Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Question from a former vegetarian page 4

icz
    icz is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I have to agree that cooking is way easier when you eat meat! I just made some vegan tofu tacos from this month's Food and Wine magazine in which you have to grill eggplants and mix with soaked ancho peppers and add cumin and smoked paprika just to make a sauce to cover up the grilled tofu. Ugh. I forgot how much work vegetarian cooking is!

Bejelly is offline Junior Member
    After 9 years as a vegetarian, I started with bacon and I wasn't in love with it. I started working in ground chicken because I've never been a big fish eater. Now, I'm back to my carnivore days and in love with bacon again
    My Blog: A Girl Worth Saving
    My Cookbook: Paleo Eats

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Giving up tofu for me was like giving up surimi (colorless, odorless fish paste, often made into fake crab). I have a hard time wondering what is being given up.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    You could also try make some asian inspired stir fry dishes - the meat is cut very, very tiny, seasoned well and cooked at high heat to give a nice sear. It is served mixed with lots of veggies - if you add in lots of mushrooms the meat really tastes like mushroom.

I also think soups are a great way to go. Tiny bits of chicken in a lovely bowl of stock. Tonight my soup was homemade chicken stock with tender chicken, lime juice, cumin, and an avocado. Delicious!!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

icz
    icz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
    Giving up tofu for me was like giving up surimi (colorless, odorless fish paste, often made into fake crab). I have a hard time wondering what is being given up.
    Ha - I have to agree. I ate it tonight just because I miss meatless meals sometimes.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234