Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low fat chicken breast recipes page 2

Dhartanya is offline Junior Member
    I always like to top the chicken with crushed sundried tomatoes and feta cheese and then bake.
    Crushed roasted red peppers also work too with lots of feta.
    Last edited by Dhartanya; 05-29-2012 at 05:23 PM.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Mmm I like all these ideas. Keep them coming!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Make a Thom Ka (Coconut Thai Soup/Marinade). Or just wrap em in bacon, stuff inside a pasilla chile, season, and bake for about 30-40 minutes. Place em on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Deeeelish

katemary is offline Senior Member
    make primal fajitas...cut into strips, fry with onion and capsicum, add guac or cheese and wrap in lettuce leaves to eat. juicy!

Ehhhh I like those ideas, but they are full of fat :P Also I don't like Mexican food >_>

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    I often marinate them. So many options but for fat-free marinating I'll generally either marinate in lots of lemon juice for my son or lemon,garlic,thyme,shallots for my Dad. Also balsamic vinaigrette, lime and a few red pepper flakes are nice, too.

katemary is offline Senior Member
    Why are you worried about the fat?

Saw this on a cooking show yesterday and thought of this thread. The recipe was suggested as an answer to dry breasts. Butterfly the breast. Sautee some mushrooms in butter and thyme, then chop finely and add to ricotta to make a smooth paste to smother the breast. Roll the paste smeared breast in proscuitto then make a roulade by wrapping whole thing in clingfilm. Poach for 20 mins. You can then store in fridge for days and take it out to fry when you want to eat.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    So I'm going to go a little more serious with my cut and dialing back the fat a bit more to save calories. I purchased like 10lbs of chicken breast to help with this. Is there a way to make these not taste/feel like dry sock in my mouth? I've been giving them 5 min. frying on each side and I feel like this will get old quick.
    Yes, and it can be done VERY easily without adding fat.

Take aluminum foil, place the chicken breasts in the foil, salt and pepper them, toss a few slices of lemon on top and a sprig of rosemary. Completely wrap the chicken breast in the foil to seal in the steam. Place it in a shallow baking dish and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.

DONE. You will be amazed how juicy and tender they will be. Pan-frying really dries out a chicken breast, but steaming in aluminum foil in the oven renders them surprisingly moist.

If you don't like rosemary, use another herb. Oregano, thyme, whatever. Hell, you can do sliced tomatoes and basil instead of lemon and (insert herb). Limes and cilantro are another option. Oranges work great, too. Whatever you want.
    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 06-11-2012 at 06:33 AM.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Thanks for the tip, choco! I was hoping you'd appear in the thread to give me some good ideas XD

kmlmgm is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have tons of ideas for chicken breasts, having survived on them for years prior to paleo. One easy, always delicious option is brining. I use about 1/4 cup of sea salt per 1 quart of water. I slice vertical, shallow slits on top and bottom of breasts, then pour everthing into a good, sealable ziploc. Whenever you are ready to cook chicken drain it, rinse it briefly, pat dry, rub with your favorite spices/seasonings, then grill, bake in foil, fry in pan, whatever. I got the idea (and a delicious rub formula) from here: The Best Chicken You Will Ever Eat. Ever. | theclothesmakethegirl, it has been golden for all of us! I have also done her "stove-top pork carnitas" using chicken breasts and they are great, even if you are not into mexican (just don't cook them as long, pork is fattier, needs more time, my chicken breasts are done in sometimes less than an hour!). I have loved all of her recipes, actually.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast