Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 19

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Bejelly View Post
    I'm a little late but can I join in? I'll start with today's food

B 2 eggs + 3 slices of bacon + 1 decaf cafe latte with HWC
    L left over flat iron cooked in coconut oil with mushrooms and red onions + a piece of raw cheese
    S 3 pieces of 85% dark chocolate - ops
    D - grilled steak with low carb zucchini fries

Is dairy Ok on this?
    A whole 30 is essentially 30 days of strict paleo eating. No grains, legumes, dairy, sugar, sugar substitutes, etc. You can review the program here:

The Whole30 Program | Whole9 | Let us change your life.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Uh oh, I wasn't supposed to weigh.. I could tell my panties were so much looser I just had to jump on.
    Also, I can't drink my delish green tea w/out 1 tiny pkg of stevia, it doesn't make me want sugar or sugary foods.
    Sugar never been my problem, bread, potato chips, cereal the biggest culprits, I was sandwich queen, miss 'em still.
    Also still do a little dairy, 1 TBS cream in coffee I can't give up, but used to drink probably 3 cups skim milk daily.

Bejelly is offline Junior Member
    Wowza, well I'm sure this will help me get back on track with my weight loss. I wonder how ghee tastes in coffee.
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

MamaAdams is offline Member
    Had a pretty good day today. I noticed that this month my TOM only lasted 2 days, usually it isn't long about 3-4 days but with how light it was and how quickly it went away makes this whole 30 worth it. Also noticed that constipation I had been having on primal with dairy and chocolate has gone away quickly. Sorry if this is tmi but it is 2 things that I have noticed and really enjoy. clothes are fitting better and am thinking about weighing in on sunday the 10th because that is when my husband is getting home from being away at work for 40 days. So here is what I ate

BF 3 eggs
    L Avocado with salsa and sprouts
    S small organic cameo apple
    d pretty hungry so I had 2 pork loin chops and a serving of broccoli
    Thinking if I get hungry before bead I will probably have a handfull of almonds.

I ordered a bountiful basket, Bountiful Baskets Blog, yesturday and can't wait till Saturday to pick it up, also can't wait to go grocery shopping on friday, I think I will pick up a few small things for snacks tomorrow because the food is getting sparse, or at least the food that my kids and I (husband loves processed things so we have a pantry full of hamburger helper and ramen noodles) will be eating. Oh the organic grass fed ground beef is on sale at sprouts starting tomorrow for $3:69 lb so going to buy at least 10lbs (its usually 7.99lb). Feeling great and sleeping better.

MamaAdams is offline Member
    Just checked the GF beef is actually 3.97lb which is still good and I will still buy like 10lbs

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Day 5

Breakfast (8:50 am)
    coffee w/coconut milk
    can of Wild Planet albacore tuna, homemade paleo mayo, diced celery, diced carrot, diced onion, lots of raw baby spinach

Snack
    Handful of raw macadamia nuts

Lunch (noon)
    Apple w/almond butter
    Water

Snack
    Handful of raw macadamia nuts

Dinner (5:30)
    3 pasture-raised eggs scrambled in coconut oil with onions and bell peppers
    4 Applegate Farms pre-cooked chicken apple sausage (minimally processed)
    Water

Dessert (9:45 pm)
    Bowl of organic blueberries and banana slices drizzled with coconut milk

Vitamins
    3 Omega-3s
    2 D3s

WOD
    TKD class, with kicking drills and four rounds of sparring. Whew. (Had my fruit dessert after the class!)

Meh, I'm still quite tired. And my gosh, I couldn't remember one of the basic tae kwon do forms! I swear, it went clear out of my head. I hope this is low-cab flu (really: no-grain flu), because if not, yikes. Fingers crossed my energy will return soonish. Meanwhile, my pants have gotten looser, which is very nice indeed.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Oh, regarding dairy and fruit on a Whole 30:

DAIRY: Nope; we're supposed to be dairy-free. Exceptions are ghee (clarified butter). I've found that some coconut milk (canned, not the stuff in the carton, which tends to be sweetened) in black coffee can be quite tasty.

FRUIT: Enjoy. Some fruits are higher in sugar than others, and some are healthier than others. Blueberries (organic, local is preferable) are pretty fantastic for you. Bananas are very good after a tough workout. Many people restrict their fruit for various reasons. My thinking is that for the Whole 30, my goals are already pretty big (no grains, no sugar, minimally processed foods, no dairy, no alcohol), so further restricting my fruit intake (and my nut intake) would make me very unhappy. So I'm eating the fruit I want.

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Today went well, except for a prune pig out. Big mistake buying prunes and thinking I could just eat a couple. Lesson learned.

Breakfast. Black coffee

Lunch. Two slices wobbly bacon with tomato slices and homemade mayo. A mixed salad of beets, artichokes, red onions, and hard cooked eggs topped with EVOO.

ran a bunch of errands, finished the grocery shopping and had my prune run in. I think I ate 10-12 small prunes, oh, and a handful of raisins.

Dinner 2 Italian sausages, pan fried eggplant, green beans, ghee and marinara. Shredded coconut for dessert.

Exercise. Walking with friends at a nature preserve, afternoon dog walk and a 25 minute bedtime dog walk.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bejelly View Post
    Wowza, well I'm sure this will help me get back on track with my weight loss. I wonder how ghee tastes in coffee.
    Try coconut milk in coffee. Different taste, but the "creaminess" is there.

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Coconut milk is great, but it gives me gut issues (actually it's the guar gum). If you have trouble with guar gum but really want the creaminess in your coffee, give the "bulletproof" coffee a shot. You just blend the brewed coffee with coconut oil and ghee in a blender and it comes out with the consistency of a lattee. I'm hooked on it!

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast