jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 5 is under the bridge.

B:
    4 sausage links
    2 boiled eggs
    vitamins

L:
    skipped b/c I wasn't hungry til 4:30 and dinner would come shortly after, so opted for dinner over lunch.

D:
    8 oz or so ribeye
    2 cups or so broccoli

S:
    bowl of grapes

Movement:
    walked to gym and back (.9 miles)
    LHT

Started Whole30 on Friday weighing 206.x lbs. Today, the scale read 201.x lbs. Hooray for Whole30!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Oh, regarding dairy and fruit on a Whole 30:

DAIRY: Nope; we're supposed to be dairy-free. Exceptions are ghee (clarified butter). I've found that some coconut milk (canned, not the stuff in the carton, which tends to be sweetened) in black coffee can be quite tasty.

FRUIT: Enjoy. Some fruits are higher in sugar than others, and some are healthier than others. Blueberries (organic, local is preferable) are pretty fantastic for you. Bananas are very good after a tough workout. Many people restrict their fruit for various reasons. My thinking is that for the Whole 30, my goals are already pretty big (no grains, no sugar, minimally processed foods, no dairy, no alcohol), so further restricting my fruit intake (and my nut intake) would make me very unhappy. So I'm eating the fruit I want.
    Those are my feelings too! I'm not really resticting fruit, but I was wondering what other thoughts were also. Im a big berry person, so ill keep that up. I will also be on the "im eating all the fruit i want" bandwagon

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I eat a few grapes or cherries at night, but that's about it. I'm trying to maintain a low carb level so I tend to stay away from fruit for the most part.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I'm watching carbs too, mostly from berries and 1/2 apple.
    Today's been a good one, yay, sun back out, lots of errands & exercise.
    Had 2 eggs & pork chop, 1/2 apple at 8am, vitamins & water.
    Lunch was grilled chicken salad from chick filet, brought home and put lemon juice & homemade mayo as dressing.
    Green tea with lime.
    Finishing off the ribs and chicken tonite with spinach and squash w/onions, other half apple.
    Have done 2.5 miles on treadmill, about to go swimming and will TM more at 8pm.

Bejelly is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann1217 View Post
    Coconut milk is great, but it gives me gut issues (actually it's the guar gum). If you have trouble with guar gum but really want the creaminess in your coffee, give the "bulletproof" coffee a shot. You just blend the brewed coffee with coconut oil and ghee in a blender and it comes out with the consistency of a lattee. I'm hooked on it!
    Wow, that sounds awesome. How much coconut oil and ghee do you put in? 1 tbsp of both?
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    I usually only put 1 tsp. of each in. If you're IFing or just having the coffee instead of breakfast, than you could do 1 tbsp. of each, though. I love breakfast, however, so I keep it to 1 tsp. of each. Works for me!

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Day 6 (I want my chocolate!):

Breakfast: Coffee with coconut oil and ghee, an apple with 2 T. almond butter, bone broth.

Lunch: Salad with lettuce, grape tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, and lots of grass-fed ground beef.

Dinner: Braised short-rib with plantain fries, bowl of bone broth.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 6: Breakfast, leftover partial asparagus omelette (yesterdays was too big), half a leftover beef sausage, coffee with CM. Lunch was a leftover beef sausage, sliced into coins and dipped in chipotle mayo - yummy! Grape tomatos and two fresh apricots. After work: a natural pepperette, 4 large strawberries. Supper was a beef burger with avocado slices, onions, and coleslaw on the side. An apricot and tea this evening.

Hit a new low weight of 145.5 yesterday morning. Bounced back a bit to 146.5 this morning. Excellent compliance continues. Cookie tray hit the lunch table today, just as I was drinking my tea. I resisted. Whew!

Exercise: 2 hours of puttering around my garden, spreading mulch(LHT), weeding(squats).

MamaAdams is offline Member
    Day 6 went well
    B-2 fried eggs in bacon grease
    L-about 1 1/2 cups of watermelon
    D-8 oz steak with some carrots cooked in ghee (not sure if carrots are whole30 approved but 4 year old was asking for them and steak which he never wants so went with it)
    S-some more watermelon a couple of strawberries and some grapes.
    Thinking I went overboard with the fruit today but since I have had only 2 apples and some grapes since starting just couldn't pass it up.
    Movement was the normal housewife stuff-cleaning, bathing children, running after children, carrying children. Havent been running my ac so it has been between 85-90 degrees in the house so sweating a bunch.
    weighed this morning and have gone from 165lb to 161.8lb. Husband is coming home in 4 days and in 7 we will be taking our first ever overnight trip alone and am hoping to fit into my hot ass jeans by then, tried them on this morning and they were still to tight to be comfortable wearing for lengths of time.
    Good job everyone, I need some cooking tips from some of you because your meals sound amazing.

Bejelly is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann1217 View Post
    I usually only put 1 tsp. of each in. If you're IFing or just having the coffee instead of breakfast, than you could do 1 tbsp. of each, though. I love breakfast, however, so I keep it to 1 tsp. of each. Works for me!
    I normally have a Breve as my lunch so I'll try the tsp. first but might up it. Thank you for sharing today was tough without it and I'm clarifying some butter as I type.
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast