Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 16

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaB View Post
    Also I have a question about coffee. This is a HUGE challenge for me not to have cream in my coffee and notice people are talking about caffeine, are we supposed to be giving up caffeine also???? I have cut down to 1/2 decaf and now am drinking that black (ugh) but wonder if we are supposed to be 100% decaf black coffee????
    I love my coffee. I may go make a pot now.

While I'm used to drinking it black with no sugar, I've found that adding some coconut milk (canned, not the stuff in a carton, which is usually sweetened) makes it taste super. Maybe give that a shot?

And mine is 100% leaded. I couldn't imagine going decaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann1217 View Post
    Good for you! The Whole 30 is not about restricting your intake of food, it's just about focusing on the quality of your food, so that's what you should do! If you want some fruit, have some fruit!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    have you considered bulletproof coffee? I hear people really like it.
    I think that you have to use butter in the bulletproof coffee. Wonder if it would work with ghee?

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I've seen people use coconut oil instead of butter.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Bulletproof coffee uses grass fed butter AND coconut oil (or MCT oil). You can substitute the butter with ghee to make it whole 30 approved. That's what I do. I don't do 3 TBS of each, though, because I'm not subbing it for breakfast and the idea of drinking that much oil just grosses me out. I usually use a heaping tsp of each and throw it all in the blended and blend away. It's delicious!!!

TLoRu is offline Senior Member
    Completely loving this so far. The coffee has been my challenge as well! Im used to a bit of creamer everyday! this morning I added cinnamon into it. It wasn't too bad- I've had worse! I'm gonna try the coconut milk in the can next so well see.

Im not trying to lose a crazy amount of weight though, Just the nagging 5-8 lbs around my belly! I think eliminating the dairy and being more strict on the whole30 should do the trick! Plus this board is keeping me on track!!! Thanks guys

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I've never loved omelets as I do now. This morning, warmed up some ghee and EVOO and sautéed broc, yellow squash, red pepper & shallots, all organic, cooked a few mins, poured 2 "dirty feet" brown chicken eggs over and cooked a few more minutes. Sooooo good and filling, didn't need anything else but filtered water and vitamin.

Lunch was cold chicken I'd grilled over the w/e, 1 thigh, 2 legs, arugula, toms & cukes, lemon juice over everything, green tea.

Just now, 6pm, finished din din, hamburger patty & onions, sautéed spinach with parm, coleslaw w/homemade mayo, damn delish.

Will have some strawberries and cream later. Going good, guys, how u doing??

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Day 4:

Breakfast: Coffee with 1 tsp. coconut oil and 1 tsp. ghee, 2.5 breakfast sausages

Lunch: 2 hardboiled eggs, leftover parsnip puree, topped with pork rinds from the lard that I rendered earlier today. YUM! And kept me full until dinner (I actually wasn't that hungry, but ate anyway).

Dinner: Salmon sashimi, yellowtail sashimi, sweet potato "fries" (roasted with some lard), salad with tomatoes and balsamic vinaigrette. About a cup of cherries for dessert.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    My diet is:

3 boiled eggs, half avocado + 1 can of various fish

lunch piece of fruit + half avocado or some coconut oil

Dinner 300-500g of various meat+3 zuchinni's+3-4 yellow squashes+2-3 pieces pumpkin

Haven't done a calorie count on my deit yet, it'd be on the lower side i gues but i just want to try and improve my gut with this whole 30/gaps diet. Which means i am avoiding most whole 30 things apart from eggs but i am exluding starches even safe ones

That's basically my goal, dont have any addictions (sugar cravings etc etc) and no weight loss plans (need weight gain actually). Will hopefully start weightlifting again as soon as i adjust my energy levels which have improved.

Hardest things to go without are rice and nightshades but at least no noticeable joint pains so that's good and improvement i believe.
    Last edited by zizou; 06-04-2012 at 05:10 PM.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have a headache and that's not cool. Is it carb flu or sugar withdrawal? Hard telling. I'll pee on a ketostick tomorrow and see if it could be carb flu.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast