Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 15

Gingerhawk is offline Junior Member
    Chia seeds! I just bought some after a friend was raving, and had them for an evening snack. I soaked a tablespoon in coconut juice and crunched/drank them down. Wow. Stomach was happy and settled all night. Just had some more to help me put off lunch a little while. Very effective.

Anyone else tried chia?

kmariella is offline Junior Member
    Hi friends!

I'm super excited about whole 30 in June! Today is my first day so I'm few days behind you but am going to be counting 30 days. All I'm thinking now is that it might be hard for me to stop smoking, but I want to quit so this is the perfect time.. I've had one sigarette this morning and am super dedicated to quit so.. no smoking tomorrow!

Good luck to us all!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the quitting smoking! It can be done! And if you're dedicated and commited to quitting, it isn't as difficult as you would think. Much like giving up sugar or caffeine (but without the headaches). I quit twice (an intensely stressful time in my life convinced me that one or two would be ok... but one or two quickly became a pack a day habit again so I had to quit a second time). I've been smoke free now for 4 years.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    If you have a ton of trouble quitting cold turkey, try nicotine gum. It worked for me! Every now and then I'd relapse, so to speak, and the gum always helped me get off those evil sticks. Give it a shot!

silverfox is offline Junior Member
    Well, despite being gone all weekend cooking for 70 people (the cast of a musical) I did a good job of sticking to my food choices. My diet was lower protein than normal with more fruit but I'm not going to split hairs. I confess I feel like I'm cheating a bit by being gluten intolerant. I've actually been off most grains my entire life. What I'm really giving up for this challenge is coffee, alcohol, sugar, rice, and corn. As usual the sugar is the challenging one. I take my hat off to all you people who are giving up grains that you're used to eating. Plus are being tempted with foods they aren't allergic to.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    One of my problems is that I tend to take on too much all at once. As my Loving Husband reminded me: losing weight and eating healthier are two distinct goals. There may be overlap for a while, but they are two different things.

Keeping this in mind, I'm not going to watch my fruit/nut intake and watch my snacking while I'm also doing Whole 30. At least, not until I A) kick the low-carb flu (my God I am SOOOOOO SLEEPY) and B) get used to eating more protein/bigger meals. It's enough -- for me -- that I'm grain-free, dairy-free, alcohol-free and sugar-free, while keeping my processed foods to a minimum (and choosing as minimally processed foods as possible -- say, uncured bacon). And this is on top of switching to a PB way of fitness. To also restrict my snacking and my fruit and my nuts is too much for me right now.

So hey: if we're not perfect, that's OK! The Whole 30 isn't about being perfect (thank God). It's about eating cleaner. The snacking/fruit/nut thing can come later. Maybe. Or not.

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    One of my problems is that I tend to take on too much all at once. As my Loving Husband reminded me: losing weight and eating healthier are two distinct goals. There may be overlap for a while, but they are two different things.

Keeping this in mind, I'm not going to watch my fruit/nut intake and watch my snacking while I'm also doing Whole 30. At least, not until I A) kick the low-carb flu (my God I am SOOOOOO SLEEPY) and B) get used to eating more protein/bigger meals. It's enough -- for me -- that I'm grain-free, dairy-free, alcohol-free and sugar-free, while keeping my processed foods to a minimum (and choosing as minimally processed foods as possible -- say, uncured bacon). And this is on top of switching to a PB way of fitness. To also restrict my snacking and my fruit and my nuts is too much for me right now.

So hey: if we're not perfect, that's OK! The Whole 30 isn't about being perfect (thank God). It's about eating cleaner. The snacking/fruit/nut thing can come later. Maybe. Or not.
    Good for you! The Whole 30 is not about restricting your intake of food, it's just about focusing on the quality of your food, so that's what you should do! If you want some fruit, have some fruit!

LeaB is offline Member
    Hi All,
    I have been lurking for a couple days and am on day 2 myself with a late start. I have been pretty paleo for a year or so but still not losing the weight I would like and am sure it is because I am over the line with coffee and cream (way too much consumed per day), alcohol (wine and spirits- I did give up beer) and chocolate (85-90%). I know these things are 'allowed' but I must be over doing as I have only lost about 6 pounds in a year with no grains, very little processed foods and therefore little sugar. I feel I am quite strict on paleo except for these three things- which I have thought 'not going to give THAT up entirely' so far. But as I really want to get this weight off, and I feel I have been patient and focusing on changing my lifestyle but not losing weight, I decided to go all out and be VERY STRICT on the whole 30 NO CHEATING AT ALL and see if I can lose weight. (I have a good 20 to lose).

anywhooo, just wanted to say that I am on board and have never gone more than 3 days without chocolate and I am on day two right now.

Also I have a question about coffee. This is a HUGE challenge for me not to have cream in my coffee and notice people are talking about caffeine, are we supposed to be giving up caffeine also???? I have cut down to 1/2 decaf and now am drinking that black (ugh) but wonder if we are supposed to be 100% decaf black coffee????

thanks

Caffeine is optional, I believe. I drink black tea daily as my primary source of fluids and won't change. it's just flavored water, afterall. I think you're ok to keep your coffee, but I do know it has to be black and unsweetened.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    have you considered bulletproof coffee? I hear people really like it.

Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast