Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 17

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 4

8:00 coffee with my hubby
    11:30. Chicken tikka masala made with hwc. This is what happens when planning doesn't happen. Also big pile of steamed broccoli. Coffee
    4:00. 2-3 strawberries with a couple tablespoons of shredded coconut plus coffee
    6:00. Totally awesome dinner. 3 eggs scrambled with bacon and lots of onions and summer squash. Baked sweet potato with ghee and cinnamon.

Exercise. Mall walking, 20 minute dog walk, plus will take dogs out again tonight for another 20-25 minutes.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Day 4: B: Smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, spinach, coconut milk, a raw egg, but of water. Coffee with coconut milk (CM).
    L: two chicken thighs, fried in ghee, cold, cut into fingers, dipped into Smoking Stampede Mayo. Radishes and red pepper strips. Blackberries, tea. S: Honey mustard pork loin from the crockpot, asparagus, tea. And now 2 fresh apricots and peppermint tea after being out all evening. I'm exhausted!! Off to bed...

islandwahine is offline Member
    Just wanted to say keep up the good work everyone! This is my first time doing whole30 and so far it's been great...Ate out yesterday at wholefoods.Got me a BAS with pork & pineapple. So yummy! As for my workout I'm doing P90X/ insanity hybrid..I know it's got chronic cardio all over it but i'm tweaking it so it's not an hour long. I just want to keep myself accountable.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Day 4

Coffee w/coconut milk
    3 pasture-raised eggs scrambled in coconut oil, with onion, garlic, bell pepper, mushroom
    2 Bilinski chicken sausages (minimally processed)

Apple
    Almond butter

Handful macadamias

Large banana, 1/2 pint blueberries, 4 strawberries w/some coconut milk

Handful macadamias

oolong tea

leftover veal chop w/leeks and sauteed mushrooms (from Day 2)
    BAS of romaine, spinach, bell pepper and cucumber

Handful macadamias

1/2 pint blueberries w/some coconut milk

Vitamins: 3 fish oils (3,000 g) and 2 Vitamin D3 (10,000 IU)

WOD: 40 min w/sadistic personal trainer. Did some cardio w/dumbbells. Hated it. Finding a different trainer.

I know I ate too much yesterday, but man, I was DRAGGING. Utterly exhausted. Took two naps. Blerg. Today, I woke up with my left knee hurting and my back aching. Yeah, I'm not doing that cardio/dumbbell thing again. Emailed a local personal trainer who does weightlifting; hope to hear back soon. Meanwhile the zero-grain/sugar flu sucks. When will my coffeepot beep???

_sarah_ is offline Junior Member
    Ouch, Jackie! Cardio with dumbells...sounds intense! Hope you're feeling better

So, day four:

12.30: Lunch out - not a great deal of choice on the menu, so I ended up with a caeser salad. It had lots of bacon, smoked salmon, and two poached eggs, so it was YUM! Got it without the croutons and sauce, but sadly they did grate parmesan over it. Oops. Have I failed the whole30?

4.00: Snack. Prosciutto and rockmelon.

8.00: Pork baked with capsicum and rockmelon, with a little coconut milk and some olive oil, on a bed of steamed spinach. Kind of a weird recipe, but it was tasty! Wanted to make apricot chicken to satisfy the sweet cravings I was battling all afternoon, but didn't have apricot or chicken haha.

Other: black coffee, earl grey tea with lemon, lemon/ginger tea.

Exercise: biked 9km, yoga class. First one for a while, and man it was good!

So I guess pretty pleased with today. Super pleased overall! This is really keeping me motivated. And, like a few people have mentioned, I'm already noticing results...lost a bit of, I assume, water weight, so looking a little more toned around the belly - yay! And, today I put on my skinny jeans and they felt normal and well-fitted, unlike the soul-crushing squeeze it took to get into them last week. Fantastic!

Keep up the good work guys

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Every time I eliminate alcohol I feel more toned and less bloaty in a matter of days. I don't even find it hard to drop the wine with dinner, even though I think it's going to SUCK! Maybe I won't reintroduce this time!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Day 4:

B:
    4 Jone's All Natural Fully Cooked Mild sausage links
    2 boiled eggs
    vitamins

L:
    2 bbq chicken drumsticks
    asparagus
    sweet potato fries

D:
    Pastured pork chop
    Peas in the pod with ghee
    carrots with ghee, garlic greens and parsley

S: 3 raspberries

Drinks:
    3 bottles Lipton Unsweetened tea

Movement: not much.

In 4 days I have lost 3 lbs. I'm sure it's water and will start to stabilize before the 30 days is up, but I'm happy to see it go. I'm happy to feed my body foods it needs to be healthy and happy so that it's content to shed the extra pounds.

Forgot to POAS this morning to check for ketosis, but I'm sure it's present considering the headache I've got. It's a mild "background noise" kind of headache. More of an annoyance than an actual painful experience.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quote Originally Posted by _sarah_ View Post
    Ouch, Jackie! Cardio with dumbells...sounds intense! Hope you're feeling better
    Hee. Thanks. I just ordered the New Rules of Weightlifting for Women.

Quote Originally Posted by _sarah_ View Post
    So I guess pretty pleased with today. Super pleased overall! This is really keeping me motivated. And, like a few people have mentioned, I'm already noticing results...lost a bit of, I assume, water weight, so looking a little more toned around the belly - yay! And, today I put on my skinny jeans and they felt normal and well-fitted, unlike the soul-crushing squeeze it took to get into them last week. Fantastic!

Keep up the good work guys
    Wonderful stuff, Sarah! You're doing great.

collegeprimalgirl is offline Junior Member
    ugh low carb flu today, either that or i'm getting sick.....but anyway
    DAY 4:

B: 2 bites strawberry donut (it was from the strawberry festival and totally not worth it)
    Banana Lara Bar
    L: BAS with chicken cucumber, tomato, peppers, hard boiled egg, olive oil, and champagne vinegar ( I forgot to pack my lunch and can't handle salad with just EVOO)
    D: Sweet potato fries, Tuna Steak sashimi, and cucumber salad in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

Keep up the great work everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1217 View Post
    Every time I eliminate alcohol I feel more toned and less bloaty in a matter of days. I don't even find it hard to drop the wine with dinner, even though I think it's going to SUCK! Maybe I won't reintroduce this time!
    That's great, Ann! I'm also finding the lack of wine easy to manage this time around. Rah us!

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast