Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Whole 30 for June page 10

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Day 1: Bacon and eggs, coffee with coconut milk (CM), black coffee mid morning. BAS with avocado and tuna in EVOO for lunch, with blackberries and tea. Supper was 2 boneless chicken thighs sauteed in ghee with pepper strips and spinach, wilted in the pan drippings. Delicious. Then my Friday night martini - my intentional cheat. It's an unwinding ritual with hubby - I won't give it up. But it's free of all grains, legumes, sugars, sweeteners, all the bad stuff. Pure alcohol and two olives.

Supper at a Chinese restaurant tonight with friends. Will be challenging!
    Marthat - I haven't tried tuna with avocado and EVOO -- that sounds great! I was going to make a batch of paleo mayo, but this sounds tasty (and much easier!) -- did you do anything to the avocado? Mash it w/the tuna? Or was it strips/chunks? How much EVOO?

As for Chinese tonight...maybe stick to steamed veggies, avoid the tofu, and drink lots of oolong tea?

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member
    Day 1:

Breakfast: Coffee blended with 1 tsp. ghee and 1 tsp. coconut oil. Ground beef with spices, scrambled egg with sauteed onion, and 1/2 an avocado.

Lunch: Salmon sashimi and salmon naruto (salmon and avocado with roe wrapped in seaweed and cucumber) with coconut aminos, sweet potato with butter.

Dinner: Grass-fed ribeye, asparagus, and japanese sweet potato (all grilled - it was gorgeous out). All followed by a lot of cherries.

Exercise: 90 minute hot yoga class, CrossFit WOD

apple is offline Senior Member
    Day 1 movement: vacuuming entire apartment, blocking laaaarge knitted items.

food: wasn't particularly hungry, so I just made egg drop soup (chicken stock, salt, eggs, ginger, chives) for lunch. Had some leftover chicken thighs for dinner. Will be eating and moving waayyy more today

Went to a movie last night, and aaaalmost broke down when DH went to buy popcorn, but he came back with caramel popcorn, and I was like, "okayyyy that's disgusting. PASS." Also took a jar of water kefir in my purse to last me through the movie.
    Type 1 Diabetic. Controlling blood sugar through primal life.

2012 Goals:
    Maintain A1c of 6.0 or lower
    More dietary fat, less carbs, moderate protein
    LHT and sprint as per PB fitness
    Play more!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Day 1 was a success until bed when I started coughing so hard I hurt my throat which just made me cough harder. So, I took two spoonfuls of honey to soothe my throat.

Yesterday:

Breakfast:
    4 sausage links
    3/4 - 1 cup sauerkraut
    Copious vitamins

Lunch:
    Baked chicken breast and thigh with skin
    Steamed carrots
    Steamed green beans
    Mix of strawberries, grapes, watermelon and pineapple

Dinner:
    6 Eat Like a Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets
    Grapes

Movement: walking from one fridge to the other moving food items from old fridge to new. Making dinner and cleaning up kitchen.

And I know we're not supposed to weigh until day 30, but I'm a daily weigher. I have lost 1 lb and some change since yesterday. Won't be disappointed if THAT keeps up! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

islandwahine is offline Member
    Day 1
    Breakfast: 3 eggs, 3 slices of bacon & water
    Snack: carrot sticks
    Dinner: Salmon, cauliflower rice with bacon and zucchini

Movement: slow walking with my son

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    Day 2

Withdrawal is not as bad as I was expecting - so feeling great with a bit of a niggling headache rather than a full blown migraine type head that I was expecting.

Lunch
    Chicken Salad

Dinner
    Bacon joint, Broccoli
    Berries

Lots of Water

Swam for 30 mins

day 2 done -- on to day 3.
    1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
    Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Day 1 movement: vacuuming entire apartment, blocking laaaarge knitted items.
    OOOHHH!! Whatcha knitting??

Quote Originally Posted by JackieKessler View Post
    Marthat - I haven't tried tuna with avocado and EVOO -- that sounds great! I was going to make a batch of paleo mayo, but this sounds tasty (and much easier!) -- did you do anything to the avocado? Mash it w/the tuna? Or was it strips/chunks? How much EVOO?

As for Chinese tonight...maybe stick to steamed veggies, avoid the tofu, and drink lots of oolong tea?
    I add a whole avocado and a tin of the Yellowfin Tuna in EVOO (Cloverleaf or similar - 85g tin) to a salad with celery salt and pepper sprinkled over. Avocado is sliced in half, then diced in the half shell and scooped out. Tuna is dumped in oil and all. Replace lid and shake (blends the oil through and sort of partially mashes the avocado for added creaminess. Sometimes the salad is based on baby spinach or sometimes simply a large tomato diced up.

Day 2: Ate all three meals out! Breakfast at Farmer's Market - 3 egg and peameal bacon "parfait" with bruchetta mix over it. Lunch was at an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant - ate salad, sashimi, short ribs (a bit sweet), teriyaki salmon (also a bit sweet) and two hand rolls with most of the rice dug out. Not perfect, but pretty good. Supper was a German restaurant, trout with an almond sauce, no potatoes and double veggies. Black decaf coffee for "dessert". Pretty good day, given the circumstances...

CaveCanem is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 2

Breakfast coffee

10:00 4 Deviled egg halves
    11:00 grilled hamburger patty with mustard, 1 cup blueberries with melted ghee shredded coconut and cinnamon
    6:00. Roast chicken, roast sweet potato and watermelon. Not bad for a cookout. Didn't consider eating the chips, wine, cake,etc. still ate more than I would have liked and feel stuffed.

Exercise dog walk

Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast