Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ALWAYS follow your doctor's advice, especially in regard to FAD diets!! page 3

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    So to criticize the paleo DIET he says:

"They were starving all the time!" What does food being scarcer back then have to do with the diet?

"They didn't even live to be 18!" And had they eaten grains, sugars, they would have? So cavemen died from starvation, being devoured by animals, inter-tribal war, lack of emergency medicine... What does this have to do with diet you twat?

"They had no antibiotics!" Diet, Diet, Diet! STAY FOCUSED DOC.

"They had no sanitation!" DIET?

"Digging for roots!" At this point, I'm smashing my head on my desk. All hope is lost.

Primalwombat is offline Member
    I'd reply, but I'm starving and have go out to the garden to dig out some raw roots...

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bioletti View Post
    Yeah, in Civics and PoliSci 101, the "people" and the "politicians" make our laws. Once you leave the classroom, it's the Rockefellers, Buffetts and Rothschilds who take over.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    This website explains pretty well who "they" are. And no, "they" aren't "anybody wealthier than me". These people are wealthier than "the state" and exist pretty much outside and above it, and have existed in various manners and forms since the beginning of wealth itself.
    the Hipcrime Vocab
    So then, what good is the state if the state will never tax the puppet masters, and if the puppet masters puppeteer the puppet politicians for their own benefit and to the detriment of everyone else? Unless angels from heaven come down to run our government.

Dan208 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post

"They were starving all the time!" What does food being scarcer back then have to do with the diet?

"They didn't even live to be 18!" And had they eaten grains, sugars, they would have? So cavemen died from starvation, being devoured by animals, inter-tribal war, lack of emergency medicine... What does this have to do with diet you twat?

"Digging for roots!" At this point, I'm smashing my head on my desk. All hope is lost.
    Apparently he is not only a nutrition expert, but an anthropological one as well.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post

That life-expectancy thing trips me out, because everything that I've read indicates that life expectancy dropped from about 33 to 18 right at the start of agriculture. People seem to get this backwards.

Also, talking about people in the 1800's or 1900's doesn't apply, except that it took about 10000 years of eating grains for human life expectancy to get back up to where it was before we started eating grains.

The take home point seems to be- "DON'T experiment with different ways of eating that you may find beneficial and sustainable".

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    That life-expectancy thing trips me out, because everything that I've read indicates that life expectancy dropped from about 33 to 18 right at the start of agriculture. People seem to get this backwards.
    Well, life average expectancy probably wasn't particularly long, but it was more likely a result of traumatic injury while hunting or homicide rather than something diet-induded. (The accounts of homicide among the Eskimo given by Gontran De Poncins are very interesting. Some of these were over women, occasionally it would be something as incomprehensible to us as seeing a man's naked belly, and "the hunting instinct taking over" -- suddenly thinking a knife would slide into it easily and just doing it).

The three doctors are living among an epidemic of diet-induced problems -- what Weston Price called "the diseases of civilization -- and appear to be unaware of it. Or they tell themselves that they didn't live long enough to have "their first heart attack" ... heart attacks being, presumably, an inevitable part of the human condition in their opinion.

If Gary Taubes can go back and read people like Schweitzer why can't they? Schweitzer said he almost never saw cancer among primitive populations.

But I think all the things that Bosnic listed show how far off the point the medical man has wandered. It's not that Hunter-gatherers did well on their diet -- although they did -- it's the evolutionary aspect that's relevant. If people were eating such-and-such foods for hundreds of thousands of years then it follows that we will be adapted to them.

There's an interview Jimmy Moore did with a crazy who had a bee in his bonnet about the Theory Of Natural Selection:

524: Kevin Brown Says The Bible Proves There’s No Such Thing As The ‘Paleo Diet’ | The Livin La Vida Low-Carb Show

So this man says accusingly they shouldn't have called it The Paleo Diet; they should have called it The Evolutionary Theory Diet.

It's kind of ironic that an eccentric should have had a better grasp of what the diet is about than these three expensively-trained individuals. But in a strange way he had. It's not about eating what "cavemen" ate for the sake of it, but about paying attention to what we're evolutionarily adapted to eat.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalwombat View Post
    I'd reply, but I'm starving and have go out to the garden to dig out some raw roots...
    I did just that this morning....they're called radishes.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Someone take the batteries out the back of his head.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    someone take the batteries out the back of his head.
    lol. +1.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast