Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 12

Gingerhawk is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Headache!! I've been no-carb for a few days now and have a dull but persistent ache. Other than that, I feel pretty good and not too hungry. But it's so hard to get work done and I'm on deadline! Tempted to medicate with caffeine . . . but I gave that up 3 mos ago.

Made an awesome lunch today -- yellow onion and bokchoy sauteed in coconut oil. Added some Indian curry paste and ground beef. When it was all cooked, poured coconut cream over it all. Yum.

Breakfast was a smoothie with 1/4 avocado, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, huge handful of spinach, protein powder and enough coconut juice to make it drinkable.

I'm doing this on my own, while my kids and husband eat healthy, but the usual spectrum. I'd love some cheerleading! Anyone?

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    To everyone who's Whole 30ing this month - YOU ROCK! **waves pom poms**

And hey, I found that this is actually pretty tasty: Applegate Farm's Super Natural Uncured Beef Hot Dog. My family had the standard dogs (Hebrew National), and I had two of the Applegate Farms dogs, with sauerkraut and spicy mustard. Very yummy! Here are the ingredients: Beef, Water, Contains Less Than 2% Of The Following: Sea Salt, Paprika, Dehydrated Onion, Spices [Black Pepper, Coriander, Mace, Nutmeg], Nutmeg Oil, Celery Powder.

Yeah, it's processed, but very minimally processed -- and I know what all of the ingredients are. Good enough for me!

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhawk View Post
    Headache!! I've been no-carb for a few days now and have a dull but persistent ache.
    Gingerhawk, do you mean no-grain? Because you're totally allowed to have carbs on Whole 30: all the veggies you want, and fruits! Yay, fruits! (Loving Husband laughed when I told him how sweet a gala apple was. And it was!)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have been so good. I am proud of myself!

Today:

Meal 1:
    2 eggs fried in bacon grease
    2 servings nitrate/nitrite free uncured bacon

Meal 2:
    1 pkg nitrate/nitrite free turkey breast slices
    handful of cherries

Meal 3:
    2 chicken legs grilled with bbq (ok, the bbq breaks the rules, but I haven't found a primal version I like yet)
    asparagus spears grilled with olive oil and sea salt
    sweet potato fries baked with coconut oil and cinnamon

Drinks: lots and lots and lots of iced tea. I haven't drank milk in probably 3 weeks but today I have been craving it pretty good. Been behaved and haven't drank any.

Movement: went fishing with my son and husband, went grocery shopping, walked around with a bottle of weed killer and killed a bunch of weeds, planted some seeds. Oh, and coughed up a lung or two. All in all, a good day.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Gingerhawk is offline Junior Member

no-grain

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Gingerhawk, do you mean no-grain? Because you're totally allowed to have carbs on Whole 30: all the veggies you want, and fruits! Yay, fruits! (Loving Husband laughed when I told him how sweet a gala apple was. And it was!)
    Yes, thanks. No-grain. I'm also eating an apple right now and OH, it is delicious.

I've been gluten free for years, and decided to go Paleo on Memorial Day. Then I saw the Whole30 and thought that would be a good challenge. I didn't think cutting out grains would be so drastic since I was already gluten-free. But my head aches!

MamaAdams is offline Member
    Day 3 has gone great, even though I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night due to my dd deciding to wake upt at midnight and stay up to 5:30. I was very surprised at my energy level. So here goes
    Breakfest
    3 fried eggs fried in bacon grease

Skipped lunch

Snack
    Small Cameo apple

Diner
    Chicken thigh with sauteed Cabbage (sauteed in bacon grease)

Thinking after the kiddos go to bed I will have a salad with some of the leftover chicken, romain, avocado, salsa and sprouts.

Movement
    Cleaning like a crazy lady as my husband would say. Vaccumed, swept, moped, washed one of my couches with the carpet cleaner, dishes, toy round up. Also pushed huge carts around lowes and home depot looking for an all natural aphid killer.
    Plus note, Aphids are now dead and I don't have to worry about my kids getting cancer from what I used.

I am so glad that I am logging on and posting because it is really helping me stay accountable. Thanks Everyone and keep up the awsome work.

dana_leigh is offline Senior Member
    hello there, just scanning the MDA new posts and didn't read this one from the start (so sorry if this has been said already). have you checked the whole30 forum at the whole9 site? (Whole9)

i did my first whole30 with the support of an MDA thread (so can attest that it can be great). but overall (taking the forum as a whole, not with regards to individual threads), i'd say the whole9/30 forum is a way friendlier place--even though i continue to value Mark S's regular posts greatly. anyway, worth checking out. it's an Entire Forum dedicate to w30, after all. cheers, dana

I'm in, been eating like crap this past week. Need this to get my ass back in gear!

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Just realised i'm pretty much in. Been on GAPS diet, which is pretty much Whole 30. I think my body has acclimatised and is running on whatever i feed it. Just to confirm we can have fruits and squashes right? Pumpkin, zuchinni, squash, rutabaga etc?

Although i have eggs daily....dame i really don't know how i'll manage without those. Thing is i think i tolerate them well so i wonder if its the one variable i can leave in.

dana_leigh is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by zizou View Post
    Just realised i'm pretty much in. Been on GAPS diet, which is pretty much Whole 30. I think my body has acclimatised and is running on whatever i feed it. Just to confirm we can have fruits and squashes right? Pumpkin, zuchinni, squash, rutabaga etc?

Although i have eggs daily....dame i really don't know how i'll manage without those. Thing is i think i tolerate them well so i wonder if its the one variable i can leave in.
    eggs are w30 ok (as are the other things you mentioned).

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast