Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Done with Insanity page

dragonjax is offline Senior Member

Done with Insanity

Primal Fuel
    So I thought that I'd give Insanity a go -- yes, I know, chronic cardio. But I thought it would up my endurance in tae kwon do. Well, after 15 days, yes, my endurance has gone up -- but so has my weight and my inches. And I still don't look forward to the workouts. Meh. Done. All done. On the bright side, now when I sprint, it really shouldn't be any problem.

Back to TPB for fitness. Will go walking later, and will call my gym to see if any of the instructors there are willing to private weightlifting lessons.

I guess the insanity has passed...

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Chronic cardio? I thought these workouts were short, like 30 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    Chronic cardio? I thought these workouts were short, like 30 minutes?
    Averaged 40 minutes for the first month. But the catch is the workouts are 3 minutes of very high intensity, followed by 30-second rests, then 3 minutes of very high intensity, 30 seconds of rest, etc. Most of it -- including the warmups -- are intervals. Even the stretches are challenging. Massive stress on the knees/shins because of all the jumping.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    The warm up is harder than most workouts. My biggest problem with Insanity was my wrists... they would ache and ache.

I did the whole program and it gets you fit- I did Insanity then P90X and the cardio day of P90X felt like I was standing around.

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    The warm up is harder than most workouts. My biggest problem with Insanity was my wrists... they would ache and ache.

I did the whole program and it gets you fit- I did Insanity then P90X and the cardio day of P90X felt like I was standing around.
    Agreed about getting fit -- or, for me, at least, about building my endurance. But my right knee has begun to ache, and my back is getting a little unhappy with me. I think I've been stressing about the workouts, too, because I'd wake up thinking GOTTA EXERCISE NOW NOW NOW.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I am not an actual licensed fitness class teacher but I have the background (ie many years of classes etc) and did a lot Insanity type stuff last summer like a workout I just made up myself and did to music. ANYWAY yeah it quickly became chronic cardio and the results I got from it disappeared promptly after the first 2 months or so...... after Christmas I acutally got a mild injury like a pulled calf and said eff this when I realized hello I can't even run to get away from oncoming traffic at the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    ...and said eff this when I realized hello I can't even run to get away from oncoming traffic at the mall.
    **giggle**

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I actually think Insanity is great for conditioning. It's only 60 days and the actual workouts aren't extremely long even the second month max workouts aren't bad. It kicks your ass for sure but that's the whole point. It's not meant to be sustained for months on end. And I don't think it's half as bad as running/jogging on your knees.

The chronic cardio term is thrown around this board on anything/everything that isn't walking or sprinting.

Then maybe I'll try it again when I'm in better shape.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm excited - I just made an appointment with a trainer for a private session on weightlifting! Monday will be my first day. So goodbye, Insanity; hello, learning how to LHT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast