center in NYC. WALKING. Walking, walking, walking!!! Tons of walking. And walking to/from the train station to the center! And, by the way, WALKING. Whew.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaB View Post
    when you say that you are using coconut milk in your coffee. Are you pouring the liquid out of the can and only using the solid, or blending the liquid in and using it?
    I tend to shake the can to get everything mixed, then either drizzle some or spoon some into my coffee. I don't separate the coconut water from the thicker parts.

Quote Originally Posted by badbunny View Post
    Tired though, I have boundless energy during the day but come my bedtime I am tired and I sleep solid, something I haven't done for a while, but I cannot get up in the morning I feel dead! it's a good job I am not at work this week I have slept through hubby's alarms every day and have only been groggily opening my eyes at 9am! That isn't me, I'm usually up at 6 fired to go......
    First - AWESOME on the flat belly! (Mine is looking flatter, too, and my pants are definitely looser.)

Second - I hear you on the energy. I've had precious little. And the brain fog! My God! It's sort of ridiculous. I haven't gotten to the boundless energy during the day part, but I'm hopeful that it will be coming soon.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    I sometimes make a veggie stirfry with shrimp as a lighter feeling alternative. Cook veggies in coconut oil or sesame oil - onions, peppers, zucchini, shredded or very thinly sliced carrot, any kind of green veg, shredded cabbage, mung been sprouts - whatever you have - lots. Then add a bag of frozen peeled shrimp (raw is best, cooked will do), and salt, pepper, curry powder and/or curry paste, then throw in about half a can of coconut milk. Let simmer together for just a few minutes until shrimp are cooked. I eat mine in a bowl to get all the yummy sauce, but my men eat theirs over either rice or ricestick noodles.
    This sounds PHENOMENAL. I'm going to the store today to get the veggies for this. Hmm. I wonder how this would taste over riced cauliflower?

Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast