Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell me why sprints are better page 2

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My fitness test includes a 2-mile run. After about 6 months of walking and sprinting, I cut my time from ~16 minutes to less than 14 minutes, with never having actually run two miles that entire time. This was at a steady weight and diet from one test to the next, and that 16 minutes had been my approximate time for 6-7 years, ever since I busted up my knee.

pace2race is offline Senior Member
    It's just one important piece of the puzzle. Slow movement, which for a fit person could be jogging, is the base of the fitness pyramid. Doing one without the other, leaves you short of your potential. As for losing weight and fat, I agree that diet is 80% of success. It doesn't have to be all sprinting either. Do Tabatas with weights or exercise to compliment the sprinting. Just don't drop the slow, lower heart rate movement.

ryan54 is offline Member
    It's a high-intensity, full body movement.

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    If sprints on land bother you, do them in the water like I do.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveWeirdo View Post
    It's still difficult to get my head around though. My body feels knackered after my run today but my mind is still going - 'Surely running less than 3 miles per week isn't enough? Surely less than 15 minutes isn't a real exercise session?' Please share any evidence, anecdotal or scientific, for why sprinting is actually an awesome lifestyle hack, and not just wishful thinking?
    Dr. Mercola Interviews Doug McGuff about High Intensity Exercise - YouTube

Davidryan is offline Junior Member
    Well there is no doubt that sprints are beneficial exercise which not only increase your running capacity but also increase your stamina as well . Moreover, It is better to lose weight which is essential for increasing your energy and fitness level . Moreover, I would also be pleased to know from you about it .

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    If sprints on land bother you, do them in the water like I do.
    Or on the water. Jesus style.

noreaster is offline Junior Member
    I believe dr Doug mcguff says anaerobic work (like sprints?) is better because it can trigger cells to do their own aerobic work processing lactic acid for a couple of hours after your anaerobic work while you are resting/recovering.

OnlyBodyWeight is offline Senior Member

CaveWeirdo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Some great thoughts guy, thanks.

Sprints don't bother me, I enjoy them in a strange kind of way (more a psychological enjoyment than physical at this stage!). The thing that was bothering me was the thought that I might be slacking by doing less exercise!

I also forgot to mention that I am doing plenty of the slow stuff too. I don't drive so I walk many miles a week, but I don't really count it as exercise since it's normal to me. Us Brits seem to walk to get from A to B, much more than most Americans do. Even my fella who sold his car this week and had to walk to work for a few days, didn't complain about having to walk 3 extra miles each day, even though he walks a lot at work and hates walking recreationally.
    Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 05-31-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast