Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 13

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Oh really? I thought it was a no go because it can be rather allergenic? That's great news otherwise, because the diet ain't all that hard provided i can keep eggs

dana_leigh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    Oh really? I thought it was a no go because it can be rather allergenic? That's great news otherwise, because the diet ain't all that hard provided i can keep eggs
    some find it helpful to keep out eggs, but it's not "required". and no, the diet isn't that hard at all (imo). i've pretty much kept it (with rare cheats) since an entirely no-cheat w30 in jan.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Soudns good, i'll see how i go for the month, i am most hopeful of tolerating nightshades better. However i had some joint pains in my fingers prior to starting which could either be a cold weather connection, or the fact i had consumed nightshades in a similiar time frame. So i'm hopeful of identifying if they really do trigger symptoms and find a safe tolerable level of consumption.

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    I'm gonna join even though it's the 4th already. I had a cheat day today with wheat-based junk and alcohol, it all tasted so bland and my gut feels awful now! Have had rhinitis for a few days too, possibly because I've been too liberal with the dairy.

So, no alcohol or wheat, that's fairly easy. No dairy and chocolate - a bit harder. No caffeine? Perhaps impossible but I'll give it a try, replacing my morning coffees with some gota kola tea. Also, big doses of probiotic supplements.

I am DONE with feeling rubbish!!!
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Day 3

Breakfast coffee with left over chicken, raspberries with shredded coconut and walnuts

Lunch big pile of baby Italian broccoli, left over chicken, 2 big handfuls of blueberries

Snack 2-3 little fresh apricots from the farmers market

Dinner. Best steak ever. Pan fried in ghee with lots of onions, mushrooms, chilies and bacon. 2-3 strawberries

Exercise. I had to pee about half a dozen times during my sons baseball tournament. The bathroom was about a block away. Also, walked my dogs 40 minutes tonight. My new dog is still learning the drill, so I had 150 total pounds of dog to deal with. Can't wait til she gets settled in.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Day 3

Food/Beverage

10:30 am
    1 can Wild Planet albacore tuna w/dill, black pepper, fresh celery and fresh onion; 1 T paleo mayo; BAS of romaine, cucumber and bell pepper; 1/2 gala apple
    Coffee (black, unsweetened)

3 pm
    1 handful raw macadamias
    1 small handful raw hazelnuts
    1 large banana

oolong tea

5:30 pm
    2 Applegate Farms Super Natural Uncured Beef Hot Dogs
    1 T sauerkraut
    spicy brown mustard
    1/2 bell pepper
    leftover homemade meatballs (from Day 1) with leftover sauce and spaghetti squash

9:15 pm
    4 strawberries
    a little coconut milk

WOD
    Walked 3 miles in 1 hour around the neighborhood.

I definitely didn't eat enough for brunch; by mid-afternoon, I was famished. I made sure to eat more at dinner -- I could have stopped with the hot dogs, but I still felt a bit hungry. And the strawberries/coconut milk was because darn it, I wanted something sweet. It was delicious.

_sarah_ is offline Junior Member
    Hi guys

Day three:

Actually, day three turned out to be a run-on from day two: a project I've been working on (due today) ran into some last-minute problems and I was up all night fixing them very frowned-upon primal move, I know, but it was an emergency!

So, I can add an extra meal of 'food eaten in the middle of the night last night':

2 eggs, 2 bananas, a kiwi - again with the way too much fruit! Fortunately that was the last of my bananas, so the problem is half solved

Breakfast: four eggs (starving!)

Lunch: bas - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, capsicum, mushrooms, seaweed, salmon, with drizzles of olive oil, coconut milk, and lemon juice - yum!

Dinner - four small squid stuffed with mushroom, onion, garlic, ginger, coconut milk. Zucchini and carrots on the side.

Other: two black coffees, no sugar or milk. One kiwi.

Exercise: fail. But, I did walk around all day at work. Side note: I work in a bakery, and resisting all the grain and sugar filled treats for two shifts in a row is a major achievement! I'm finding this whole 30 really motivating

I do have a question, though- probably a stupid one. I've never gone dairy free before, though, and I'm curious: where are we supposed to be getting our calcium from? Obviously 'other foods', but which? Thanks in advance!

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Day 3:

Breakfast: 2.5 breakfast sausages from the farmers market, a cup of strawberries.

Lunch: braised oxtail, parsnip puree, a cup of cherries.

Dinner (at a friend's): Grilled steak and zucchini. Had to deny wine, cheese, white potatoes, and ice cream. Lots of fun.

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Anyone else utterly exhausted? Stupid low-carb flu...

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been eating a lot of fruit and starchy veggies (probably too much fruit), so no low carb flu for me!

Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast